San Pedro Hotels

cruisingready

Crown Plaza had a great shuttle, took us to a small shopping area night before to pick up essentials(wine/water/soda and to the ship the next day.

We got a very good deal on Priceline. Bid on a 4 star in San Pedro I think the Crown and the Doubletree are the only ones.

I also liked the Crowne Plaza. You can see the ship from the hotel! You can get a room for about $65 plus taxes from Priceline, name your own price section just below William Shatner's picture (LOL). Put in San Pedro, your dates and on the next page click San Pedro ONLY. Crowne Plaza and Doubletree are both 3.5 stars (there are no 4 star hotels there). Put in $65, and once they have your personal information such as cr. card and name, submit. It's one of the easiest areas to bid on. Either hotel will be good for a ship leaving from San Pedro. One time I had to bid higher ($69) because of less availability, I guess, but that was fine. Good luck!

I also liked the Crowne Plaza. You can see the ship from the hotel! You can get a room for about $65 plus taxes from Priceline, name your own price section just below William Shatner's picture (LOL).

We were also successful at $65 per night a few weeks ago for our cruise in October.

We are not fond of the hotels in San Pedro, hotel conditions have driven us to Long Beach. ;)

Keith can you elabarate". We will be staying at the Double Tree in oct. Just curious. I have read lots of good things in regards to that hotel and the Crown Plaza.

marilyn

Keith can you elabarate". We will be staying at the Double Tree in oct. Just curious. I have read lots of good things in regards to that hotel and the Crown Plaza.

marilyn

Last time we stayed at the Crown we had 2 nasty rooms, in need of refurbishment. We were not happy with the way the staff handled the situation. We were only there for the night so we did not push the issue.

That was in Jan 09. :)

Have not stayed at the DoubleTree so can't comment.

We just have not had good luck in San Pedro, in the old Sheraton/Hilton also soured us when we stayed there.

Last time we stayed at the Crown we had 2 nasty rooms, in need of refurbishment. We were not happy with the way the staff handled the situation. We were only there for the night so we did not push the issue.

That was in Jan 09. :)

Have not stayed at the DoubleTree so can't comment.

We just have not had good luck in San Pedro, in the old Sheraton/Hilton also soured us when we stayed there.

Well I will find out about the doubleTree and and see how they are. thanks.

Marilyn

Well I will find out about the doubleTree and and see how they are. thanks.

Marilyn

Marilyn, the Doubletree is great! I think you will be very happy with it. You'll have to post your opinion of it when you get back. :p

:pWe stayed at the Doubletree. We drove from AZ so the Doubletree offered free parking the whole time we were on the cruise. Yes, they have the shuttle and it was great. We used it the night before the cruise to go to a restuarant to meet friends.

Room were most comfortable, as we cruised on the OH State-Mich. game weekend, they allowed us to stay in our room to watch almost all of the game! The marina by the hotel just added to the atmosphere.

Their brunch buffet was excellent and the check in choc chips were super.

We would definitely stay there again!

Kathy

We have stayed at both, both shuttle to and from the hotel and cruise terminal as well as too restaurants and attractions within 5 miles. We rather enjoy the location of the DTI in it's parklike setting and overlooking the LA Yacht Club. The CP is just fine as well but just in a little more of an urban location and closer to the terminal, downtown shops and restaurants. It is rather a pick'um in our minds, we book on Priceline and take whatever comes up.:)

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in November. We got a great rate and were on the concierge floor. We got free appetizers and drinks at night and a breakfast in the morning. We also got a great view of the ship pulling into the pier early in the morning. They have free parking for hotel guests who are cruising and a shuttle to/from the pier. It was a very nice, clean hotel and close to restaurants and shopping.

What is the best rooms to book to see the ship come in? We need two

We were on one side and could see the ship come in. Any room that has a view of the water is good. Then we moved to the other side where the lounge was for concierge floor to get a view on the other side and actually saw the ship dock.

We also did the $65 Priceline bid and got the Crowne for our January 2010 cruise out of LA. Only it and the Doubletree come up with San Pedro and 3 1/2 stars or up specified.

I hope they are both good.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for the Priceline experts, we are three in a group and want to share a room. Priceline does not give us the option of 3 people. Has anyone navigated thru this same situation with success and how did the hotel let you add the third person?

Archived