Bargins on the Silver Spirit

palamoh

This new Ship sounds Fabulous, I have looked at every Itinerary for 2010, hoping to find a Cruise thats fits into the family budget for 2010 as this will be our 55th Anniversary in Sept. Finally after looking at everything we settled on the Oct 23rd departure from Lisbon to Bridgetown Barbados (Trans - Atlantic). The itinerary goes to locations that we haven't visited before and we do love Sea Days. It is the Best Price I could find on the whole year of 2010. This will allow us a long 14 days to get aquainted with their newest entry into the Cruise World.

The new Restaurant's and their Dinning look very appealing, also the larger Cabins should make for a more comfortable Journey. I also see where the have added some surprises (Deserts) in their two Specialty Restaurant's along w/ "Slow Cooking" in the Terrazza. Wish we could have done some of the other Itineraries, but will have to pass and be well satisfied w/this choice. We are leaving on the Shadow Sept 22nd for 21 days, but our true exicitment is next year on the Spirit.

Hope to find some other like minded folks on this same journey

"Mitch" and Sheila

The Spirit's crossings in 2010 are good deals...if you had looked at the Jan maiden

crossing earlier in the year, you would have got a veranda cabin for $100 per day less

than the Oct crossing.

We booked the Vista Suite for the 14 day crossing, unless my math is fuzzy (which at times it is) the 16 day crossing for this suite including Port Charges is only 29.00 per day cheaper. Also the Maiden Voyage does not offer the FREE Airfare, which makes that a more expensive venture, also could only find a 29.00 difference between the Veranda Suite on the two cruises. Was their a cheaper price offered on this Cruise at the initial offering, if so guess I missed it.

"Mitch"

The maiden cross veranda cabin price when first online in January was

$4796 (vs what SS website shows now, $5947) with XAPB early payment. You did get a good deal on the Oct cross

with the free air--there was no free air for the maiden. Also, Palomoh be sure to get an onboard booking discount

for your Spirit booking when you sail the Shadow next month...good for another 5% off.

The Christmas/New Year's maiden is definitely not cheap. I am am wondering if it will be a very good guage of what the demographic will be, though we love the current demo on the other ships.

It is going to be hard to resist the good deals on Cloud for 2010 if we fall in love with Spirit.

I seem to have a knack for picking itineraries for myself that don't include free air.

Debbie, methinks we on the SS CC board (esp us maiden Spirit cross cruisers) will be anxiously awaiting for Todd and you to board the maiden voyage..your blog and photos (at the speed SS is now showing posting photos of the Spirit) will probably be the first photos of the Spirit's public spaces and suites published.

I hadn't even thought about this. Just goes to show how valuable these Boards are in getting information from fellow Cruisers like Colonel. 5% equals another 500.00. Great information. When we meet on the next Silversea cruise Drinks for the entire trip are on me.

Guess I missed that Initial offering from Silversea, can I ride along on your coattail for a while?

"Mitch"

Mitch, your post reflects why i believe most of us really enjoy cruise critic..we all learn from each other. Would join u on the spirit Oct crossing for drinks, but we're booked

on Regent's voyager Nov grand crossing w/good friends (this also includes free air).

best, Wes

Hi Mitch & Sheila! We have reservations on the Spirit Oct. 23, 2010 also. We are really excited about this trip! We've never sailed on Silversea but thought this deal was just too good to pass up. Looking forward to meeting you & others on this sailing!

Barbara, Don, Carolyn & Ron

Hi Mitch & Sheila! We have reservations on the Spirit Oct. 23, 2010 also. We are really excited about this trip! We've never sailed on Silversea but thought this deal was just too good to pass up. Looking forward to meeting you & others on this sailing!

Barbara, Don, Carolyn & Ron

Hi

I'm on this sailing too. So lo and behold, we have a roll call going already this far out!

Look forward to meeting you all on the ship.

You can see from my countdown clock, how many days we have to wait!

Cheers

ging466

Looks like we will have a full crew before long. We have done the TransAtlantic Cruise a couple of times and have always enjoyed them, particulary the Sea Days. Good time to relax, enjoy a book or good conversation w/New Found Friends over a delightful Bloddy Mary. Sure look forward to exporing our new Spirit.

