Captain's Club Benefits

sheffer

By the time you cruise it is likely the new Azamara programme that you will have reciprocal membershp of will be in play - at this stage there is no indications of what it might or might not include. I am a little disappointed that there is no internet benefits other than a small discount when we sail on Sunday

• 4 weeks later...
We are Elite on Celebrity. Do the new benefits (like internet minutes, laundry) also extend to Azamara. We will be on Journey May 16, 2010 in the Med. Thanks.

When we became platinum on RCL we also became elite on celebrity having sailed twice and azamara for the first time we recieved the same benefits.

When we became platinum on RCL we also became elite on celebrity having sailed twice and azamara for the first time we recieved the same benefits.

I think you'll find that Platinum on RCL equates to Select on Celebrity/Azamara, while Diamond on RCL is what you need to be Elite on Celebrity/Azamara.

From Azamara:

There is reciprocity between Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society

and Azamara's Captain's Club at the Elite tier. That means that when an

Elite Crown & Anchor member sails Azamara, they are eligible to join the

Captain's Club at the Elite level for their Azamara sailing. To do that,

they can simply call our Loyalty Desk at 1-800-760-0654 and provide them

with their booking information.

Please note that the member benefits for sailing Azamara are under review

and were not included under our recent Celebrity Captain's Club relaunch.

Changes are planned for Azamara's program later in the year and in early

2010. In the meantime, Elite members are eligible for the following

benefits with Azamara:

Complimentary custom air requests

1 presailing specialty restaurant reservation. 60-4 days within sailing

date. Dining times are based on availability.

Priority embarkation (where available)

Bonus tier credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more

Bonus tier credit for booking a suite

Priority status for shore excursion waitlist

Member cocktail party

Wine seminar

Onboard discount coupons

I hope this helps.

Jancruz1

Jan, do you expect that reciprocity will continue between X and RCCL with Azamara once it launches its' new program or will it be its own entity?

I would think so, but I really dont know..there are many changes that will be happening and I am not even sure anyone at Azamara has thought about it yet..

Jancruz1

I would think so, but I really dont know..there are many changes that will be happening and I am not even sure anyone at Azamara has thought about it yet..

Jancruz1

Thank you for your response, Jan. We'll just have to see what it happening when we take out first cruise on Azamara in Dec. Really looking forward to it. :)

Thank you for your response, Jan. We'll just have to see what it happening when we take out first cruise on Azamara in Dec. Really looking forward to it. :)

I hope you enjoy as much as we do..we are going on our 5th Azamara, January 3, Journey

Jancruz1

Is there a complimentary cocktail 2-hour on Azamara for elite members like there is in Michaels Club on X -any one know please?

Hi Albert !

I do not believe Azamara is currently offering this benefit. Hopefully, someone who has sailed recently can answer this question.

No there were none of the new benefits offered at the end of August. We only got a $10 laundry voucher each plus 30 mins extra Internet time free provided we bought a package. The cc benefits were the only weaknesses on an otherwise perfect trip

• 1 month later...

On our 10/25/09 sailing on Journey to the Holy Land there were two Cruise Critic and two (maybe three) Captain's Club functions. The first Cruise Critic get-together just after sailaway, with wine and hors d'oeuvres, was an opportunity to meet our CC colleagues and some of the senior staff. The second on our last sea day, was a "How are we doing?" session (am coffee/tea and pastries) with the CD John Howell, Hotel Director Heike Cramer, F&B Manager Ryzard, and Housekeeping Mgr Katrina, as I recall. Plenty of opportunity to air our pros and cons, inquire about upcoming mods, etc. We heard about some of the potential enhancements.

The first Captain's Club session was a wine/champagne and hors d'oeuvres in Prime C, one mid-to-late morning on our first sea day. I believe we had another one later on just before dinner, but I did not attend the last cocktail party. Again, there were a few hints of what's coming next year. The bennies were the usual ($10 off laundry - twice, 30 extra minutes on internet packages, certain deck tours - depending on status).

My sense was that they are sincerely interested in our feedback and desires, and were quite excited about creating some "buzz" at these events.

I would be looking for a move from the previous "deluxe" as in a cut above "premium" to a niche between deluxe and luxury. I can't offer specifically wht that would mean, but I would look for some "name"/"theme" cruising/excursions/enrichment, maybe some more inclusive aspects of service offerings, and some additional overnighting. One thing stated was that there is consideration to dropping Port Said and allowing for an overnight in Alex (it's a real challenge to do a meaningful down and back for Cairo from Port Said), and possibly a third sea day on this particular itinerary, but this has implications for how many Greek Isles one would see. Alas (for some), we also heard that the pax laundry may be converted to a cabin (on each ship), as in "If we want more or new ships, we need to generate more revenue".

We really appreciated the opportunity to spend some "quality time" with the senior staff and had a great cruise. So stay tuned.

Cabo

Archived