A Recommendation for a 4 star meal in Rome?

Tesla

Try this one.

www.ristorantedirienzo.com/Eng/Home

This restaurant is located right on the Piazza della Rotunda (Pantheon). Eat inside or out.....

also.....for reviews just do a web search for

DI RIENZO RESTAURANT ROME

and lots of links will come up.

We ate here twice on our last trip. Wish I could show you the pics from the brochure...... nice !

Try this one.

www.ristorantedirienzo.com/Eng/Home

This restaurant is located right on the Piazza della Rotunda (Pantheon). Eat inside or out.....

also.....for reviews just do a web search for

DI RIENZO RESTAURANT ROME

and lots of links will come up.

We ate here twice on our last trip. Wish I could show you the pics from the brochure...... nice !

Hi Texancruzer,

Just wanted to let you know that our group of 20 or so will be dining at Di Rienzo for our pre-cruse dinner. It's been a bit of a challenge communicating with them, but I think we have it nailed down.

Thanks for the previous info.

P.S. try this site:

http://www.ristorantedirienzo.com/Eng/Restaurant.html

Mari

If you are truly looking for a 4 star Italian dining experience, I can recommend the following two restaurants that I tried last December.

One is very near the Pantheon and specializes in fresh grilled fish: Quinzi & Gabrielli. It's been on several "Best of Rome" lists and the food is delicious. Closed on Sun. and Mon.: http://www.quinziegabrieli.it/index.html

The other, Agata e Romeo, has been around for several years but I only got around to trying it recently. It's located near Termini (not my favorite night-time area, but this restaurant is worth it). Traditional Roman/Italian food and great wines Note that it is closed on Sat, Sun, and several weeks at the end of August: http://www.agataeromeo.it/homepage_in.html

Let me add a PS to my post..I do not do stars for restos here or when I travel so I do not know what the Forum would rate. I do not do stars because I have eaten at some 5 star restos with 1 star food IMHO,but the name was 4 star,and have eaten at a no way is this place going to get a star and had the best food ever..go figure;)

I hesitate to recommend restaurants myself because I have a rather restricted diet, but a friend of mine who is a James Beard award winner (2009) and New York based chef has published a list of her favorite restaurants in Rome, along with notes on each here: http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/restaurant_list/rome_stella.htm

I've used that list several times!

Sadly, Myosotis has closed. :(

Piperno is one of my favorite restaurants in the Ghetto. After all Jewish-Roman cuisine is probably closer to the original Roman cuisine than anything else.

Hi Texancruzer,

Just wanted to let you know that our group of 20 or so will be dining at Di Rienzo for our pre-cruse dinner. It's been a bit of a challenge communicating with them, but I think we have it nailed down.

Thanks for the previous info.

P.S. try this site:

http://www.ristorantedirienzo.com/Eng/Restaurant.html

Mari

Thanks for fixing the link for me....... hope you enjoy your dinner here ! We LOVED the location..... we sat outside as we loved watching the people in the piazza and the views of the Pantheon. Our hotel was on the other side from the restaurant (Albergo del Senato) and the convenience was just another plus for us. I couldnt get enough of the Caprese (sp?) ! They also gave us complimentary glasses of Proseco which I fell in love with altho I do not drink champagne. It is a sparkeling Italian wine. YUM

Piperno is one of my favorite restaurants in the Ghetto. After all Jewish-Roman cuisine is probably closer to the original Roman cuisine than anything else.

We ate at Piperno in June, and enjoyed our meal there very much. (The fried artichoke was fantastic!) First class service and food.

The last time I was in Rome (2/2009) I wanted to get off the trourist grid and asked a friend who had lived in Rome for several years for a top restaurant choice. The recommended choice was Il Convivio Troiani and it was all I could have hoped for and more. The food was unique and sensational and the service was world class. I a New York "foodie" and have enjoyed some pretty amazing restaurants and this place is on my encore list for sure... A true experience. And getting there is half the fun, it's off a very small street between the northern end of Piazza Navona and Ponte Umberto I.

Il Convivio Troiani

31 Vicolo Dei Soldati, Rome

(Expensive but worth it!)

Cruisemom42, Thank you for the info. We were making a special trip to Rome looking forward to Myosotis. So sad to hear it's closed.

Yes, I'm sad -- it was a great restaurant. I have their website bookmarked....sounds like they are planning to open a new restaurant eventually.

Archived