Review - Mariner 7/22 Seward-Vancouver

Boo Boo

I have been waiting to hear how you went on on your cruise and see that you finished up with an E grade suite after your earlier concerns.

Your opinions are largely positive and I hope you made some comments either on the comment card or directly to Regent about the lack of welcoming facilities at Seward.

I was sorry you had to miss Tracey Arm, though as you describe your feelings, you were probably wise. It is a long time on a smallish boat.

You mentioned change of menu in La Veranda. I thought they changed each night, usually with a different theme. Was this not so?

Finally, the washing machines. I found that they are usually in use, and I am still to fathom out the etiquette for using them. If, when you go in, someone's load has finished it's cycle, is it acceptable form to take it out and put it in a dryer or shouldn't you handle someone else's clothing? I asked a stewardess who was nearby and she just whipped it out of the machine, put it in the dryer and put mine in. Some users tend to leave their stuff in for a long time after the end of the cycle.

I hope the rest of your term is comfortable, Boo. Good luck.

Yes, a number of cruises (RCCL, HAL, Princess etc), but no previous "luxury" cruise experience.

I have stayed in a number of luxury hotels (most notably Dubai - which seem to knock the socks off of most 5* that I have stayed at in the US). But I am British and perhaps our "expectations" are generally lower that the average US traveller (if you have stayed in the average 5* hotel in the UK/Europe, you will know what I mean...).

For a cruiseline, Regent seemed execllent - in all aspects. Yes, their food wasn't quite up to 5/6* Dubai hotel standards (where a buffet dinner will come to about $75 a person), but it was still very good. Maybe Silversea/Crystal/Oceania/Seabourn are better.

A few of things that I forgot to mention:

- we loved the Coffee Connection - great place to relax - but the service was a little slow/unorganised. Not sure what was going on there... but the best way to get a coffee seemed to be to go up to the bar and order it (table service was "erratic"...).

- did the galley tour and loved it (it was like one of those "Discovery Travel" programmes - a real "behind the scenes look). Most bigger cruiselines dont seem to offer them to the masses (health and safety reasons, I think) and if they do they are not in the detail that the Regent one was. If you are interested, then worth doing. We did it the first day it was offered and it was pretty quiet.

- we did Bingo a number of times and it was frustrating that they would start selling cards at 11.30am (for the game to start ay 11.45am), but the lounge bar wouldn't open until 12noon (with no waiter service at that point either). So, if you wanted to enjoy a drink with Bingo, you had to go to Coffee Connection and help yourself to coffee/tea/soda/water. Husband did comment that this "over-sight" wouldn't be made if drinks were a revenue stream (i.e. their would be people going around Bingo selling them...). I did make a comment on the comment card that the bar should be open earlier to cater for Bingo participants...

I agree about the pool. I don't think it was a problem because there weren't any adults in the pool, but - to be honest - there weren't likely to be in the circumstances (i.e. it would put you off). They weren't being overly bad, but - in a small pool like that - it does take over. One of the few advantages of other lines with bigger ships - they generally have more pools and generally have an "adult only" pool (where things are more sedate). Wasn't so much of an issue on an Alaskan cruise, but might make be think twice about a Caribbean/Med cruise....

Saw a few Penthouses (from the doorways) and they did look a good size to us. I know what you mean about the safe - stupidly small: by the time we had our wallets and passports in there, wasn't much room for anything else (anyone with a lot of jewellery would have fun...).

Boo

Boo: It sounds like you have been on other cruises, just not luxury cruises. If my assumption is correct, Regent would be perceived as being pretty amazing (as you are comparing it with previous cruises you have been on). NoviceCruiser, on the other hand, has no prior experience except with luxury hotels.

What you consider not crowded, a past Regent guest may consider extremely crowded (specifically speaking of the pool deck). Also, some cruisers would not be happy to hear that the pool was being dive bombed by chidlren -- thus, making it not particularly suitable for adults who want to relax in the pool.

