Breakfast timing

ruffs

I was just reading the recent posts on whether breakfast can be had by all in the main dining rooms, but I'm curious about how long breakfast takes in the dining room vs. the buffet? I'm looking forward to being able to have a nice breakfast every day and am not in favor of buffets in general, but will we have enough time in the morning on port days without getting up really early?

thx

i was wondering this to so i look forward to hearing responses. We thought about getting room service thinking it might be quicker but someone posted a brekkie menu for it and there didnt seem much on it

Do you have to be in a suite or a VIP to dine in the dining room or is that just in the specialty restaurants ?

This is one topic of misinformation that just keeps resurfacing. In summary: Every passenger, in every cabin on every NCL ship is entitled to eat breakfast in the main dining room, if they choose to dine there.

There is one specialty restaurant open to full suite guests for breakfast and lunch: Cagney's. For dinner. all the specialty restaurants are open to all passengers who are willing to pay for them.

This is one topic of misinformation that just keeps resurfacing. In summary: Every passenger, in every cabin on every NCL ship is entitled to eat breakfast in the main dining room, if they choose to dine there.

There is one specialty restaurant open to full suite guests for breakfast and lunch: Cagney's. For dinner. all the specialty restaurants are open to all passengers who are willing to pay for them.

Adding to this.....on most NCL ships there are 2 main dining rooms. For breakfast and lunch only "ONE" of them is open to "ALL PASSENGERS"....the "OTHER ONE" is open to only "BALCONY, MINI SUITE and above passengers.

So....if you go to one of the main dining rooms and they say you can't dine there....then just head over to the other one....unless of course you booked a balcony or above.

Adding to this.....on most NCL ships there are 2 main dining rooms. For breakfast and lunch only "ONE" of them is open to "ALL PASSENGERS"....the "OTHER ONE" is open to only "BALCONY, MINI SUITE and above passengers.

So....if you go to one of the main dining rooms and they say you can't dine there....then just head over to the other one....unless of course you booked a balcony or above.

I don't even know if this is true any longer. I recently read a posting by a CC regular that said he/she got confirmation they have stopped the extra dining room for balcony/mini suite guests. I hated to read that, but whoever it was who posted that I trusted completely. I wish I could remember what thread or who posted it, but I can't. Tried to do a search for it but couldn't find it either. No matter, there is a MDR available to all guest for breakfast and lunch no matter what stateroom they are in.

I missed breakfast in the MDR because I woke up before everyone else and didn't want to wait for them and didn't want to eat by myself in the MDR. Next time I will wake those lazy bums up and we'll eat at least one breakfast in the MDR.

I think 35mins was the norm for us. We are early risers, so the times are fine. I love the feel and look of the Versailles, so we always head there, unless we are in a suite.

But yes, the service is quick and consistent.

I missed breakfast in the MDR because I woke up before everyone else and didn't want to wait for them and didn't want to eat by myself in the MDR. Next time I will wake those lazy bums up and we'll eat at least one breakfast in the MDR.

you can try to split up your breakfast...hehehehe. when cruising with my folks, sister and her family...it's tough to time everything.

so some of us who are awake will just do buffet to START. hehehehe...then when we get organized we'll "finish off" at the MDR. :D

Another great place to get a quick breakfast is at the Blue Lagoon. We often have a cabin on deck 7 or 8 and many mornings have our breakfast in Blue Lagoon. On the Jade they had a "quickie" breakfast, or something named close to that. We have found the coffee better in Blue Lagoon than the main dining room most of the time, too!

Another great place to get a quick breakfast is at the Blue Lagoon. We often have a cabin on deck 7 or 8 and many mornings have our breakfast in Blue Lagoon. On the Jade they had a "quickie" breakfast, or something named close to that. We have found the coffee better in Blue Lagoon than the main dining room most of the time, too!

How does the quality of food for breakfast compare between the MDR and the Blue Lagoon?

New to NCL and my question is can you ask for double portions or two seperate things like a couple eggs with bacon and also pancakes at breakfast? Been many times on RCC and mostly ate in the Windjammer and as everyone knows you can get all the portions you want there but when we went to MDR which wasn't often I always felt uncomfortable asking for more than the average and we are all big breakfast eaters. It's like you would get an egg or maybe two and two pieces of bacon and then they'd come around with toast and just put one in your plate and you'd have to ask for another. That's not a big breakfast to me. I need home fries and if at a nice restaurant at home I may even have biscuits and gravy. I grew up on big breakfasts so was wondering if anyone got extra on NCL and how the dining staff treated you when you asked for double or more? :o

New to NCL and my question is can you ask for double portions or two seperate things like a couple eggs with bacon and also pancakes at breakfast? Been many times on RCC and mostly ate in the Windjammer and as everyone knows you can get all the portions you want there but when we went to MDR which wasn't often I always felt uncomfortable asking for more than the average and we are all big breakfast eaters. It's like you would get an egg or maybe two and two pieces of bacon and then they'd come around with toast and just put one in your plate and you'd have to ask for another. That's not a big breakfast to me. I need home fries and if at a nice restaurant at home I may even have biscuits and gravy. I grew up on big breakfasts so was wondering if anyone got extra on NCL and how the dining staff treated you when you asked for double or more? :o

You can order all that you want in the MDR-but be sure to order it all at the same time. The menu is basically set up as ala carte, so you can order eggs,meat, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, toast, what ever you want. They are not good about coming back to inquire if you want to order additional items. Sweet rolls are passed while you are waiting for your food to cook.

On the Jade the food in the Blue Lagoon was great-at times. On port days the service could be a bit slow due to the large number of people eating there. Just account for this and go a little earlier then usual. Also. The BL seemed to run out of certain items. Breakfast sausage became hot dogs as the 12 night trip went on. The menu remained the same, but certain food items, like the hot fudge brownie sundae disappeared (guess they ran out of brownies). The "big breakfast" (or whatever name it came under) was a pick and choose type-choice of eggs, meat, potato or baked beans, roll, juice,etc. The croussant and egg sandwich was another popular choice on port days.

you can try to split up your breakfast...hehehehe. when cruising with my folks, sister and her family...it's tough to time everything.

so some of us who are awake will just do buffet to START. hehehehe...then when we get organized we'll "finish off" at the MDR. :D

That would be doable except it would take will power on my part during the first round at the buffet. Something about all of that breakfast food triggers a feeding frenzy and I barely have room for lunch later :o.

Archived