Member's Reviews of Jade Run High to Low

DMH15

Have been on the NCL Jewel, Dawn and Sun...

I have been reading reviews of the Jade, since that is my next cruise planned. Scrolling down I see the ratings fluctuate a lot. Lots of 5's, some 1's and 2's, etc.

So I took the last 24 reviews and took an average. It came out to 3.42. Basically 3 1/2. Do you guys agree that's pretty accurate? I could also throw out the top 10% and bottom 10% and get a little bit higher.

Plus, I will be in a Suite (Villa), and I think reading reviews of Suite cruisers tend to rate a little higher.

Or do I basically ignore the scores and just look for interesting tidbits about the Jade and my ports.

Curious on how you guys look at things. It really takes a lot to ruffle my feathers. I have loved my last three NCL cruises and really expect the next one to be as wonderful.

I would forget the ratings. There are no rules for what is a 1 and what is a 5. Pull the information that is important to you. I firmly believe in the throw out the top and bottom 10% to get a reasonable view nothing to do with average score. Keep in mind those that had a good cruise are far less likely to post a review making averages meaningless.

As Jade is presently sailing from Southampton, there are lots of reviews coming in to the main UK site. Thus the week July 25th to 31st has 12 reviews, 3 at 1*; 6 at 4* and 3 at 5*. Remove the top and bottom stars, and you're left with the 6 lots of 4*. The present cruises are taking place in the long summer holidays for Europe, and have many children aboard. If you are travelling after Sept 1st, this should not be the case.-jocap.

We just got off on the 26th and had an AE suite. Although I haven't posted a review for the member review boards, if I had, it would have been virtually all 5 stars. We had wonderful service, food was good, and we were happy with 2 out of 3 shore excursions booked through NCL. We thought entertainment the first week of the cruise was some of the best we've ever seen, then 2nd week was poor to mediocre.

I wouldn't worry about your upcoming experience on the Jade, if it is anything like ours you will have a trip of a lifetime! Click on the link in my signature to see our travelogue and photo book.

We just sailed the Jade earlier this year. Of of the Gem class ships, she was the most ship shape we had seen.

She was originally designed for the Hawaiian cruises so the decor is Hawaiian. You will be very pleased with this ship and her crew.

We found our 21 days on the Jade a delight. Hard to put a finger on the "differerence" - so many aspects just felt "good" to us. Among the most defining were the AMAZING ports. Particularly on our 12 day leg we virtually had a sea day between every port and that was fantastic for pacing oneself because we were doing some very exciting ports: Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Alexandria (Cairo) and Malta! Sorry if there have been too many upbeat reviews for your taste. I, for one, just could not contain my enthiusiasm!! :D

Particularly on our 12 day leg we virtually had a sea day between every port and that was fantastic for pacing oneself because we were doing some very exciting ports: Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Alexandria (Cairo) and Malta! Sorry if there have been too many upbeat reviews for your taste. I, for one, just could not contain my enthiusiasm!! :D

We look forward to the E. Med cruise aboard the Jade next year. Being a "Norweenie", I am certain I will share in your enthusiasm! :D

Thanks for all the reassurance. I really am sure I will love it. Just wondered about the spread in ratings. It really had me baffled.

Lambs2, that is also my itinerary. I have previously cruised to Rome and Athens on the Jewel, but my mom totally missed Athens due to illness. The other ports have me very excited. Cairo will be my 7th and final continent to visit.

Thanks again.

Just wondered about the spread in ratings. It really had me baffled.

It think it's two thing.

1) People who are never happy

2) People who pay NCL prices and want the service they saw on Titanic

Another thing we see here is people who give out about NCL , and from what they say can never have been on a NCL cruise.

Archived