Laundromat between Havensight and K Mart

sddsddean

Can anyone tell me where the above is in St Thomas? I know its near Vitraco Park between Havensight and K Mart, but after ages on google, all I can find is Havensight. Google Earth co ords of either the laundromat or K Mart would be brilliant. BTW, don't go on about doing laundry...we are going to be on holiday for 6 weeks, so it needs to be done!!!!

Simon

Can anyone tell me where the above is in St Thomas? I know its near Vitraco Park between Havensight and K Mart, but after ages on google, all I can find is Havensight. Google Earth co ords of either the laundromat or K Mart would be brilliant. BTW, don't go on about doing laundry...we are going to be on holiday for 6 weeks, so it needs to be done!!!!

Simon

There is a laundromat in Vitraco Park, which is half way between the cruise ship dock and K-Mart on the same side of the street.

......The google earth map shows this road as the Sugar Estate Road. The Vitraco Mall is the group of buildings on the left side of the road with the mostly red roofs. The laundry is in the building back from the road.

Edited by lostdart58

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have an idea of the cost for laundry? We too will be on vacation for a long time and we have plenty of other ports for me to enjoy the sun & fun.

When we did our Mediterranean cruise last year it was €3.50 (about $5.20) for a washer and the same for 30mins in a dryer. Don't know how that compares to the Caribbean.

Simon

BTW, don't go on about doing laundry...we are going to be on holiday for 6 weeks, so it needs to be done!!!!

It is something I always plan in advance so I know many changes of clothing to pack between laundromats. I despise having to shell out the huge fees for hotel or ship laundry so I always make sure as well to scout out where the laundromats are located. There's also that satisfying feeling walking off the vessel in front of the crew with your "protest" over their fees in the form of a filled laundry bag . . . and returning later to have your laundry scanned in the x-ray!

I can't give you advice for St. Thomas as we did our laundry in the Caribbean in Arbua.

Simon - yes the laundry is in Vitraco Park which is the red roof buildings accross from Rumer Road Way on google maps. Blockbuster Video is in the first red roof building and the laundry, which is called Washboard Laundry, is in the building behind Blockbuster. They are open from around 6:30am and allow the last loads to go in around 8pm... closing around 10pm. It is $2.25 for a regular load, $4 for a double load washer and $6 for a triple load washer. It is $1 for dryers.

--Islander

• 9 years later...

To update this thread:

This laundromat is in operation as of December 2018.  It opens at 6:30 am, daily, except for major holidays and on "Carnival Saturday" in April. The washing machine prices are now $2.50 (top loader) and $4.50 (double loader). Laundry may be dropped off for $1.10 per pound.  The manager requested that cruise ship passengers alert the staff to the ship's schedule so that drop-off laundry is completed on time.

This laundromat appears on Google Maps as "The Washboard."

There is also another laundromat nearby, but a longer walk from the Havensight cruise ship dock.  It appears on Google Maps as "Sugar Estate Laundromat."  It is on Alton Adams Drive, just past the post office, but on the opposite side of the street.  It is a larger facility, but it is more expensive.  Washing machines cost $2.75 and drop-off laundry is $1.50 per pound.

This laundromat also has hidden deals. Wednesday is Senior Day and top loaders are half price.

The dryers spin forever so clothes usually dry without having to add more quarters so check your clothes before spinning stops. This is for the ancient yellow dryers not the high capacity dryers.

• 3 years later...

In December 2021, my cruise ship docked in Crown Bay.  Let me update this thread with laundry information for those whose cruise ship does not dock at Havensight.

Using the Diamonds International store at Crown Bay as the starting point.

It is approximately a 0.4 mile walk to Your Choice Laundry, near the Scoops and Brew food stand.  As of December 2021, washers cost $6 or $7 (at least the ones which were not out of service) and dryers cost 25 cents per 5 minutes of drying time.  As warned by other posters, the proprietor can be grumpy and unfriendly.

It is approximately a one mile walk to Fast Stop Laundry, at the intersection of Veterans Dr. and Rue de la Carenage, next to the Total Gas Station.  As of December 2021, the small washers cost $4. Dryers cost $4 for 40 minutes, with no option for lesser drying times.  This establishment was larger, brighter and friendlier than Your Choice Laundry, notwithstanding a minor language barrier, and the longer walk.

Both Your Choice and Fast Stop can be located on Google Maps.

Edited by Stuart Suss