I could really identify with the size of Category E suites. Compared to the Voyager and Navigator, the Mariner's "regular" suites are quite small. In fact, my DH found it extremely cramped - particularly the closet and tiny safe. Our next cruise on the Mariner will be in a nice, roomy Penthouse.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. Hope that someday you can try the Voyager -- it is an incredible ship:)

OrpingtonT

Thank you. :)

The suite was lovely and was VERY happy to have ended up in one with a walk-in shower (rather than a bath) - VERY nice shower. Would go for a Penthouse next time, just for more space.

It was definitely a positive cruise: I like Regent's style: I think that they do things very well, but it is a relaxed and not formal cruise (if that makes sense).

I think that I mentioned the lack of facilities at Seward on the comment card (it is all a bit of a blur now...). It was a bit of a surprise really. I guess they tend to focus the check-in process "on the ship", but a warmer welcome (especially on a horrible, rainy, cold day) at the terminal would be a lot more classy.

Yes, it was definitely the right decision (for us) re Tracey Arm - although I was sad not to do it. If it had been up to 4 hours, I think that I would have been ok. But 6 hours was just too long. Plus we had the Four Glacier Helicopter Tour in Juneau later that day (which we didn't want to miss).

No, the menu at LV is the same each night: the appetisers change a little, but the soup and entree are always the same (at least on the Mariner, in Alaska, at the moment). I thought that it was a nice place to dine (especially if you were tired and didn't want to sit through 1.5 to 2 hours in CR), but it needed more variety.

The laundry thing surprised me... I thought that I would be an odd one doing laundry during a 7 day cruise ESPECIALLY at 6.30am, but it was very busy down there at that time. I think that I managed to wash my clothes without soap: I was trying to work it out and some women insisted that "the soap is added automatically" - later someone told me that this isn't so and you need to push the "soap" button. As far as ettiquette goes, I would put the laundry on a table (and not in a dryer). Firstly it might be hard for someone to work out which dryer their laundry was put in and secondly they might have items in the wash that are "do not tumble dry" (in which cash they might not be happy that they are tumble dried... ;) ) ).

Thank you. I am currently suffering from a mix of jetlag (we are 8 hours ahead of Vancouver here) and "growing bump induced" sleep deprivation (having trouble getting comfortable and falling asleep), but I hope that will pass. :)

Boo

Boo Boo

I have been waiting to hear how you went on on your cruise and see that you finished up with an E grade suite after your earlier concerns.

Your opinions are largely positive and I hope you made some comments either on the comment card or directly to Regent about the lack of welcoming facilities at Seward.

I was sorry you had to miss Tracey Arm, though as you describe your feelings, you were probably wise. It is a long time on a smallish boat.

You mentioned change of menu in La Veranda. I thought they changed each night, usually with a different theme. Was this not so?

Finally, the washing machines. I found that they are usually in use, and I am still to fathom out the etiquette for using them. If, when you go in, someone's load has finished it's cycle, is it acceptable form to take it out and put it in a dryer or shouldn't you handle someone else's clothing? I asked a stewardess who was nearby and she just whipped it out of the machine, put it in the dryer and put mine in. Some users tend to leave their stuff in for a long time after the end of the cycle.

I hope the rest of your term is comfortable, Boo. Good luck.

OrpingtonT

I think that I managed to wash my clothes without soap: I was trying to work it out and some women insisted that "the soap is added automatically" - later someone told me that this isn't so and you need to push the "soap" button. As far as ettiquette goes, I would put the laundry on a table (and not in a dryer). Firstly it might be hard for someone to work out which dryer their laundry was put in and secondly they might have items in the wash that are "do not tumble dry" (in which cash they might not be happy that they are tumble dried... ;) ) ).

Oh, I remember being so confused by the soap delivery system on Voyager! Not sure I ever figured it out either.

By the way, I also would never put another person's clothing in the dryer. I'm fussy about drying, and some of my clothes never see the inside of a dryer, so I would not want someone to do this to me. So I guess I would have to be vigilant!

