San Juan - 3 questions

beej210

First: We will be staying in Old San Juan arriving late saturday night. Can anybody tell me where I might be able to buy some cheap liquor if I decided I wanted to risk the naughty room?

Second: What time can we start boarding the ship?

Third: Since the ship doesn't sail until late, can I get off the ship once I've boarded and then get back on later? If so, do I have to go through all the lines again, or is there another way on?

Thanks!

First: We will be staying in Old San Juan arriving late saturday night. Can anybody tell me where I might be able to buy some cheap liquor if I decided I wanted to risk the naughty room?

Third: Since the ship doesn't sail until late, can I get off the ship once I've boarded and then get back on later? If so, do I have to go through all the lines again, or is there another way on?

Thanks!

There should be someplace near your hotel that would sell liquor. Problem is many of these places will be closed on Sunday morning.

Boarding starts between 1100 and Noon unless there was some problem with deembarkation.

I don't think you can get off the ship once you have gotten off.

Thanks!

I have heard that the airport is a cheap place to buy liquor. Hopefully, someone will offer some other ideas.

I have read many posts from people who boarded early and got back off but haven't tried it personally.

Yes, once you have check-in to the ship, you may get off, if you want to....just make sure you're back onboard in plenty of time to sail! Check with the ship for that time limit....You have to CHECK-IN 90 mins. before the ship sails, but if you've already checked in, it might be a later time.

But, remember that boarding day counts as the 1st day of the cruise you've paid for---may as well USE that ship!

We have sailed the AOS five times out of SJ.Your first question you can buy liquer even in the wallmart.Where are you staying in OSJ?

As for getting off of the ship Yea you can.When you come back you will have to go thru security.If there is a line go to the front and show your seapass.

There is a place inside security where you can buy Liquear,they will tell you that you can take it on board.Well yes you can but security will take it from you and you get it back on the last night of the cruise.If you buy soda or water,that you can take to your room.If I remember from our cruise in January a bottle of water cost $2.50

Just returned from Adventure last week. We boarded at noon, got lunch, then went back out to tour Old San Juan. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride that cost $4 per person if I remember right. That was one way. We had to be back on board by 5:30pm. There were still people in line to get into the building for check-in. We waited in that line for maybe 5 minutes and showed our sea pass. Then we went though security scanners and past the check-in lines and were back on the ship in another 5 minutes.

Have a great cruise. But I did hear that people had their bags held overnight because of booze found in them. Had to claim them the next morning and surrender the booty.

Mike

You can buy liquor right at the port terminal, but if you want to smuggle it in your luggage, then get it in OSJ, there are tons of places as noted above. (There is a second security screening as you actually get on the ship with more xray machines.)

Boarding starts between 11:00 and 11:00am most Sundays unless there was a problem clearing the ship.

Yes, you can get off, but you need to be back on at 5:30 for muster.

Archived