Wine And Spirits Brought Onboard.

Spf12

We always bring along our wine allotment for our cruise. There has never been a problem with the initial boarding but subsequent port stops usually results in Celebrity placing your liquids in storage till the end of the cruise.

I know that but has Celebrity stepped up their surveilance of checked luggage for wine or spirits?

Not sure about that?? :rolleyes: I brought 5 bottles of wine on the Summit July 9th Cruise. They dont care if it in your luggage.

I know that but has Celebrity stepped up their surveilance of checked luggage for wine or spirits?

We just leave it in our carry on and have never had a problem. The fear of one of those bottles breaking while the suit cases get thrown around is enough to keep me sober. The boarding process normally results in damage to at least one of our suitcases practically every voyage. I believe that all suitcases are scanned but Celebrity has as yet not removed the spirits in question.

We just leave it in our carry on and have never had a problem. The fear of one of those bottles breaking while the suit cases get thrown around is enough to keep me sober. The boarding process normally results in damage to at least one of our suitcases practically every voyage. I believe that all suitcases are scanned but Celebrity has as yet not removed the spirits in question.

Thanks for the response.I've always wrapped a bottle of Scotch in my checked luggage and never had a bottle broken or confiscated.Their have been threads recently that the Cruise Lines are getting more aggressive in implementing their policy.

With times getting tough I would not be surprised if they start enforcing their policy. One is allowed two bottles of wine, however we never had a problem bring back wine from various ports we stopped at. Now, however, with the new elite benefits and the free wine nightly in Michael's Club, we no longer bring on more than the two bottles.

Interesting question. Who does the xray and luggage (not carryon) inpections. Are they TSA or X employees. It would seem less than safe if the X people do this. They are not government trained for all possibilities.?? Now I'm worried.

Interesting question. Who does the xray and luggage (not carryon) inpections. Are they TSA or X employees. It would seem less than safe if the X people do this. They are not government trained for all possibilities.?? Now I'm worried.

Not sure what your worry is with non-TSA inspections. I understand 'X' does not screen the checked baggage since security is handled by the ports off the ship while 'X' handles it aboard. Port Authorites (US and non-US) do the screening. Don't know if US Ports use TSA personnel. And considering 'X' has many departures from non-US ports, it's the port authority with non-TSA personnel doing the screening, just as it is at airports overseas. If you think non-TSA screeners are an issue, not only don't cruise, don't travel outside the US. Cruise ships don't have the same restrictions as do airports: liquid sizes and so on. It's a different issue and security isn't focused on a small explosive damaging an airliner or some guy with a small knife taking over the ship. IT's a whole different focus.

Just as there are questionable airports that the US Govt lists, there would be 'questionable' port security, but since 'X' departures are from major US, Canadian, European, Carribean and S American ports, there are many more things to worry about such as getting ripped off by locals selling you 'local' wares made in China.

Think about it. if you are worried about non-TSA personnel screening checked baggage; 'X' security which is non-TSA checks carry-ons at all ports. You can get yourself really wrapped up worrying who is and isn't properly trained.

Denny

Bubble wrap in a plastic bag and rum runners

I've been successful in bringing JWB on board using bubble wrap,but I go back to my initial question"has anyone been successful in bringing wine or spirits onboard LATELY".My reason for asking is comments made on this subject on RCCL thread.Is Celebrity and RCCL getting more aggressive to insure compliance with the written policy?

I've been successful in bringing JWB on board using bubble wrap,but I go back to my initial question"has anyone been successful in bringing wine or spirits onboard LATELY".My reason for asking is comments made on this subject on RCCL thread.Is Celebrity and RCCL getting more aggressive to insure compliance with the written policy?

Its been answered..read my post :confused:....I brought 5 botles on the Summit July 9th. Just a month ago.

Not sure what your worry is with non-TSA inspections. I understand 'X' does not screen the checked baggage since security is handled by the ports off the ship while 'X' handles it aboard. Port Authorites (US and non-US) do the screening. Don't know if US Ports use TSA personnel. And considering 'X' has many departures from non-US ports, it's the port authority with non-TSA personnel doing the screening, just as it is at airports overseas. If you think non-TSA screeners are an issue, not only don't cruise, don't travel outside the US. Cruise ships don't have the same restrictions as do airports: liquid sizes and so on. It's a different issue and security isn't focused on a small explosive damaging an airliner or some guy with a small knife taking over the ship. IT's a whole different focus.

Just as there are questionable airports that the US Govt lists, there would be 'questionable' port security, but since 'X' departures are from major US, Canadian, European, Carribean and S American ports, there are many more things to worry about such as getting ripped off by locals selling you 'local' wares made in China.

Think about it. if you are worried about non-TSA personnel screening checked baggage; 'X' security which is non-TSA checks carry-ons at all ports. You can get yourself really wrapped up worrying who is and isn't properly trained.

Denny

Thanks for the very terse answer. But we'll cruise and travel anyway. Never stopped us before. Even after being in the Frankfurt airport when it was bombed. Even after 2 bomb scares on board or before boarding. My question was geared to the fact that TSA doesn't care if liquor was in the luggage but X personnel would.

Archived