How easy is it to walk from Miami port to bayside market.

1lovehols

Mary Brickell Village is a much better choice. The Epic Hotel is FABULOUS! Personally, I could hang out there instead of leaving. Make sure you at least make it to the 16th floor pool deck and Area 31 Lounge for a drink.

It will spoil you for your cruise.

I'm partial to Balans for dining and Blue Martini for afterwards at MBV.

Don't forget to hang out at the pool for a while!

Thank you so much BlueHerons. I must say I am tempted myself...it is DH's 60th b-day so I wanted to start off the cruise properly! Yes, the pool is going to be my first stop.

And thank you megr1125 wrt the advice about the cab...DH won't even take it in dull old Toronto so we will likely take cabs to MBV.

Anybody know if the doubletree grand biscayne bay is walking distance to bayside? Anything about the hotel? It got very mixed reviews, from very bad to very good. Any opinions appreciated! Thanks!

Renee

It's not, take a taxi from there to Bayside for your own safety.

The building is part hotel, part residential condos... There are better places to stay IMO.

No beach in downtown Miami. Miami Beach(South Beach-1st-15th St.), is a 10 minute cab ride over the Causeway from/to ship. Cabs all over. Beautiful paved beach walk also. Shops across from beach on Ocean Drive.

How far of a cab drive from south beach to the airport? Would love to stay there just making sure it would be affordable to cab from the pier to south beach and then south beach to the airport? I am totally unfamiliar with Miami,

Thanks!!

How far of a cab drive from south beach to the airport? Would love to stay there just making sure it would be affordable to cab from the pier to south beach and then south beach to the airport? I am totally unfamiliar with Miami,

Thanks!!

South Beach is roughly 30 minutes from MIA.

Miami Taxi rates... http://www.miami-airport.com/html/taxi_and_shuttle_service.html

Another alternative is SuperShuttle... http://www.supershuttle.com/Miami_airport_shuttle.aspx

You will need to take a taxi. It's a very short ride to Bayside, but it's too dangerous to try to walk the bridge to the port, as there are no pedestrian areas. South Beach is too far to walk, but not too far of a taxi drive.

• 4 weeks later...

I have walked from Bayside to the cruise ships (and back) many times, it is something that crew members do frequently. Although the roadway is busy and loud, there is a sidewalk the entire way. Just be sure to cross the main road at the crosswalk between the American Airlines Center and Bayside to be safe. Although the walk may not be good for the faint at heart or those with lots of luggage, it is possible for those who familiarize themselves with the routing in advance. Happy travels to all. :)

Archived