Drink of the Day?

TOPLE55

I'm trying to come up with a budget for our upcoming cruise and have read that is best to go with the drink of the day. Can someone tell me how much these cost? I think I read it before, but can't seem to find the thread. Thanks in advance.

Every day drinks are available in small, medium and large. The small is $3.95. I got pina coladas and rum punch. The actual drink of the day is served in a hurricane glass and costs more I believe. There is some sort of special about buying the hurricane glass and then getting refills for $2.95 or $3.95, can't remember which. However, I think this only applies to the "drink of the day" for the cheap refills. I didn't care for a lot of the drinks of the day. The best drink buy in my opinion is the $4.95 specialty martinis. I loved the toasted almond and the chocolate martini. The lemon is also good. The Gold Rita is better than most cruise margaritas, but I think it was $6.

I was just on the Regal and they had drink of the day, but no special glass for cheap refills. The price was for sm med and large. I think you would be best off buying the medium. It was $4.95 and the glass was pretty big. The medium had two shots of liquor. The small only one and was mostly ice. You could bring your own booze and get the virgin drink of the day which was only 2 bucks. If you are on a budget. Another idea if bringing your own booze is to have a pitcher of OJ or grapefuit juice delivered by room service and make your own drinks. WE did this several times...:o

On the Grand after buying the first drink of the day (and getting the souvenir glass), they put a sticker on your card. With that sticker, you could get the cheaper drinks without a refill - a small of the DOTD was $3.25 ($3.95 without the sticker), a medium was $3.95, and the large was probably $4.25, can't remember. Also, there was an option to add an additional 2 shots of liquor for $1.

Just back from the Coral, I don't remember anything about refills on drinks, but the DOD is an excellent way to get cheaper drinks and try new drinks. One of my favorites that you should try if they offer it (they did on Coral) is the Yellow Bird. It is SOOOOOOO good.We did order liquor by the bottle for our stateroom and brought coke with us along with buying at the bar.This will save you money.

Returned from the Sun Princess on the 22nd. Per the Patter, DOD's were -

Regular - $3.25, Medium - $4.95, Large - $6.50 (plus gratuity) Our favorite was the Melon Colada. We usually got a large with two straws and shared it.

Hope this helps.

We were on the Coral Princess last year and frequently went to the Wheelhouse Bar for their specials. They would have a 'Happy Hour' specials announced in the Patters each day. My personal favorite was when they had the buy one - get one free Margaritas. That was a great deal! :D

Judy

54 days until we sail on the Golden Princess! :)

Archived