The Constellation doing med cruises next fall

momofmeg

7 day-but a great itinerary. Mostly Italian ports round tip Barcelona. For the med-the price was very good too. I am hoping we can swing it. Now, if we can find a good price on airline tickets!

for the expense of flying to BCN, hope you can add a few days in Barcelona--a great city (w/many pickpockets!)

for the expense of flying to BCN, hope you can add a few days in Barcelona--a great city (w/many pickpockets!)

Pickpockets are everywhere in Europe, in the US big cities also if you use the public transportation especially. That is why we use neck wallets. We only carry a copy of our passport, when out and about, and we use VISA cards that we put cash on-not our personal credit cards. (which are insured if they are stolen)

I did find a Celebrity Infinity cruise for this year-it leaves November 14- and is 2 weeks-so it ends the Sat. after Thanksgiving. It is $2300 a person, which includes airfare from Atlanta and taxes-$150 less if you fly from NY. We do not have enough vacation left for that-or vacation fund-really-since we have taken a very nice vacation this year.

However, I liked the Connie when we cruised her 2 years ago, and though the Infinity has extra ports, the ports we really wanted to see- are available on the Connie.

We would love to spend a week in Switzerland/Austria pre cruise. I WISH we could get those ports on a 7 day out of Italy, Italy is closer to Austria.

Oh well, this is in just the "dream" stage. We have friends who want to do a med cruise with us-and actually we are taking about 2011.

Archived