'

Mitch

We love the sea days too, that's one reason we chose this cruise. This past March we sailed on Oceania from Rio to Barcelona & it was the best cruise yet, even with a couple rough sea days. We loved Oceania & are thinking how can anything possibly be better! I understand Silversea is suppose to be a step above. Any thoughts are comments please?

Barbara

Wasn't that the greatest!! We did the same cruise b/b from Buenos Aires in 2008. We too are very much looking forward to our first SS cruise after several on Oceania. Oceania has always been fabulous as far as food and friendliness of the staff, and we loved the informality,but, they don't sail the Pacific from LA and as we get older (in numbers, that is!!) the appeal of a cruise without any air journeys is very appealing.:):):)

I know what you mean with the hassle of flights, especially when there are connections that have to be made. And as we get older (in number only) it definitely is more difficult.

Yes, Oceania is wonderful and the food in Polo Grill the best ever!!

Betty & David, will you also be on the Spirit for the Oct. 23rd, 2010 sailing?

Barbara

Believe u will enjoy Silversea's All Inclusive (AI) fares--AI enhances the social quality of your cruise. Many folks go to the panorama lounge, or other lounges for pre dinner drinks (all included, never sign for anything) --good chance to link up with new friends before a delicious dinner (at any time, since dining is open seating) in The Restaurant, or La Terraza for Italian, Le Champagne (for a fee) or on the Spirit, Stars Supper Club, or Seishin (also fee). Or you can enjoy 24 hour in suite dining served course by course. Enjoy freely poured reasonable quality wine with dinner. Generally, after the evening's entertainment or during, it's back to the lounges for a nightcap coupled with live music or if u enjoy a cigar, you go to the humidor with your cigar for a smoke and cognac (also included in your fare) Silversea's all inclusive fare means you can enjoy champagne (Pommery), scotch, gin most alcohol, except premium lables 24X7. You can also have a bar set up in you suite with a couple of your favorite brands, bottled water and softdrinks are naturally also included. We enjoy getting champagne before each port sailaway and toast our balcony neighbors--many are doing the same toast from their balcony! Silversea's fare also includes gratuities, a wide variety of entertainment (production shows, rich loung shows, superb enrichment lectures..we even had Opera under the stars (lounges on pool deck, with giant screen) and were served chocolate covered strawberries with flutes of champagne. Many times Silversea will include rountrip transportation to the

center of your port's town, when docked...am sure other SS sailors will chime in with their thoughts.

Regarding alcohol "premium labels" is a relative term. I find Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Chivas Regal, Remy Martin to be premium enough for me and they are all included. If you want Johnnie Walker Blue or Louis XIII cognac you will have to pay extra.

Riobound Colonel Weiss gave you a great sumnmary of what to expect with the Spirit. I can chime into this by saying this is our 4th SS Cruise, a few others here and there mostly w/Celebrity and their Azamara Line as well. I'll let you decide when we are at the end of the line in Barbados. For my pleasure it is Silversea hands down.

"Mitch"

I have a question regarding the On-Ship Booking Credit of 5%. I am booked on the Shadow this November, and have a booking for the Lisbon-Barcelona TA October 23, 2010.

In Post #6 on this thread, ColonelWes seems to imply that the 5% on-board booking credit can be obtained for an already booked cruise. I always thought that this was only for new bookings made while on-board.

Can I still qualify for the 5% discount for next year on an already made booking?

These will be the third and fourth SS cruises for my wife and myself.

Thanks!

Dan

Go Irish! Class of '78

Dtm, here is what our TA just sent me:

On Silversea, you can add the onboard discount to the future cruise, if the same discount is applicable. So if it is 60% off, now when you book and still 60% off when you request the onboard then they will apply it. Silver Sea will be changing their discounts for 2010 when the sailings start to sell, so then you might have a problem. Also there are 3 voyages in April , a 3 day and a 4 day cruise, and 1012 that the onboard discount is not applicable to. They might add more voyages to this, regardless of when they are booked.

Archived