New to Cruise Critic

LoveTravel23

Hey guys,

I'm new to the CC, decided to join after all the help I got from these boards for my CCL Destiny cruise this Saturday. I so can't wait and I've enjoyed reading most reviews especially ones w/ pictures.

One last question before my cruise:

Whats the best thing to do in Grand Cayman on a budget?!

Thanx to all!!

P.S. Falkor u're Destiny post helped alot so a big thanx to you.:)

Hey guys,

I'm new to the CC, decided to join after all the help I got from these boards for my CCL Destiny cruise this Saturday. I so can't wait and I've enjoyed reading most reviews especially ones w/ pictures.

Thanx to all!!

.....we did the Caribbean Pirate Encounter last year. My 11 yo son loved it (and so did I).

wasiii

Hey guys,

Thanx to all!!

hey there, welcome aboard here @ cruise critic :D

your PS really made me smile - i'm glad my review was of help to you :)

so, if you read that, you know that i'd highly recommend moby dick tours, for about 40.00 PP...

if you're looking for something more budget friendly, there are plenty of beaches / beach resorts on grand cayman that can be a little more friendly on the wallet...

it seems lazydayz recommendation of royal palm hit a chord - and that you've done your research! if that works for you, go for it! there's also seven mile beach, and numerous other low cost options. when in doubt, grand cayman is a very 'safe' port, and there will be plenty of options when you get off the tender. if all else fails, hail a cab, and catch a ride to seven mile beach.

just be aware - lots of things in grand cayman are NOT budget-friendly, it's an expensive island for things like lunch, drinks, etc.

anywho, let me know if you have any last minute questions, i'd be happy to oblige!

PS - congratulations on, what i assume is, your graduation (cruise)!

best of luck, and bon voyage, you're going to have a blast. :D

i look forward to your review! :cool:

there is an area, that is a pedestrian zone...a little on down the main drag, past the Rum Cake store, turn left..walk a bit..then there is a free standing water/soda kiosk..and a little further..a SIGN.. EVERYTHINGS $20..or something to that effect....it is lovely costumy jewelry, and few other things..a ladies paradise. I got some really classy looking things in it, and my gal pal..many 2 for $20 and 3 for $20..smaller things.

Thanx!! Lazydayz thats what I've actually been thinking of doing and in the long run I think thats whats going to happen...check out my review when I come back =)

We'll be going to Royal Palms next year so I'd really appreciate any pics and reviews you get of the place.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived