Seattle Duck Tour

harryfat1

Hi,

We will be in Seattle next week for 1 day pre cruise. We are looking to do the duck tour based on the various reviews – especially think my two boys will like the tour.

Based on the duck tour’s web site, they have tours that run every half hour and they recommend one purchase the tickets ahead of time to avoid the summer crowd/lines.

For those who has been on the tour recently, have you been able to just walk up and get a seat on the time you wanted or is there typically a long line/wait such that it’s better to order the tickets ahead of time?

Also, based on some reviews, it’s recommended that we don’t sit in the very back as the fumes are very strong. Any other tips from people that have taken this tour would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

We did the Duck tour mainly because it sounded like fun and an easy way to see Seattle. We bought our tickets online a few weeks in advance, glad we did because people who juat walked up were unable to go until much later. By buying in advance, you can better pick your time to go also. Have fun :D

Scott

This time of year is a very big tourist season time. Not only many cruises ships stopping here, but general vacationers spending time in our gorgeous Emerald City...you didn't mention what day you would be here. If it's a weekend, definitely buy ahead of time, unless you don't really care what time you go.

The Duck tour is lots of fun, did it when I first moved to Seattle. Definately make reservations.

Also, be aware that the starting point for the Ducks tour is accross the street from the Seattle Center. Fun stuff to do in Seattle Center is the Experience Music Project/Sci Fi museum, Space Needle which has a nice restaurant at the top (need reservations for that), and Pacific Science Center (fun for kids).

We did this as a Princess Shore tour in May,

as there are often more than 1 ship in port on each day I'd just book it as a ship tour if you really want to do it-

It was one of our cheapest tours and yet one of our favourites,

We had problems getting off ship late due to only 1 Gangway working and other unexplained reasons.

Our tour was for 10.30 but did not leave until way after 11.30 am.

Many of us were also booked on afternoon Boeing tour- We did not have time to go back to ship for lunch,

But as we booked Ship shore tours we were given preference,

Booking independently can save you money,

But it can also back fire on you.

A wine tour offer by Princess in Santa Barbara cost $169 US each.

We did it independently for $95 US each but we didn't have to worry about getting back to a ship- we were staying independently for 3 nights.

Thanks for all the reponses. We are looking to go on the duck tour next Thursday, 8/13, sometime in the afternoon. From the feedback, I better get my act together tonight and reserve a spot.

Don't think you can go wrong on this tour, specially with kids. DH & I are 55+ and loved our Duck Tour a few years ago and the kids on our tour loved it even more.

Our tour took us past the home featured along the lake from Sleepless in Seattle as well as other sites we know from films and other venues. Our driver was a real hoot.

Been on many, many cruises and taken our share of excursions, both ship sponsored and own our own. The Duck Tour in Seattle is up there at the top of our favorite tours we've taken while traveling.

Dianne

Archived