Too Many Kids....

cruzndiz

I wouldn't say it's a month before spring break. We did a March 3rd cruise on the Gem this year, and there were a lot of spring breakers on the cruise.

i just posted, but after I did I thought about this: you are right, from the very end of Feb until after Easter different schools have breaks, still the last week of Feb is pretty safe.

We're homeschoolers and have planned our first cruise for November. But our area public schools have quite a few year-round schools. So, at any given time during the year, hundreds possibly thousands in our area alone are on break.

I have to say there's a ton of ADULTS that have been disruptive when I'm looking for peace and quiet. In fact, I find on average (sporting events, concerts, movies, etc), adults are more obnoxious and loud than kids - especially when alcohol is involved. (I'm not anti-alcohol - just anti-you've-had-way-too-much).

It's funny because when I think ahead to the cruise, I think about avoiding adult single people and couples without kids - even when our kids are hanging out in the kids club.

I find it interesting that so many people think the kids were pulled out of school. Our district has a few year round schools. I know year round schools are available across the US.

Just a thought to chew on.

Another thought, which is a truth, there are schools in countries other than the US....certainly in the UK we have lots of them, and the holiday dates are different from other countries in europe and even the US!!

Archived