Excursions in Southern Caribbean

My February cruise is stopping in Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. John's, Antigua; and St. Croix, U.S.V.I. I've never been to these ports. Anyone have experiences, suggestions for excursions, or "must do" activities?

We went to a beach and snorkeled in Barbados, but I would say the bus ride was the experience not to miss. They're like mini school buses and BLARE these crazy mix CDs of rap/pop/reggae/commentary, every one of them. They run very regularly and the Barbados island site gives some information. There are 2 main stations, both are within a mile or two of the dock, one for each side of the island, make sure you go in the right direction for your location, we went to the wrong station and they had to give us directions to the other one. I don't remeber those directions unfortunately, but it was no problem to find them and there are plenty of local bus stop signs, it's a very nice system. The driver's aide on our bus was very helpful and let us know when our stop was coming up. Have fun!

Since you're not familiar with these ports, you should get a guidebook, and find out what's what in each port, how to get there, what it will cost, safety issues, food, drink, restrooms.....all that jazz!

If you do a tad of research, you can save a bundle, and have an exceptional time! And, you'll know if you really need to spend money on "excursions" or not!!!

in barbados.....hands down the silvermoon catamaran.

they are a 1st rate class act. the boat is immaculate and they book a small amount of people. you go swimming with sea turtles and snorkeling over a shipwreck.

they serve unlimited drinks (alcohol and non), a delicious lunch and then banana bread for a snack. it is all day and nothing beats sailing passed a ship sponsered excursion where the people are standing like sardines because there are 45-50 people onboard and you're just hanging out like life styles of the rich and famous:D

Archived