How easy is it to walk from Miami port to bayside market.

1lovehols

we have had to change our flight home so will have limited time in Miami now. I was wondering if after check in on the ship how easy it is to walk to bayside or to the beach from the ship.. We are sailing RC jewel of the sea in Nov. Thanks in advance. :)

Neither the port or Biscayne Bay Marriott are very far from Bayside, both a 5 minute cab ride, but for safety reasons you don't want to walk from either one. Grab a taxi, they're plentiful and it won't cost too much.

And to the OP, the beach is a 15 minute cab ride, no possible way to walk that, again grab a taxi if you want to go.

If you are in Miami the day before and you insist on seeing Bayside Mall, just take a cab then. Don't make a special trip in the morning before boarding. It's not that big a deal and not much is open until 9:30 or maybe even 10.

Please do not even consider walking between the Port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace. It's an industrial area, over a bridge, with heavy truck traffic. It is not meant to be walked.

Additionally, someone recently posted that Bayside is in receivership/bankruptcy. I'm not sure what's left there, but to echo what eandj said, it's not worth the special trip. It's a place to kill a few hours if you have to, but honestly, I would not make it a "destination".

Just to repeat what's been posted.

#1- DO NOT think of walking from the port to Bayside. It doesn't seem that far, but the causeway is very dangerous for pedestrians. Plus, I don't think port security/TSA likes people walking around.

#2 Bayside is nice, but nothing special. It's nice at night during the weekend, when there's live music or you take a sunset boat ride. Definitely not worth going in the morning. Board the ship early and enjoy your vacation.

No beach in downtown Miami. Miami Beach(South Beach-1st-15th St.), is a 10 minute cab ride over the Causeway from/to ship. Cabs all over. Beautiful paved beach walk also. Shops across from beach on Ocean Drive.

Depending on the level of bankruptcy protection they filed for, they are like plenty of businesses going through a hard time right now. As long as I can go and have a good dinner and nice time with my family, I will continue to patronize them and wish them luck getting through these hard times.

Can't walk to Bayside from the port. It's not safe with the amount of traffic crossing the bridge.

DW, me, and another couple stayed at the HI across the street from Bayside pre-cruise in Nov 2008. We ate there the night before the cruise, there was great live entertainment and partying going on. We also ate breakfast there the morning of the cruise and took our time getting to the ship in order to miss the rush of the early crowd.

I need help with something in Miami. I went out of Miami on a cruise before and I remember we stayed close to shopping but I don't remember the area. To me it was shops and all near the beach. Is that possible ? I remember i even got my hair cut at one of the shops. Can someone help with this ? Thanks Janice

Thanks neither of us have been to the states before so knowing what can and can't do is all new so thank you.

I only really need a shop for soda and water & a few bits not a huge shopping trip. we are coming via new york so that's my shopping days. :D

the only time to visit bayside is friday night or weekends..they have

a Bubba Gump s and Knifes for dinner..along with a food court and other

restraunts..nice place to spend a few hrs the night befor a cruise..

from your hotel..look south..you ll see the bridge..bayside is just a couple

blocks south of the bridge..and the bridge will take you over to the port..

if you have a full day then book a tour of Miami thru the hotel..

Thanks neither of us have been to the states before so knowing what can and can't do is all new so thank you.

I only really need a shop for soda and water & a few bits not a huge shopping trip. we are coming via new york so that's my shopping days. :D

Where are you staying when you arrive in Miami?

Depending on the level of bankruptcy protection they filed for, they are like plenty of businesses going through a hard time right now. As long as I can go and have a good dinner and nice time with my family, I will continue to patronize them and wish them luck getting through these hard times.

South Florida Business Journal reports that Bayside is doing reasonably well, although in the recession some local tenants have been replaced by national chains. Its parent corporation, General Growth Properties, which owns 200 malls nationwide, is in bankruptcy proceedings because it was unable to refinance its debt given the disruption of the credit market in the recession. I'm not a big fan of Bayside as a local attraction, but avoiding it because of GGP's bankruptcy filing makes no sense whatever.

Marriot biscayne. we land 10:47PM night before cruise so will go straight to hotel then by sounds of things straight to the port.

Does POM have a shop inside it at all.

No shops in the Port area. However you could stop at the new CVS store on Biscayne Blvd on the way to the ship. Just ask your cab to wait when you run in. Should be a minimal charge for a few min. stop.

South Florida Business Journal reports that Bayside is doing reasonably well, although in the recession some local tenants have been replaced by national chains. Its parent corporation, General Growth Properties, which owns 200 malls nationwide, is in bankruptcy proceedings because it was unable to refinance its debt given the disruption of the credit market in the recession. I'm not a big fan of Bayside as a local attraction, but avoiding it because of GGP's bankruptcy filing makes no sense whatever.

Avoiding it because they've cut back on upkeep, amenities, security etc. because of the bankruptcy filing.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to get an update on Bayside Marketplace...we are staying at EPIC hotel the night before our cruise but don't necessarily want to eat there. Is Brickell Village a better choice? Should we cab it to either one or is the metromover ok? We will be in Miami on a Friday night. We want some place decent but does not have to be very fancy.

Thanks again for your help:)

Just wanted to get an update on Bayside Marketplace...we are staying at EPIC hotel the night before our cruise but don't necessarily want to eat there. Is Brickell Village a better choice? Should we cab it to either one or is the metromover ok? We will be in Miami on a Friday night. We want some place decent but does not have to be very fancy.

Thanks again for your help:)

Mary Brickell Village is a much better choice. The Epic Hotel is FABULOUS! Personally, I could hang out there instead of leaving. Make sure you at least make it to the 16th floor pool deck and Area 31 Lounge for a drink.

It will spoil you for your cruise.

I'm partial to Balans for dining and Blue Martini for afterwards at MBV.

Don't forget to hang out at the pool for a while!

Archived