What will they do to fill cabins?

topspin1267

Our sailing on the Legend is about 60 days out and they are still offering free past guest upgrades making any 8 category an 8H. We are booked in an 8C at a really good price (approx $1700.00 with tax and fees for 3)so no monetary deal for us, but looking at the sailing they seem to have ALOT of cabins to fill (even 8I aft extendeds).

IYO, Will they usually put out a big price drop or offer bigger upgrades?(we'd love to go to an 8I)

This is our first CCL since 1998, been regular RCCL cruisers but the price difference has just made CCL too good to pass up.

Thanks

My experience is first the will add something like a senior rate, (so watch for a senior rate), and if the cabins are still not filling, then they will drop the overall price.

So, they will offer it to a select group at a lower price first, knowing if they offered it to everyone, then all the ES folks will be jumping on the lower price. Upsell dept is making calls to discount the cabins and move folks up too...

We are a little more than a month out and the prices are finally, the last two days starting to drop for everyone.

I'm on the Freedom next week.

At 90 days out, they had lots of cabins available, including aft wraps. They had the cash back sale at that time. (senior and past guest available).

At 60 days out, same pricing as 90 days out and cabin categories started to disappear. (senior and past guest available).

At 30 days out, prices went up and more categories disappeared, and in some cases, entire classes (i.e. - inside for 3 or more, all cabins for 4 passengers, etc).

At 10 days out, prices up again, most cabins gone (about 16 available) all special rates gone. No suites to upsell or upgrade to, very few balcony cabins.

The cheapest price I found on this cruise was when I booked it at 90 days out. I didn't start looking until only 120 days out, so it may have been cheaper before that. I was really surprised at the number of cabins they managed to move between 60 and 30 days out. My thought is that many of the 2 person guarantee cabins were assigned at that time and the cabins had already been sold, just not assigned.

Our sailing on the Legend is about 60 days out and they are still offering free past guest upgrades making any 8 category an 8H. We are booked in an 8C at a really good price (approx $1700.00 with tax and fees for 3)so no monetary deal for us, but looking at the sailing they seem to have ALOT of cabins to fill (even 8I aft extendeds).

IYO, Will they usually put out a big price drop or offer bigger upgrades?(we'd love to go to an 8I)

This is our first CCL since 1998, been regular RCCL cruisers but the price difference has just made CCL too good to pass up.

Thanks

We did even better with the past guest upgrades they were offering last week for our Spirit (8 day) cruise the day after Thanksgiving. We ended up paying only $1310.00 (final price for 2) for our 8H extended balcony. Gotta love that web site where travel agents compete for your cruise business.

I don't anticipate seeing any further price drops. Possibly could consider an upsell to a suite if it was offered. Not so much interested in an 8I aft. After 24 years in the Navy, seeing the wake of a ship holds little interest for me.

Possibly could consider an upsell to a suite if it was offered. Not so much interested in an 8I aft. After 24 years in the Navy, seeing the wake of a ship holds little interest for me.

If you are booked thru a TA, chances of a upsell are slim, since they now would have to call your TA, and many dont call their clients. Depends on the relationship I guess between you and the TA or if they are just a large TA website.

If you are booked thru a TA, chances of a upsell are slim, since they now would have to call your TA, and many dont call their clients. Depends on the relationship I guess between you and the TA or if they are just a large TA website.

Not a real big deal to me anyway. I'm completely happy with an 8H extended balcony at $650 per person.

Archived