Weight limit on the water slides?

KimberleyFL

No weight limit. Someone posted they were big enough they almost got stuck, so if you can slide down, then you are fine.

i wondered this myself ,I'm oh how shall we say "big boned ".yea thats the ticket .i can now see me stuck willy wonker style waiting for enough pressure or 12 year olds behind to shoot me out the bottom.do you happen to remember if the almost stuck cruiser before put his size. if so please reply as i would really like to know.

i wondered this myself ,I'm oh how shall we say "big boned ".yea thats the ticket .i can now see me stuck willy wonker style waiting for enough pressure or 12 year olds behind to shoot me out the bottom.do you happen to remember if the almost stuck cruiser before put his size. if so please reply as i would really like to know.

This gave me a little chuckle because I am a big woman(big boned) and I was thinking the same thing..Hey lady move it lol..But you know it doesn't matter how big or small or tall and wide its about the fun you have..I know if I drink way too much I won't be on the slide them steps look very high to me lol

I'm also wondering what size the person was that almost got stuck. Is 2X and 3X too big for the slide?

If you are like me you are not big boned. You are fluffy...lol

Linda

I run about 300lbs, 5'10", and have more than a couple Xs before the LG on most of my clothes... Before my first trip down the slide on the Fantasy, I thought maybe I should tie a rope to my ankle and throw it down first so they could squeegee my lard butt down the tube when I got stuck. No worries... I fit just fine.

I've also been down the slide on the Holiday. For the record, the monster wedgie at the bottom of the Fantasy's slide is much worse than the landing on the Holiday. I guess the drop into the pool on the Holiday keeps the derriere from catching a case of the munchies.

• 9 months later...
my hubby was a 6x. on our cruise this past spring on the legend he did not get stuck once.

and he was 6' 485lb then. now he is down to 415.

My DH was questioning me about the slide today. He is a large man, and wanted to have fun on the slide with our niece and nephew. We were trying to look for pictures or videos of larger passengers going down the slide, but had no luck finding any. He wanted to judge it to see if he would have a "Willy Wonka" moment and get stuck.

I run about 300lbs, 5'10", and have more than a couple Xs before the LG on most of my clothes... Before my first trip down the slide on the Fantasy, I thought maybe I should tie a rope to my ankle and throw it down first so they could squeegee my lard butt down the tube when I got stuck. No worries... I fit just fine.

I've also been down the slide on the Holiday. For the record, the monster wedgie at the bottom of the Fantasy's slide is much worse than the landing on the Holiday. I guess the drop into the pool on the Holiday keeps the derriere from catching a case of the munchies.

OMG! I'm glad that I wasn't drinking when I read this. LOLd. I scared the dogs, but thanks for the laugh!

I am a "1X" in front of the large but I'm not worried about my size. I always thought I was too old to do the slides and never had any interest in them. However, I have already warned my DH and my 29 and 32 year old sons that when we sail on the Dream in December I will definitely be trying out the slides. I can't wait to give it a go!

John Pinnett is a large man, and he has a skit about going to a water park:eek:I never laughed so hard in my life-you might be able to find it on you-tube,if you put his name in and waterpark vacation-Oh it is absoultly hysterical:D:D:D:D:D

Grandmallie,

I just watched John Pinette!!! I wish you had warned me about the speedos and flip flops! ROFL!!!

Hopefully no one on the cruise ships will hydro plane off the ships!!! LOL!

You're right! He was too funny!!!

My DH was questioning me about the slide today. He is a large man, and wanted to have fun on the slide with our niece and nephew. We were trying to look for pictures or videos of larger passengers going down the slide, but had no luck finding any. He wanted to judge it to see if he would have a "Willy Wonka" moment and get stuck.

Now, I don't know how big he is, but he appears to possibly have a couple

of XX's in his collar, but John Heald went down the slide, on video along side of Gerry Cahill.

Here is the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4OHi0Mxb4c

No limit on size or age. There was a 42" height requirement for kids and it was enforced. If you are on the Dream, I would caution you about the drainpipe slide, especially if you are older and can't take a good tumble. I got lucky, but you shoot out the upper edge of the slide and are supposed to wind around and come to a stop. I came out and dropped like a stone and tumbled around the thing and ended up with my leg caught in the railing. I am in my late 50's and was lucky to walk away with just some bruises. Scared the h**ll out of me and the staff member that was monitoring the slide, she claimed I looked like a ragdoll tumbling around the drainpipe. Needless to say I just went down the twister slide after that.

Archived