transportation from copenhgn airport to pier

drclipper

We are arriving on Aug. 17 (azamara, journey) at copenhagen airport and are curious if it is wise to take a taxi from the airport to the ship. How much does it cost? or is a prearranged car service a better way to go? We arrive at 1 p.m. and need to be on the ship by 5p.m.:o

Hi I've been looking into this as well and this is what I've found. It seems very easy to take the train from Copenhagen airport to central station and from there pick up a taxi to the port.

The train ticket office at the airport is located in terminal 3 and there are escalators down to platform 2, from where the train departs every 10 minutes for central station; the journey takes 12 minutes. I understand that the fare is DKK30 (4 euros) each. Then the taxi to the pier is around DKK28.5.

We are hoping to take this route on August 30. Our flight should arrive from the UK at 9.55am, so we should be in good time for a 5pm departure.

You will be on the Journey the cruise before ours - hope it's great!

Lynne :)

The cost of a cab, from the Copenhagen port site:

A trip from Copenhagen Freeport to Copenhagen Airport cost apprx. DKK 400.00 – DKK500.00 depending on time of the day.

This is about $76 - $95 USD.

That's much higher than I thought it would be based on previous posts. The train is looking better and better.

We took the train from the airport to the Central Station. It cost us 28.5DKK.

We did have some trouble paying for it with our credit card because they wanted to know our PIN number. As we never get cash advances, we didn't know the PIN, but I will say that we learned it for future travels in Europe.

Anyway, we tried several different credit cards and finally, the clerk said that she could just exchange our money right there. In several places in Copenhagen, we found that using a credit card required a PIN as well.

Here is a link to the Visit Denmark site, which has info on getting from the airport into town. From the center bus station, there is a bus that goes very close to the port. We took that as did several other passengers. Many Danes speak English and are very helpful with directions and other info.

http://www.visitdenmark.com/uk/en-gb/menu/turist/transport/lufthavne/transportationfromcopenhagenairport.htm

Archived