Back to Back Cruises/Dining question

Ykgorbie

My husband and I have booked back to back cruises on the Freedom next year; first one is 6 day Western Caribbean which we'll be doing ourselves; second one is 8 day Eastern Caribbean where good friends of ours will be joining us. We are wondering about people's experiences with sitting in the diningroom with strangers - or how do go about getting a table for 2 if we opt to do that ??

It is ackward when first meeting everyone, but if everyone is keen to know their tablemates it is usually a lot of fun.

If not its only a couple of hours on the first night, Next morning head to see Maitre'd and ask to be moved

My husband and I have booked back to back cruises on the Freedom next year; first one is 6 day Western Caribbean which we'll be doing ourselves; second one is 8 day Eastern Caribbean where good friends of ours will be joining us. We are wondering about people's experiences with sitting in the diningroom with strangers - or how do go about getting a table for 2 if we opt to do that ??

When you board look at go to the dining room assigned to and find your table. If it is not to your liking go see the maitre'd right away (usually around 1 PM) and ask for a change. If you get a large table an opt to take a wait and see approach and not like your table, there is a good chance that by waiting till the next day what you want may not be available. You never know how tablemates will be until you try it out. We have had some very nice people and at other times some undesirable drunks. We no longer take the chance if we are not cruising with friends, we get a table for 2 right away.

Carnival has always done extra extra good with assigning table mates. There must be a method to their madness but (with the exception of the last time where we had to switch from late to early), we have had such good tables mates.

Better than on RCL, Carnival has ecelled in this portion of their cruise.

We were three and got sat with two other groups of 3, two were parents with their child, and ones of the ladies who was with her parents hung out with us later during the shows. Another time we had all women travelling singles, like with their mom or sister. Cant be accidental.

I did the exact same itinerary as a b2b this past April. You will have a great time, and I loved the Freedom.

As far as dining. Try it, and if you do not like your companions, asked the Maitre d' for a change. I did not do it this year, and I should've, as one men was really rude the whole week. Went to the Buffet the last three nights.

Joanne

.....and I'll do it again in 18 days. I go to the Maitre' d and ask him on the second cruise to be assigned to the other dining room (if there are 2 dining rooms). Just to get a little different perspective.

;)

wasiii

Archived