Bokked guarantee...just got assignment...baffled

bleuseas

I booked an oceanview guarantee on the Sensation several weeks back.

I checked my reservation today and it went from TBA to an assigned cabin. All was fine until I looked a little closer and saw our newly assigned cabin, R157 has only "one dot" (one upper).

We are a family of four who need a quad and always get those "two dot" cabins.

Any clues on this one?

I know it could still possibly change. When is it time to make a phone call?

(oops...pardon the typo in the title...can't change it now)

Thought of that briefly too. Three across, one "upstairs". We've done it before. I've also seen a trundle come out from under one of the beds.

I guess this just refers to how many uppers in the room as opposed to how many beds.

Have always had "two dots" or "3rd/4th person" rooms.

Still hoping the "upgrade fairy" makes a visit.

Booked directly through Carnival , so maybe I'll call in the morning to double-check.

Our family of four used to book (one dots) on the Fantasy class all the time because our youngest has Autism and could not sleep in an Upper.

Not to worry....the "cot" they always brought in was more like the "Upper" (only on the floor) and not a "fold in half" roll away. Now I know they do use the "fold in half" (because I have seen them)...but we were never given one...we were always given something that looked more like a bed.

Don't know Carnival's policy on booking guarantees, but on some lines, you can only do guarantee if there's 1 or 2 people in the room. This eliminates the problem you're facing, and makes it easier for the cruise line to move people around when assigning cabins.

Roz

The dot only signifies how many actual beds are in the cabin, not how many the cabin will hold. You will get a rollaway for the fourth person.

Dave

Dave- I don't doubt you, you have way more experience than I, but do you know why the cabin does not show up on the list of cabins that can accommodate a roll away?

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookcc.../sensation.htm[/url]The following staterooms can accommodate one Roll-Away Bed/Trundle Bed or Crib:

Riviera Deck

R36 R39 R40 R43 R44 R46 R47 R49 R55 R57 R59 R63 R67 R70 R71 R72 R74 R75 R79 R83 R86 R87 R90 R91 R95 R98 R102 R103 R106 R107 R110 R111 R116 R117 R121 R122 R126 R128 R129 R133 R137 R138 R146 R150 R154 R155 R156 R158 R159 R164 R166 R168 R170 R172 R174 R175 R181 R201 R205 R209 R210 R214 R218

I don't think you have anything to worry about but I would call just for your own piece of mind. That said, we had a triple on the Freedom in July and our room didn't have any designation for a triple. When we arrived, the sofa had been made into the bed. Our cabin steward said it would be like this for the rest of the week so we didn't have a sofa to use but our daughter was so happy that she didn't have to be in a Pullman. Our cabin didn't have one either. The sofa was extremely comfortable as it had extra padding etc.

Just called Carnival. It will indeed be a room with a rollaway bed.

I was just confused as I had been looking at this ship for awhile and the only quads that would come up online are the ones with the two dots (6D & higher). It never even offered me rooms with one dot unless I put in less than four people. Amazing how they'll make it work when they have to.

Carnival's website came up with OV quads as sold out the day before I actually booked too. I was ready to book an inside. When I saw they were offering OV quads as a guarantee through one of their sales, I grabbed it. I just find it interesting as we have been shut out of so many cruises in the past because we waited too long and there weren't any quads per se left.

We've had rollaways and trundles in the past, so it is no big deal to us. Just happy I got a good deal (6B for what I was going to pay for a 4A) and we're headed out to sea!

Thanks for all the help!

Dave- I don't doubt you, you have way more experience than I, but do you know why the cabin does not show up on the list of cabins that can accommodate a roll away?

Just like when you call Carnival, you never get the same answer twice. It wont be the first time for their website not to be accurate.

Dave

Archived