red sea voyage

well ive booked another cruise next year and we havnt done our first one yet.mrs says i,m nuts but i really fancy the red sea voyage so paid deposit for oct 2010. it looks great sailing up the suez canal and seeing the pyramids at giza etc.. were on the celebration anyone tell us what its like.were off in 6 weeks on the destiny to med and cant wait.book early and get the free AI is what i say.

You will not be disappointed!!!! celebration is a wonderful, friendly ship with a fantastic crew....we did a similar trip in october 2007 but went from Palma, Majorca to Sharm el Sheikh over two weeks. It is quite unique sailing down the Suez with most to see on the starboard (right hand) side of the ship...you go in convoy with lots of cargo and container ships and we had to stop in a 'layby' for several hours to let the upward convoy pass...It was very hot there!!

It will be a long day to Cairo but well worth it for the once in a lifetime experience of seeing the pyramids...the trips are very well organised and thomson has had alot of experience. Aqaba, Jordan is where you can take a trip to Petra...another once in a lifetime experience...these days were around 70-80 pounds for the day but included meals and all entry fees. I see you also go to Eilat which is right next door to Aqaba but is Israel...in fact when you dock at Aqaba you can see Egypt, Israel, Jordan and Saudi Arabia !!!

We have had several holidays in Eilat a few years ago now, and there is quite a bit to see there...an underwater aquarium, Swim with the Dolphins at Coral beach, there is a big shopping mall (wasn't cheap tho') and there will probably be trips from there as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy this trip...in fact sounds quite tempting !!

I'm also booked on this cruise can't wait, getting nearer to jan and the red sea magic cruise

Horror, someone might recognise me.

I am booked for red sea magic next Jan as well

did you get a free AI to offset all those expensive excursions?

ps. I was checking out the ports on the Thomsons site to get an idea of costs and Safaga (Luxor etc) is not listed, this might be worrying as we spend two days there.

thanks jennywren,it sounds fab and im glad i booked it.is the currecy euros there as well do you know.i didnt realise its a 6 hour flight back from sharm el shiek either.i,m trying to persuade my daughter and her hubby and the two grand kids to book it and come with us but she doesnt fancy a 6 hour flight back.be an experience for the kids to see pyramids though.6 weeks thurs and were off to med on the destiny,cant wait. ade.

I'm also booked on this cruise can't wait, getting nearer to jan and the red sea magic cruise

hi mtt, its a long way off yet but looking forward to it.were off on destiny 24th sept.6 weeks and counting. really fancy that red sea voyage though it sounds fabulous.bon voyage in jan let us know how it goes,cheers ade.

thanks jennywren,it sounds fab and im glad i booked it.is the currecy euros there as well do you know.i didnt realise its a 6 hour flight back from sharm el shiek either.i,m trying to persuade my daughter and her hubby and the two grand kids to book it and come with us but she doesnt fancy a 6 hour flight back.be an experience for the kids to see pyramids though.6 weeks thurs and were off to med on the destiny,cant wait. ade.

The Egyptians will accept sterling, euros or dollars ...they'll take anything!! you can get Egyptian pounds at the post office...they keep them in stock...you probably won't need much if you go on organised trips because you will have the cost of those added to your onboard account, so its just souvenir/present money really....

Yes it is quite a long flight from Sharm .... I usually try and sleep some of the way...and by the time the duty free trolleys been round and the food, etc. before you know it youre home!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cruise Anorak

We are booked on this cruise on 12th November 09 (doing a week stay first in Sharm). Am really looking forward to cruising the Red Sea. We did our first Cruise last year with another company from Southampton and although we really enjoyed the experience found it rather too formal, so here's hoping that from reading the Celebration reviews that the ship's ambience and intenary will be just what we are looking for!!! Good times to come!! Any tips/advice for this trip - most welcome. Thank you!!

We're on this cruise in November,it's our 1st with Thomson (only been on Ocean Village before).Still got 14 weeks to go and counting!

Archived