Roatan

septrack

We were there in June on a Carnival cruise. However, the week before they did not stop there because of political unrest. It wasn't unrest that was carried over from the mainland, it was, from what I remember, Roatan's objection to mainland workers coming to Roatan. Roatan itself has protests, etc., but the cruiselines monitor it pretty well.

Anyone hear anything regarding the internal political problems in Honduras (Roatan) and whether Princess will go there in the fall, or possibly divert.

If ANYONE suggests they know anything about what will be happening this Fall in Honduras then they are full of it and if you bbelieve them, I have some waterfront land for sale that may be a great investment for you in the future

If ANYONE suggests they know anything about what will be happening this Fall in Honduras then they are full of it and if you bbelieve them, I have some waterfront land for sale that may be a great investment for you in the future

So, how's life going on the island, Sanddiver?

We were there July 22 & everything was great. No worries. The mainland is 30 miles away. Our cab driver told us the ferry ride is approximately 2 hours& the people of Roatan consider themselves separatefrom the Hondurans. We loved it there & want to go back, but when you only do 1 vacation a year sqeezing Roatan in might have to wait until 2011.

We were there the week before last (July 31st I think was the date) and the captain announced right as we were getting off the ship that there was going to be a protest on the island but that it was expected to remain calm, so we were just asked to be aware and stay safe. We heard after we got off the ship and talked to some locals at the port that they thought we might not end up stopping and they thought we were going to get turned away that day. I am not sure it's really predictable enough to know what's going on in the fall. We really enjoyed it so I hope anyone who has it on a future cruise gets to make it.

Archived