Help needed NOW (within24 hours)

mpbmark

I have booked both cabins 7676 and 9576 on the Radiance for the Alaska repo (9/10/10) from Vancouver to San Diego.

We usually book the higher and more centered cabin, hence 9576. I have never been in an aft cabin but I hear they are great, so 7676.

I don't mind the walk to the rear of the ship although I'm not crazy about deck 7. Right above Colony Club worries me. Also, is an aft cabin a good choice for Alaska? What about the Starboard side of the ship? Better or not. Both balconies look to be larger than the standard, so that's a wash.

Signed, Confused. :confused: :o

Well I don't know about sailing Alaska on the starboard side so can't comment on that. I can, however, tell you that a full aft for an Alaska sailing is wonderful!

We were on the Golden Princess in July and had a full aft. The Golden reminded me a lot of the Radiance in size etc. We were on the 9th deck as well. Anyway, the views were to die for. When we were sailing in and out of Endicott Arm we got a full panoramic view of everything the entire way and this was especially nice when we were leaving the Glacier site. You're going to love the views and the balcony is huge -- so much deeper than a side balcony.

Thanks for the input. I have been on the Grand a couple of times and my percception is that it is larger than the Radiance. Nevertheless, the big isuue for me is the potential noise factor from the nightclub right below 7676. They sometimes hold games like Quest and that can be noisy.

Still thinking.

You're going to have a LONG walk between cabins! The stairs/elevators are in the center of the ship and it's a mighty LOOOOONG hallway! (the stairs on the deck plans that are near the aft are crew only!)

I'm not concerned about the walk as the Radiance is not that big. I am more concerned about the potential for noise from the nightclub below coupled with the engine vibration, etc. 9576 has a large balcony but the view is restricted to one side of the ship versus the aft view which arguably, covers both sides.

First, let me thank all of you for your invaluable insight. Choosing cabins shouldn't be this big a deal but for whatever reason, it was this time. :confused:

I have decided to go with 9676 over 7676. Most of it has to do with familiarity. We have been in hump-like cabins in the past and always enjoyed them. Deck 9 center is a great location.

Maybe if an aft on deck 9, or even 8, had been available, I would have chosen differently. The lower deck, 7, with the potential for noise and vibration, and the fact that we would be in the cabin, for better or worse, for 2 weeks, dictated that I make the safe, for me, choice of going with the mid-ship choice.

Again, thanks for all your help.

:) Even though it's always nice to be able to have your own private space as far as balconies go ----- I am sure there will be plenty of spots on deck

to get great views and photos. You will be wearing the proper clothing --

so you should be fine. We had a hump cabin for the Around the Horn cruise this past January and had wonderful "photo opts." Enjoy your cruise. ;)

Archived