OrpingtonT

. As far as ettiquette goes, I would put the laundry on a table (and not in a dryer). Firstly it might be hard for someone to work out which dryer their laundry was put in and secondly they might have items in the wash that are "do not tumble dry" (in which cash they might not be happy that they are tumble dried... ;) )

Boo

Oh, I remember being so confused by the soap delivery system on Voyager! Not sure I ever figured it out either.

By the way, I also would never put another person's clothing in the dryer. I'm fussy about drying, and some of my clothes never see the inside of a dryer, so I would not want someone to do this to me. So I guess I would have to be vigilant!

Thank you. As a mere man, I confess I was troubled that I might be seen as a perv handling ladies intimate garments. It wasn't the use of the dryer that I even thought about. However, now I know. I can take out the washed clothes, fold them neatly and put them in one of those baskets (and never, ever be a knicker nicker.:))

I thought the soap delivery system was easy. Just push the button when you start the machine and a measured amount of detergent will flow into it.

Boo Boo,

I am so glad you enjoyed the majority of your cruise and thank you for a well balanced review. You bring up some valid points that need attention but certainly don't ruin a cruise.

I am sorry if soem here seem to think that your point of view is less important than others and imply that your standards are lower. Just so glad you enjoyed and get another chance to cruise Regent (try Voyager for its bigger cabins if they do an itenirary you like).

Thank you. As a mere man, I confess I was troubled that I might be seen as a perv handling ladies intimate garments. It wasn't the use of the dryer that I even thought about. However, now I know. I can take out the washed clothes, fold them neatly and put them in one of those baskets (and never, ever be a knicker nicker.:))

Oh Orp, that's so funny. I've been away at the cottage, got home yesterday. David said that while I was gone he was sitting out on our front balcony when our new neighbour, about 15 feet away, came out and hung her "smalls" on a little rack she has, looked up, saw David, quickly removed the clothing and scurried away. We think she's now using her husband's shirts as camouflage!

Oh, and don't bother folding them neatly, just throw 'em in, less contact that way!

LOL, Orpington. As Wendy said, no need to fold. Just throw them in a basket to wait till the owner arrives.

I have become an expert at the intricacies of the Regent laundry room. The washer is a bit of a challenge till you learn its quirks.

NoviceCruiser, so sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. We were on the same cruise and had a lovely time... This was our first Regent Cruise and first on a luxury line.

My main issue was on arrival day - there was very little "welcome" at the cruise terminal at Seward: it was a cold, drafty shed. We should have been on the regular train from Anchorage (not the Regent chartered train) and were effected by it's cancellation. We got to the cruise terminal at about the same time that the train would have, but were told that embarkation was delayed by late disembarking passengers (because of the train cancellations). We were told that it would be about 2.5 hours before we could board and suggested that we should go into town to wait - that didn't appeal since it was bucketing down with rain! So we sat in the cold terminal and watched DVDs... only to be told that we could board about half an hour later (which was good!). I was just surprised that there was no "hospitality" for arriving passengers: other cruiselines (mainstream) put out tea/coffee/water/cookies etc - after a 3.5 coach ride, and arriving in the cold and rain, that would have been really appreciated... There were vending machines, but that seemed a little cheap... However, once we boarded the ship (and we were one of the first - great feeling!) it was a VERY different matter: we were completely looked after.

We didn't see a lot of people AT ALL until about the evening of Day 5 of the cruise - am not sure where they all were hiding until then! Didn't see many kids and they were all well behaved. They did sort of "take over" the pool (dive bombing etc) on the afternoon of the last day which made me think whether it would be much fun to be on a ship with only one pool on a warmer itinerary... Was very impressed about the feeling of space and lack of crowds. The only crowds we encountered were at the Pool Grill a couple of times (too much in a small, narrow area), disembarking one day (Ketchikan I think) and disembarking on the final day.

The only rough time on the cruise was the first night and it wasn't that bad really. Husband did say that he noticed "more movement" on the ship because it was smaller (than the 110k plus tonne ships that we normally cruise). It was fine, though - quite nice to be rocked to sleep :)

We didn't have a problem with any food in LV or Compass Rose (although, through pregnancy, my tastebuds are a little skew and I chose ice cream for dessert just about every night). We enjoyed Signatures and Prime7, although thought that the service was actually better in CR (the drinks waiters in Signatures were particularly bad - my water was never topped up, despite me asking for it to be done). We always had a table for two at the window, but the latest we ate was 6.45pm. Also came across the hard "crescent shaped rolls", but they definitely weren't croissants (and were completely different to the flakey croissants at breakfast): there was plenty of alternatives in the bread basket. Someone else recently mentioned (on another thread) that the Cowboy steak was nothing like their preferred fillet steak, BUT a cowboy steak is supposed to be nothing like a fillet steak... Husband knew what it would be, ordered it and enjoyed it. I guess that the trick with steaks is to know what you are ordering. Le Verranda was pretty nice for dinner (we did it twice - once after the Crab Feast and also on the last night when we were tired), but it would be nice if they had a different menu (or at least "Specials") each night.

The Pool Grill buffet on the last day was Mexican (the Fish thing was the day before I believe). The Mexican food at the Pool Grill was yummy. Although it could get VERY busy...

Service was excellent. Loved out Cat E Deluxe Suite, but would go for something with more space next time (probably Penthouse). We are used to larger suites on RCCL (normally an Owners Suite) and missed the space. BUT the Cat E was beautifully appointed and I LOVED the walk-in shower.

We toured Sitka on our own, cancelled Tracey Arm (I was tiring too quickly, being pregnant, and managed to almost faint at one point in Sitka - 6 hours on a boat would have been too much), did the 4 glaciers helicopter in Juneau, the White Pass Rail and Gold Dredging in Skagway and the George Inlet Cruise & Crab Feast in Ketchikan. All were good.

The onboard environmentalist/commentator started off badly (very mono-tone and sounded like she was reading, badly, from a script), but definitely warmed up as the cruise went on. She seemed to be better when she was observing a live situation.

We were in bed by 9/9.30pm each night - so didn't really get to experience the nightlife.

Anyone who is a gym person, beware that it is VERY busy the first morning (I was there by 7am (the advertised opening time!) and had to wait 15 minutes for a cardio machine to open up). However it is ONLY like this the first morning (I went 3 other mornings). Also it actually opens early than 7am (6.30am or earlier).

The other thing is that the laundry rooms can get pretty busy... I went at 6.30am (on my way to the gym) to find two of the three washing machines busy! Quite a few people like to do their laundry early...

I had a lovely time: very relaxed and very well looked after. Husband missed the fun/activities/liveliness of RCCL. So he and I will have to agree to disagree (probably cruises on both lines coming up in the future...).

Thank you all for your help and advice regarding taking this cruise :)

Boo

Hi Boo,

Glad you enjoyed! We did have a good time, just were somewhat disappointed/disenchanted, that's all.

We also didn't feel crowded at all (save that Mexican buffet!) & wondered on sail days where everyone was!

It was a nasty day for embarking, no doubt. Glad you didn't end up having to wait 3.5 hours in that building, though!

I *so* wanted to get to the gym, but after getting sick the first night, didn't want to push my luck. I am impressed that even with being pregnant you didn't think that 1st night was bad! Good for you!

LOL - we thought the same thing re: monotone of Terry Breen, but you're right, she did seem to get excited about a few things (that boat of people on the last sail day, for example).

You would *love* all the space in the Penthouse. There were 3 of us, and it never felt crowded. We had space in the walk-in closet for our 4 hardcase suitcases with room to move in there still.

My hubby also was bummed about a lack of activities, but all in all it didn't matter much since most days we were doing excursions, getting up early to do them, getting to be early for the next day's excursions or finding other things to do, so for me anyway, that all worked out.

Hope you find time during your pregnancy for another getaway/relax time/sleep time ;)

I thought the soap delivery system was easy. Just push the button when you start the machine and a measured amount of detergent will flow into it.

