Any scoop on The Dreams "COVE" Balcony?

holdon216

Looking at The Dream for next July. There are Cove balconys. They are on deck #2. They are slightly cheaper then other balcony's. Anyone have info on them?? I did see a picture of them on the web site but not sure if being that close to the water line is a good idea???

I'm not really concerned about distance to the water line, but they are underneath the lobby deck. I'd be more concerned about noise. I prefer cabins that are sandwiched between other decks of cabins myself.

Boy, those pictures are awesome! I love it!!

Heald states:

Remember these cabins are on deck 2 and give you the most amazing feeling of being close to the ocean more than ever. I wonder how long it will be before we have to reprimand a guest for fishing and hauling in a grouper or two.

:D I love to fish!

I have a cove balcony booked in May. I have stayed under the galley before and had no problem with noise, so I selected one under the galley again this time. I found it to be surprisingly quiet. I can't wait to be able to look out onto the water and maybe feel the spray. I sure hope some of the first cruisers on the ship will post and let us know of there experiences.

Here are those pics look great were booked in one for april hope we like them

Talking of your Carnival Dream let’s start looking at some of the staterooms. Now remember ……….the cabins are not furnished yet but thanks to Boris we can take a peek inside starting with the now very famous cove balcony cabins.

cove-balcony-1.jpg?w=593&h=444

cove-balcony-2.jpg?w=592&h=786

cove-balcony-3.jpg?w=594&h=790

cove-balcony-4.jpg?w=592&h=443

cove-balcony-5.jpg?w=590&h=784

cove-balcony-6.jpg?w=590&h=441

Remember these cabins are on deck 2 and give you the most amazing feeling of being close to the ocean more than ever. I wonder how long it will be before we have to reprimand a guest for fishing and hauling in a grouper or two.

is there a reason Carnival favors the the open and close balcony doors as opposed to sliding doors? I just got off the Pride and I constantly listened to balcony doors slamming. If they favored sliding, I guess they would have put them on the Dream.

The hallway doors slamming were what drove me crazy. I always felt sliding doors would be less secure than a hinged door, though. However, you could spread out the table & chairs a bit more with a sliding door, as you wouldn't have to worry about it hitting anything sitting on the balcony.

The new pictures of the cove balcony cabins are excellent. The balconies are not as deep nor as wide as the in-hull verandas on Queen Mary 2, but they do look quite adequate in size for a couple of chairs and a small table. I still predict that salt spray will be an issue when the ship is underway.

Archived