Villefranche Tender - how long does it take?

CruisingGoddess

The answer to your question really depends on the cruise line. Most cruise lines will give priority to those who have booked cruiseline tours. For independent passengers, they will normally have a time and place where you report and usually get a ticket. They than call the ticket numbers or colors....so you really want to get to this lounge as early as possible to get an early tender. On some cruises we have been ashore within an hour of arriving, but other ships have taken more than 3 hours to get everyone ashore.

Hank

We tendered in Villefranche on Voyager last year. Priority is given to the ship's excursions and then the tenders are numbered. You need to watch out for where and when tender tickets are being handed out. In our case it was outside one of the lounges at a specified time on the day before.

Get in line early in order to pick up a ticket for the first tender. The tenders take a lot of people but it's worth being there early. Once you arrive in port they will make announcements as to which tender number is boarding. You need to be prepared to push your way through the many people waiting on the stairs who choose to ignore the announcements asking them not to get in line until their tender ticket has been called :mad:

Once onboard the tender takes about 5 minutes. Getting back was no problem as the tenders run continuously and people are arriving at different times throughout the day.

We tendered in Villefranche on Voyager last year. Priority is given to the ship's excursions and then the tenders are numbered. You need to watch out for where and when tender tickets are being handed out. In our case it was outside one of the lounges at a specified time on the day before.

Get in line early in order to pick up a ticket for the first tender. The tenders take a lot of people but it's worth being there early. Once you arrive in port they will make announcements as to which tender number is boarding. You need to be prepared to push your way through the many people waiting on the stairs who choose to ignore the announcements asking them not to get in line until their tender ticket has been called :mad:

Once onboard the tender takes about 5 minutes. Getting back was no problem as the tenders run continuously and people are arriving at different times throughout the day.

Thanks for the info! Assuming we pick up tickets early the day before, do you think if we schedule a private tour at 8 am, we can make it?

I will also be on the Voyager of the Seas that will tender in Villefranche. If they depart at 7:00, what time should I be back to the port to be safe? I need to catch an early bus in the morning to get to the 2 places I want to make it to. Do they give any priority for that or only to booked tours?

I will also be on the Voyager of the Seas that will tender in Villefranche. If they depart at 7:00, what time should I be back to the port to be safe? I need to catch an early bus in the morning to get to the 2 places I want to make it to. Do they give any priority for that or only to booked tours?

According to the Daily Planner, the last tender will depart at 6:30 pm so you need to be sure to make it back to the tender location by then.

Only tours booked through Royal Caribbean are given priority to tender first when we dock. Everyone else has to get a tender ticket.

Archived