LOL - Funny you say that - it reminds me of an experience in college using the laundry facilities.

I finished mine and started to leave, only to hear a male voice calling "I think you forgot these" and to turn around to see him holding an intimate garment of mine! I was mortified!

Now, after many years and post childbirth, I wouldn't care ;)

Novice Cruiser, thanks for your review. I will be on the 8/19 sailing and have done three previous Regent cruises on Voyager, Navigator and the old Diamond. All were terrific experiences. (Mediteranean, Baltic and Caribbean). Sorry you had some unpleasant moments. Luckily, I had no motion sickness at all but had big concerns before my first cruise. I have therefore, not really focused on motion sickness solutions but think that I better be prepared. You mention using the bands and ginger Pre-Denali, is that because of the long time on the train and bus or because you were preparing for the cruise? Did you have any side effects from the patch or bonine?

A little bit of both. I figured I could use my plane rides out, buses and trains as a test for the cruise, since I'm prone to motion sickiness in all moving vehicles (I'm not much fun at Amusement parks. Someone has to watch all the bags, right?!).

Anyway, the bands & ginger worked great for all that pre stuff. I felt nothing, where I know I'd normally feel just a bit oogy ordinarily (walking back to the bathroom on the bus, for example).

I thought I'd be fine, but after getting sick 1st night on the ship, I took the bonine late late at night then put the patch on 1st thing in the morning, and used them both together going forward. So, I probably wouldn't be able to distinguish the origination of side effects.

Having said that, I did notice that when I took off the 1st patch 3 days later & put on the 2nd patch, I did have a bit of blurry vision but only for reading close up (like menus, etc.). It wasn't that bad, I just had to hold it further away, and was well worth not getting sick again.

I will say that 1st night, even my hubby, who rarely gets motion sick, felt very queasy. He worked hard not to show it or get sick for the benefit of our 8 year old (I was already sick as a dog, and he didn't want her to freak that both her parents were sick!). So, it's best to be prepared. :(

And I was fine not only on the ship, but on all our excursions. Catamarans, blow up rafts, float planes (on its side sometimes), train, bus, helicopter (which I have been thisclosetogettingsickon before).:)

Took off the patch once in Vanouver, took no meds, etc. there for 4 days and had no after effects either.

But I did take the ginger & wear the psi bands for the plane ride home ;)

*giggle*

I must admit that the only things that I really washed on Mariner were knickers and bras... you probably would have died! (I sent shirts, dresses, troussers etc to the laundry service).

Unfortunately the 3 very helpful ladies in the laundry room wouldn't let me get that far "No dear, you don't need to do anything the soap goes in automatically!!!" (I dared not fiddle or even look after that... ;) ).

Boo

I am sorry if soem here seem to think that your point of view is less important than others and imply that your standards are lower. Just so glad you enjoyed and get another chance to cruise Regent (try Voyager for its bigger cabins if they do an itenirary you like).

Oh no, I didn't really take it that way... although I did justify where I am "coming from" :)

I try to "manage my own expectations" when it comes to travel - otherwise it is too easy to set myself up for a fall. Regent gets an "A" from me (as far as cruises go). There may well be some "A+"s out there (or Regent could do a little better in some areas), but it is in the top percentile for the cruise industry. I think that land vacations tend to be quite different (you are rarely tied as much to the hotel in a land vacation for a start) and it is often difficult to compare the two.

Maybe I need to continue experiencing cruiselines for more comparisons (wish that someone would pay me to do that! ;) ).

Boo

Hi Novicecruiser

I think it is about expectations really - cruising is going to be different to a land based vacation. Hope that you don't give up on it, though - I think that cruising has a lot to offer. Try other luxury cruiselines too (like Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn - I haven't tried any of them, so cannot comment, but they may be more to your taste). DON'T try the mainstream cruiselines (like RCCL): they have a lot to appeal to some people, but I am certain that you wouldn't like them.

That Mexican buffet was good. We managed to get a seat by the pool too, which was pretty good. Drinks service was a bit slow, but I get the impression that Regent is not so set up for the "eat/drink quickly and run" approach (same with the coffee connection). Service is generally a more leisurely (perhaps "European") pace...

