Arrival on Quest 8/9

Jancruz

Jan

As we struggle to shut our cases to go and maybe you struggle to do so to leave can I thank you for all your postings from Quest. Whilst our itineraries differ you've given me a great flavour of what life on board is like and confirmed that our fantastic experience on board in January was not a one off. We will wave to you on Sunday

Ann

Jan

As we struggle to shut our cases to go and maybe you struggle to do so to leave can I thank you for all your postings from Quest. Whilst our itineraries differ you've given me a great flavour of what life on board is like and confirmed that our fantastic experience on board in January was not a one off. We will wave to you on Sunday

Ann

I am leaving you with the best crew I have ever saied with..

I will be thinking of you!!

I will start where I left off ...with our day at sea..very warm so I did some of the inside activities, magic workshop, trivia, shopping..some great stuff at great prices everything was $10..I bought a cute pair of earrings.

At 3PM we went through the straights of Messina and it was so different as there is less than a mile at that point between Italy and Sicily.. the Captain was telling us a fable that was quite interesting..

About 6PM we passed Stromboli and I tell you just as we were passing it belched smoke and fire like it was a show just for us!! So amazing..

Yesterday was Olbia and as hard as I talked I could not get Stu to go to the beach..so we took a toor with the ship of Madalanna Island..it was a long ride 50 minutes..then 20 minutes on the ferry then a ride around the Island to another Island..30 minutes shopping time and the whole thing again in reverse..I was not impressed with this tour..the only thing I liked about the tour was I stopped to get Gelato Coconut, Mango and Rice..out of this world!! It was 2 euro and worth every cent..The weather has been so hot that it has been difficult for Stu and I to do a lot of what we wanted to..

Today In La Spezia we stayed on the ship. did laundry, read and packed until 5pm when we got on to the tender into town..walked a couple of miles and had made a reservation for dinner at a wonderful little family restaurant that was outstanding..I did get their card so if anyone wants the name I have it..I had Calamari Salad and Pasta with tomato and olive oil and it was heavenly..Only problem was it was close to 90 degrees out at 8pm

I just cant believe we only have one more day on the ship..I feel like we have become a big family and I miss everyone on board already..tomorrow we are in Livorno and we will see what the weather is before we decide what to do..if we stay on the ship I know we will be in the pool all day..

More tomorrow night and I will have one last entry after we arrive home!!

Regards,

Jan

Jan, thanks for the memories! I do believe that Azamara has dropped Olbia from the itinerary for next year, and I have to say it's probably for the best. Although it's a pleasant enough little town, they just aren't ready for the cruise industry.

I'm glad to see that Captain Smith inspires the crew to the same degree that Captain Ericsson does. I still remember being bid farewell by him and the other senior staff as we disembarked in Civitavecchia. I felt as if I were leaving family, and there's only one other ship I've sailed on where I can say that (look at my signature and guess which one, LOL).

Have a beautiful day in Tuscany tomorrow, and safe travels home!

Well I guess Jean and I are the first back home and I have just read Jan's reports which I basically go along with.

I will, when I have time write my own review but if any spot should be dropped it is RAVENNA. Really a waste of two good days. We took the train on the first to Bologna....an OK City but not great and stayed on board the second day as everything in town appeared closed.

Olbia was great and we took a private tour to Bay of Sardinia and Porto Cervo. The scenery is spectacular.

Hey Jan.....we didn't even get a mention......I guess I kept a pretty low profile.

Brian

In retrospect:

It is hard to believe we are back (almost) in our routine, picked up our dog and it feels like home again!!

The cruise as always was outstanding, this time a bit better because of the wonderful crew..

I wish to thank Captain Carl, Niyazi, Gary, Vlado, Emmy, Ced and everyone else who made this trip so spectacular..We had a few firsts on this trip..first time in the therapy pool..wont travel again without signing up for the whole cruise, lunch in Ravenna at La Gardena thanks to the people at Slow travel who suggested it, first, (but not last) coconut, mango and rice gelato, traveling with Brian and Jean UK.., we MUST do it again!!

and last but not least getting over a cold in 3 days..that was great!!

I am planning our next trip I wish it could be on Quest but I think it will be on Journey..thanks to all of you that wrote to me and liked what I wrote..now I must get back to work !!!!

Regards from a happy person,

Jancruz1

In retrospect:

It is hard to believe we are back (almost) in our routine, picked up our dog and it feels like home again!!

The cruise as always was outstanding, this time a bit better because of the wonderful crew..

