Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown

sailing-nut

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a store where I can buy soda and rum around the Holiday Inn?

Pete

The Bayside Market is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. You should be able to find soda and rum in one of these stores.

The Bayside Market is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. You should be able to find soda and rum in one of these stores.

Do you know this to be true? I have always heard there are no liquor stores at Bayside; the store directory doesn't appear to show liquor or sundries at all. People on these boards always recommend the Walgreens a few blocks away. Just sayin'.

There is a small liquor store a few blocks away...at least there was april 2008. Turn right as you leave the holiday inn. Make a right again after two blocks( i think this is also the block with the walgreens) go down three or four blocks and the liquor store is on the right.

As of June 2009, if you make a right just as you walk out the front door, there is a brand new CVS Pharmacy/convience store about 2 blocks down the street. Plenty safe during the day.

Make a right turn at the corner with CVS, walk to the next street on the left, and there is a small liquer store.

There is a small liquor store a few blocks away...at least there was april 2008. Turn right as you leave the holiday inn. Make a right again after two blocks( i think this is also the block with the walgreens) go down three or four blocks and the liquor store is on the right.

Yep. Turning right out of the HI, go two blocks to Flagler st. Turn right, go a couple blocks and the liquor store is on the right and Walgreens on the left. The OP will have to get the rum here, not at the CVS. I believe they sell only wine and beer.

Yep. Turning right out of the HI, go two blocks to Flagler st. Turn right, go a couple blocks and the liquor store is on the right and Walgreens on the left. The OP will have to get the rum here, not at the CVS. I believe they sell only wine and beer.

Not sure where you're from or when the last time you were in the area and not trying to start a peeing contest but unless I'm sorely mistaken, these exact locations have recently changed.

I was just down there in late June and stores have closed or moved.

If I remember correctly, there used to be some "Cruise Crew" stores right there where cruise crew members could buy cheap electronics and clothing.

When I was down there in late June of 2009, all of those stores are now boarded up, the Walgreens was closed up, and the liquer store was gone. The CVS store was new to me.

To get liquer now, I had to walk up 1 more block on Flagler (I think) and turn left. There was another much smaller liquer store 1/2 way up the block on the right. They were not stocked very well. Couldn't even get any Jack.

Not sure where you're from or when the last time you were in the area and not trying to start a peeing contest but unless I'm sorely mistaken, these exact locations have recently changed.

I was just down there in late June and stores have closed or moved.

If I remember correctly, there used to be some "Cruise Crew" stores right there where cruise crew members could buy cheap electronics and clothing.

When I was down there in late June of 2009, all of those stores are now boarded up, the Walgreens was closed up, and the liquer store was gone. The CVS store was new to me.

To get liquer now, I had to walk up 1 more block on Flagler (I think) and turn left. There was another much smaller liquer store 1/2 way up the block on the right. They were not stocked very well. Couldn't even get any Jack.

WOW klfrodo, everything was open when we were there in the winter. Was the Walgreens and liquor store closed for good?

Good to report the changes here. So many posters use those stores. I DO know of the new CVS being opened which is great. Very convenient for the HI and IC. Guess the old directions are out the window, now! Thanks for the update!

We were in the Walgreens in April, half the store was covered in plastic, looked like construction. CVS wasn't open yet. The small liquor store is a block or two south of where Walgreens is on Flagler. It is on a street parallel to FLagler.

Archived