I am fairly lucky with sea-sickness, fortunately, and - at least by 14.5 weeks - haven't had any morning sickness yet. I am probably quite blessed. I did "stagger" out of the dining room that first evening, though (and hadn't touched a drop of alcohol!). I saw another women disappear at dinner who was feeling ill that night. There is definitely less rocking on bigger ships - Mariner is one of the smallest we have been on.

Glad we weren't the only one who thought that abotu Terry Breen... when I first hear her (pulling out of Seward) I thought we were in for an awful commentary all trip. But she was consdierably better by Hubbard Glacier.

Penthouse did look lovely Deluxe Suite was functional (and very nicely fitted out), but it is nice to have space to move around easily.

Yes, I agree - we had plenty to do (with excursions, eating, getting ready to eat, a bit of bingo, watching some DVDs etc). It all really suited me. Husband mourned the lack of a surfing machine and rock climbing wall (that they have on some RCCL ships), but I did point out that there weren't very "pregnancy friendly" activities... ;)

Currently considering the possibility of another short getaway before the baby is due, but I doubt that will happen: we are pretty busy for the next few months and I am currently considering private maternity care. Virtually all British maternity care is public and a lot of it is rather shockingly bad (medically might be ok, but not a lot of "after care" etc). Private maternity healthcare is not covered by private medical insurance, so any cost (about $15k) would be paid directly by us. So if we go that route, it will probably wipe us out of holiday funds for a little while... We will see.

Boo

Hi Boo,

Glad you enjoyed! We did have a good time, just were somewhat disappointed/disenchanted, that's all.

We also didn't feel crowded at all (save that Mexican buffet!) & wondered on sail days where everyone was!

It was a nasty day for embarking, no doubt. Glad you didn't end up having to wait 3.5 hours in that building, though!

I *so* wanted to get to the gym, but after getting sick the first night, didn't want to push my luck. I am impressed that even with being pregnant you didn't think that 1st night was bad! Good for you!

LOL - we thought the same thing re: monotone of Terry Breen, but you're right, she did seem to get excited about a few things (that boat of people on the last sail day, for example).

You would *love* all the space in the Penthouse. There were 3 of us, and it never felt crowded. We had space in the walk-in closet for our 4 hardcase suitcases with room to move in there still.

My hubby also was bummed about a lack of activities, but all in all it didn't matter much since most days we were doing excursions, getting up early to do them, getting to be early for the next day's excursions or finding other things to do, so for me anyway, that all worked out.

Hope you find time during your pregnancy for another getaway/relax time/sleep time ;)

I really appreciate all the imput that everyone has posted on the 7/22 cruise. No one has mentioned anything about shipboard credits so I thought I would inquire and see what response I get. I am on the 8/19 sailing, like many others have received shipboard credit from our travel agents. This will posted to our account on board. On our cruise, most of the popular excursions have already be booked and sold out, and paid for in advance. Did anyone have a problem using their shipboard credit up? The second question is, did the excursions open up so that you could go, or were you always wait listed. As far as left over credit, were you able to buy chips in the casino, cash them and credit your account? Appreciate anyone's response. Thanks,

Ira

Wow, $15K for private maternity care in the UK. I know that includes hospital and all, but still--I think I need to move to the UK and set up a private OB practice there.

Sorry, looks like £5k - £6.5k (so $7.5k to $10k) for the private OB (their fees, charges, including delivery). I think that it will be about £7k+ ($10k) on top of that for hospital costs and scans etc. So a bit more than I orginally estimated. (nearer $20k+ in total).

I wish that more people would set-up private OB practices in this country! I am looking to travel 2 hours drive away from home for mine - nothing closer! There is only one private OB near us and he "cannot guarantee to be there at delivery" (in a very grotty public hospital). Fortunately the in-laws have a house 200 yards from the private hospital that I am looking at in London - so I think that we can juggle it.

