Ordering an "Egg Crate"

DocM4

I have copied down the fax # used to order an Egg Crate for the bed(s) -Is their a form that I have to complete? or do I just write a short note requesting them for cabin # so and so on board (name of ship) etal.

Thanks.

Betty

I have copied down the fax # used to order an Egg Crate for the bed(s) -Is their a form that I have to complete? or do I just write a short note requesting them for cabin # so and so on board (name of ship) etal.

Thanks.

Betty

No form just a short note with pertinent info to fax.

If its not there when you board ask "Stewart" ASAP.

I agree with the majority here. About 50% of the time it is there when we arrive when we fax in the letter of request. Good Luck!

What''s the fax number?

Thanks!

In my case even after faxing the info the egg crate is never on the bed when I arrive so now and I have been doing this for the last 6 cruises I just let the room steward know upon meeting him for the first time that I want one. He will do it when we are at dinner and he is turning down the beds for the evening. I really hate to ask him that upon meeting him the first time but unfortunately it has never worked when I did fax. They have enough stuff to do on that day anyway.

Marilyn

661-284-4885

Thanks! Taking Diamond from Anchorage to Beijing - lots of sea days lounging and if the beds are the same as they were on Sapphire this past May; I may need two egg crates! :D

Not more than 6 weeks in advance. I have been fortunate, everytime I faxed the request, it was honored and on the bed before we got there :D I keep a copy of the letter I fax, just looked to see if I had a date on it..............nope sorry. It is random from what I hear, just make sure you tell your cabin stewart as soon as you get onboard. From what I understand they have been known to run out.

Thanks! Taking Diamond from Anchorage to Beijing - lots of sea days lounging and if the beds are the same as they were on Sapphire this past May; I may need two egg crates! :D

Last cruise on the Grand, we ended up with 3 or 4, and it still wasn't the best. But they had changed to the tiny little 1/2 inch foam mattress pads with no egg crate pattern. The thicker ones were great and one was usually plenty, but not with the new ones. :(

We have always had it on our bed when We boarded. Sent FAX 6 weeks in advance. Never had a problem. If it should not be on your bed, ask the room steward as soon as you see him.

This is the first I have heard of this!

I wonder if which fax number used has any effect on whether the topper was there or not.

Are these toppers advised on the RUBY???

I should probably just request one.. can't hurt!

I don't think so as it always shows up on our Princess Personalizer, whether the request is passed along or not. ;)

I faxed in a request for the eggcrate, and it showed up on the Cruise Personalizer. But it wasn't on the bed when we arrived on the ship, and when I asked the steward (Stewart) he hemmed and hawed around about the bed already being made up, so I asked him to please have it on the bed the next morning when he made it up. The next day it was on there.

I faxed in a request for the eggcrate, and it showed up on the Cruise Personalizer. But it wasn't on the bed when we arrived on the ship, and when I asked the steward (Stewart) he hemmed and hawed around about the bed already being made up, so I asked him to please have it on the bed the next morning when he made it up. The next day it was on there.

Wow, that doesn't say much for this Princess' steward....

I would ask him, eye to eye, if I needed to contact the housekeeping/hospitality supervisor in order to have this request honored.

Heck, I would just ask him to bring the darned thing, as my husband and I would be capable of putting it on our bed.... even if we shouldn't have to.

Well, Monday I tried to fax our request to both numbers provided on the board and neither number answered. I tried several times throughout the day. :(

I'll bring the copy of my fax onboard and I'll ask our room steward nicely to provide them when the bed is prepared for the night. :o

Here's Hoping!

Well, Monday I tried to fax our request to both numbers provided on the board and neither number answered. I tried several times throughout the day. :(

I'll bring the copy of my fax onboard and I'll ask our room steward nicely to provide them when the bed is prepared for the night. :o

Here's Hoping!

I faxed mine over to the number I provided yesterday, it went right through. Maybe their fax line was down on Monday?

We always request them through our TA, but half the time they aren't on the beds when we arrive. We let the room steward know asap and have never had a problem. Don't wait past the first night to ask, though. We tried to add one for our daughter on the 2nd day and he was already out of them!

Archived