Good Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Beans Life

Need some ideas for some good hotels in Fort Lauderdale want to stay 2 nights before cruise.

Dh & I like La Quinta, IF you are driving. Which we always do, because DH WILL NOT fly! :rolleyes: The cost covers parking during cruise, nice breakfast. and shuttle to the ship. Have to take taxi on return to pick up your car. There are many stores nearby. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We have stayed there twice and plan to again next Spring when we sail on the Freedom. Whatever chioce you make, Happy Cruising! :)

Luv's Crusin'

like others have mentioned...good can be very different. For us god for a pre cruise hotel is a reasonable rate (as not to add to an already expensive vacation), in FLL it means a shuttle to and from the airport and cruise terminal and if possible a small breakfast...so for us...good looks like the Hyatt Place

Hi,

I'm booked at the Sleep Inn for my October cruise. There are a lot of people on the boards who recommend it, not for luxury, but for location. They have transportation to/from both the airport and the port. Additionally, they are across the street from a Walgreens, a Publix Grocery store, and a few restaurants. For those of us flying in and wanting to buy water/soda/last minute items..this is perfect!!

I haven't actually stayed there yet, but unless you're looking for luxury, it may not be a bad place to stay for the night before your cruise...I also hear that it's safe and about 1 1/2 miles from the beach.

Good Luck! Have a great cruise!:)

I found a great price for the Ritz Carlton on Southwest Airlines Vacations for January 2010. A king with a full ocean view, no less. You have to pay in advance but the savings is considerable. We now plan to start our dream vacation there 2 days before sailing.

Need some ideas for some good hotels in Fort Lauderdale want to stay 2 nights before cruise.

Pillars On New River Sound

The W Hotel

The Atlantic

Lago Mar

The Pelican

Ritz Carlton

Hilton FLL Beach

Westin Diplomat

The Riverside Hotel

Dh & I like La Quinta' date=' IF you are driving. Which we always do, because DH WILL NOT fly! :rolleyes: The cost covers parking during cruise, nice breakfast. and shuttle to the ship. Have to take taxi on return to pick up your car. There are many stores nearby. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We have stayed there twice and plan to again next Spring when we sail on the Freedom. Whatever chioce you make, Happy Cruising! :)

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

Which La Quinta? There are several in Ft Lauderdale.

Shuttle from airport and to port correct? Is there a publix and restaurants within walking distance?

Sorry, we drive down and leave our car there while we are gone at no extra charge. Don't know about airport shuttle. But think they would have one. There is a shopping center within walking distance, don't know what kind of stores. Look at LQ website www.lq.com and they can tell you whats nearby. :)

Happy cruising!

Luv's Crusin'

I'm with Keith1010 for the Lago Mar, have stayed there twice before and will be staying there again for 3 days this coming January. Will be staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 New Years Eve. The Lago Mar is absolutely beautiful, right on the beach, right next to the cruise port. Love it there.

Sandy

Can anyone tell me about the Riverside Hotel...It's on my short list.

Will be in FLL for cruise in November.

Excellent choice. It's a very nice hotel in a great location with all the shops and restaurants of Las Olas Blvd. within easy walking distance... http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

One thing to know about the Riverside though is there are 2 parts of it. There is a new modern tower with rooms like any Hyatt, Hilton, etc., and then there's the older historic building (not quite sure how to explain it, but it may not be for everyone). There used to be pics on their website, but I don't see them any longer... http://www.riversidehotel.com/

Archived