Traditionally there hasn't been a LOT of demand for private OB in the UK, but I think that is growing. The norm of public maternity hospitals/care is so grim (and the staff are so stretched and there is so little continuity of care), that more and more people are looking for other options... It is very sad. A lot is said about our "public health service" (free for all!), but the level of care can sometimes (but ot always) be incredibly depressing. This is particularly true for maternity - where there are really not a lot of private options outside of London.

Boo

I really appreciate all the imput that everyone has posted on the 7/22 cruise. No one has mentioned anything about shipboard credits so I thought I would inquire and see what response I get. I am on the 8/19 sailing, like many others have received shipboard credit from our travel agents. This will posted to our account on board. On our cruise, most of the popular excursions have already be booked and sold out, and paid for in advance. Did anyone have a problem using their shipboard credit up? The second question is, did the excursions open up so that you could go, or were you always wait listed. As far as left over credit, were you able to buy chips in the casino, cash them and credit your account? Appreciate anyone's response. Thanks,

Ira

We had a SB credit at the beginning, then received a larger one once we got credit for the excursion we couldn't go on (our replacement excursions were much less expensive).

However, we used it up by sending out our laundry twice (remember, there were 3 of us, and we did both pre & post cruise stuff). Well worth it!!

You may want to see whether your excursions open up so they can be credited that way. If you pay on a credit card for your excursions, depending on the card, you may be charged that pesky foreign transaction fee (which Regent will refund, but who needs the aggravation?)

I've seen on other posts where people did get their SB credits back in cash, but I don't know all the details (and I surely would have asked had I actually had $$ left).

Ira

Sorry, didn't see the 2nd question -

1. When we got onboard, we were able to get into the Lumberjack show right away. I think our Butler took care of this for us that first night.

2. We were able to get tickets right away for the Sea Otter & Wildlife Tour (one of our substitute excursions)

3. I've already posted about the Sea Kayaking excursion (2 got in right away, 1 was waitlisted. Eventually got in, but didn't know until I suited up).

Thanks Novice Cruiser. I am considering putting the patch on before boarding. It took me so long to get the nerve up to cruise because of a tendancy to motion sickness that now that I have done 4 cruises, I don't want to break my string of luck. I have the sea bands and will purchase the patch, ginger and bonine. Appreciate your response.

P.S. Just curious, if it is only me, but have you ever gotten motion sickness while watching a movie in a movie theater and there was a lot of jumping around and fast action? I can't watch badly filmed home movies either.

Thanks Novice Cruiser. I am considering putting the patch on before boarding. It took me so long to get the nerve up to cruise because of a tendancy to motion sickness that now that I have done 4 cruises, I don't want to break my string of luck. I have the sea bands and will purchase the patch, ginger and bonine. Appreciate your response.

P.S. Just curious, if it is only me, but have you ever gotten motion sickness while watching a movie in a movie theater and there was a lot of jumping around and fast action? I can't watch badly filmed home movies either.

Not for the jumping/action in a theatre, but I'm w/ you on the jerky, badly filmed home movies :)

Enjoy, and post when you've returned!

There are two kinds of shipboard credits. (1) Those credits where a third party, e.g. travel agent, directs cash to the account. And (2) promotional credits offered by Regent as an inducement for booking. Cash credits may be redeemed for cash at the end of the cruise if not used. Promotional credits cannot. The distinction between the two often confuses people. Pat

There are two kinds of shipboard credits. (1) Those credits where a third party, e.g. travel agent, directs cash to the account. And (2) promotional credits offered by Regent as an inducement for booking. Cash credits may be redeemed for cash at the end of the cruise if not used. Promotional credits cannot. The distinction between the two often confuses people. Pat

Thanks for the clarification.

Ira

I am thinking of booking with the navigator next summer to alaska, we are a group of 10 and have a third passenger in 3 rooms, the rooms are all together, and they said they would put a roll a way in the room.... My guess is there are no limits.... It is too bad. I was hoping this would be a great cruise, now it looks like I am contributing to the problem.

Archived