I wish to thank Captain Carl, Niyazi, Gary, Vlado, Emmy, Ced and everyone else who made this trip so spectacular..We had a few firsts on this trip..first time in the therapy pool..wont travel again without signing up for the whole cruise, lunch in Ravenna at La Gardena thanks to the people at Slow travel who suggested it, first, (but not last) coconut, mango and rice gelato, traveling with Brian and Jean UK.., we MUST do it again!!

and last but not least getting over a cold in 3 days..that was great!!

I am planning our next trip I wish it could be on Quest but I think it will be on Journey..thanks to all of you that wrote to me and liked what I wrote..now I must get back to work !!!!

Regards from a happy person,

Jancruz1

I see that you are on the roll call for our next cruise 12/4 - waiting patiently for you to return there......this is our first cruise on Azamara...lots of questions....can you tell me more about the therapy pool, please? Thanks for your reports!

Thanks for sharing your perspective Jancruz.

We sailed with Cap'n Carl and Nyazi on the Oct 2007 repo of Journey from NJ to Miami. Wonderful crew. We'll be on Journey again in October-November.

By any chance do you know their schedule for the rest of this year?

Cabo

Thanks for sharing your perspective Jancruz.

We sailed with Cap'n Carl and Nyazi on the Oct 2007 repo of Journey from NJ to Miami. Wonderful crew. We'll be on Journey again in October-November.

By any chance do you know their schedule for the rest of this year?

Cabo

Niyazi leaves in December for vacation and I believe Captain Carl leaves in November..Captain Carl will be on board for the Asia portion of Quests 2010 itinerary and I am not sure about Niyazi..on Journey you should have either Heike or Phillip as GM..I will be on Journey January 3 for the Panama Canal from San Diego to Miami.

Jancruz1

I see that you are on the roll call for our next cruise 12/4 - waiting patiently for you to return there......this is our first cruise on Azamara...lots of questions....can you tell me more about the therapy pool, please? Thanks for your reports!

I am now going to be on the January 3 Journey but will be happy to answer all your questions here..

The therapy pool is warm not really hot and has herbs and soothing balms in it..(I didnt ask which ones) were went in for 15 minutes at a time and really felt great on (old) bones..the spa area is very quiet and peaceful as they only allow a certain amount of people to purchase cards for the area..again, I highly recommend it!!

Jancruz1

He told me that he was returning after a holiday to Celebrity, initially on the Century (his favourite ship) and later on to Solstice which is his biggest challenge.

He was brought to Azamara to get things right and he felt that this was achived and it was time to move on.

A hugely endearing character and we are pleased to have met him.

Brian

I am now going to be on the January 3 Journey but will be happy to answer all your questions here..

The therapy pool is warm not really hot and has herbs and soothing balms in it..(I didnt ask which ones) were went in for 15 minutes at a time and really felt great on (old) bones..the spa area is very quiet and peaceful as they only allow a certain amount of people to purchase cards for the area..again, I highly recommend it!!

Jancruz1

Sorry to hear you switched cruises, but I am sure you wil enjoy your next one.....:)

Do you happen to know the price for a pass?

(it must vary according to the length of sailing - my sailing is 14 days).

Is it a large hot tub or more like the thallo pool on X?

Sorry to hear you switched cruises, but I am sure you wil enjoy your next one.....:)

Do you happen to know the price for a pass?

(it must vary according to the length of sailing - my sailing is 14 days).

Is it a large hot tub or more like the thallo pool on X?

I'm pretty sure that the price of the pass is the same whatever the length of your cruise.We had a couples pass Singapore to Athens (24 days) and it was $175 + 18% gratuity = $206.50.I think a single pass was $99 + grats.We definitely thought it was worthwhile for our cruise as we had so many sea days and,surprisingly,it wasn't usually busy and was a lovely peaceful place to sit and read or sunbathe during the day.

The pool isn't really like a large hot tub - it would maybe take six people (but we never saw more than four).If you look at the virtual tour on Azamara.com website you will be able to see it.

I'm pretty sure that the price of the pass is the same whatever the length of your cruise.We had a couples pass Singapore to Athens (24 days) and it was $175 + 18% gratuity = $206.50.I think a single pass was $99 + grats.We definitely thought it was worthwhile for our cruise as we had so many sea days and,surprisingly,it wasn't usually busy and was a lovely peaceful place to sit and read or sunbathe during the day.

The pool isn't really like a large hot tub - it would maybe take six people (but we never saw more than four).If you look at the virtual tour on Azamara.com website you will be able to see it.

Thanks for the info - I'm going to take a look at the virtual tour. :)

Archived