Cruising on Thanksgiving- Special Meal in Dining Room?

Hi we will be taking the Navigator 4 night to Cozumel which leaves on US Thanksgiving Day. If anyone has cruised on RCCL for Thanksgiving before can you tell me if they will offer a traditional T-day meal. Any different concerns since it is the first night? Thanks.

Yes, they will have a traditional meal but not like you are probably use to. We've been onboard ships quite a few times for Thanksgiving and the last time, 2 years ago on the Explorer of the Seas it was pretty bad. I compare it to a school lunch. Pitiful. Embarassing to our fellow table mates who were expecting a feast. We were on the Jewel of the Seas about 4 years ago and it was much nicer. Smaller ship, more attention to the food and dining.

Hi we will be taking the Navigator 4 night to Cozumel which leaves on US Thanksgiving Day. If anyone has cruised on RCCL for Thanksgiving before can you tell me if they will offer a traditional T-day meal. Any different concerns since it is the first night? Thanks.

I have sailed with RCCL on Thanksgiving. Roast Turkey with all the fixin's was one of the entree options available. Everyone at our table enjoyed it. I would expect they would have it Thanksgiving night even if it is the 1st night.

We'll be on the Grandeur for Thanksgiving this year.

Charlie

I have sailed with RCCL on Thanksgiving. Roast Turkey with all the fixin's was one of the entree options available. Everyone at our table enjoyed it. I would expect they would have it Thanksgiving night even if it is the 1st night.

We'll be on the Grandeur for Thanksgiving this year.

Charlie

It was the same on our Thanksgiving cruise a few years ago.

We've had one Thanksgiving afloat, on a Splendour TA. As others on this thread have commented, turkey with most of the trimmings were on the menu but nothing to write home about. Consider the other menu options. We'll be on Grandeur this Thanksgiving and I don't have my heart set on turkey etc.

Welcome. DW & I will be on the Navigator as well. Actually, it is the 2nd part of our b2b. We will be doing the 5 night cruise on her prior to the Thanksgiving cruise. This is our 4th cruise over the holiday and as others have stated, you get the traditional Thanksgiving fare.

Let me know if you would like more info and I will give you my e-mail. Looking firward to meeting you.

We had dinner in one of the specialty restaurants once on Thanksgiving and we saw that someone had ordered a traditional turkey dinner. It was not on the menu, but they got it from the galley for them.

Personally, I love cruising over Thanksgiving. No pressure to shop, cook, clean, cook, clean, put away the leftovers, put away the pots and pans and the serving dishes, etc., etc., etc.

We were on Grandeur in Tortola for Thanksgiving 2006 with Joe and Sally. Our dinner menu had five main entrees including, of course, 'Thanksgiving Turkey'. Of the five entrees, the turkey was listed fourth on the menu. ????

In order the entrees were (1)Forest Mushrooms Farfalle, (2)Crusted Atlantic Cod, (3)Southern Honey Glazed Ham, (4)Thanksgiving Turkey and (5)Roasted Autumn Vegetable Turnover. Yes, we grabbed the menu for a souvenir. Would think that the Turkey would be listed first. We had the turkey. It was good, not excellent.

This was a 13 day repo from Baltimore to NOLA. Maybe for 13 days they listed the menu items according to inventory available? Your guess is as good as ours.

Hello to Joe and Sally!

Rick and Deirdra

We did the Vision for Thanksgiving in 2006 and I agree with the others that they had a traditional turkey meal on the actual day as an entree. I also remember that it was not my favorite meal of the cruise, just my personal opinion. For me it closely resembled the "Tom Turkey" entree in the MDR on previous cruises (not sure if that is still an option as I have not cruised RCCL in over a year). The ship centrum was also decorated for fall with pumpkins, leaves and a big Happy Thanksgiving sign, and it looked great!

I loved cruising over Thanksgiving and would definitely do it again. We missed the family stuff but at the same time spending time with my little family and not having to stress over a big meal was awesome.

We cruised on the Monarch last Thanksgiving and we were very disappointed in the turkey dinner. We had second seating and we felt like maybe they had run out of everything. We each got a small thin slice of turkey and about a spoonful of stuffing. We didn't get any cranberry sauce although it was listed as part of the meal on the menu. There was a very small serving of potatoes. Nothing was very good, althought I have had the turkey dinner on RCCL ships many non-thanksgiving meals and it is always very good. We actually left the dining room hungry. We went to the windjammer to try to get something else, but since we had late seating the windjammer was already closed. We did hear from other cruisers that the Thanksgiving dinner in the windjammer was excellent. If we cruise on Thanksgiving again, we'll go to the winjammer.

We'll also be on this cruise! My husband and 3 kids are taking our first ever cruise. The kids are 20, 17, & 14. We think this will probably be our last vacation all together for a while. I hope we've made a good choice, will there be enough for everyone to do? I'm also terrified I'm going to get sea sick! Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Personally, I love cruising over Thanksgiving. No pressure to shop, cook, clean, cook, clean, put away the leftovers, put away the pots and pans and the serving dishes, etc., etc., etc.

My sentiments exactly a well as not having to travel to the in-laws. Wooh hoo - double bonus. ;)

Archived