On Board Activities

ruecatt

My family recently went to Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas and I found the on board activites a little on the boring side. Usually I am running from activity to activity but on this cruise they were so dull. Even the art autcion was a disappointment. It only lasted 30 minutes.

Maybe I'm just tired of the same old activities. I wish these cruiselines would show a little originality and creativity in planning their activites.

I'm not sure what could be done to get these cruiselines to get creative or even take some suggestions from cruisers on the types of activites we would like to see but if you've got an idea, I in!

I regretted not swimming on my Alaska cruise. But it was great fun to whale watch from the Solarium. Alaska was my first cruise a few years ago and we didn't partake in a lot of onboard activities but we were certainly never bored. Somehow we missed the Windjammer until a few days into our cruise. That thought still makes us laugh everytime we walk into the Windjammer.

My family recently went to Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas and I found the on board activites a little on the boring side. Usually I am running from activity to activity but on this cruise they were so dull. Even the art autcion was a disappointment. It only lasted 30 minutes.

Maybe I'm just tired of the same old activities. I wish these cruiselines would show a little originality and creativity in planning their activites.

I'm not sure what could be done to get these cruiselines to get creative or even take some suggestions from cruisers on the types of activites we would like to see but if you've got an idea, I in!

On board activities are usually determined by the itinerary you are sailing and the total number of sea days that your itinerary has. The more sea days, the more activities.

On 7 day itineraries, especially to Alaska, your activities will be limited as you have many port days.

If you want more activities, then you need to book a longer cruise.

Archived