All these people who will "NEVER use Carnival Again"

parrotthead

What do you attribute all of the unhappiness to? I would think it's a sign of problems for the cruisline if that many issues came up. May be I'm wrong, is there is just a Full Moon or something?

It is the end of the busy summer season where many people have to squeeze in their vacation time, so expectations are high. You have a lot of first timers who may have the wrong impression on certain things. There are also the 4-5 timers who say things have gone downhill since the old days (i.e.5 or 6 years). Then add in the people who have sailed multiple times on cruiseline X then try carnival and say never again because Y was different as opposed to my normal cruiseline.

Having been cruising since 1981, on Carnival, RCCL, Disney, HAL, and Princess, I take all of these complaints with a grain of salt. Sure I have had issues with certain aspects of certain cruises (none limited to just one of the cruise lines mentioned). But I would sail on any of the above cruise lines again.

This really bugs me.

Now Carn-evil is going to make me drink more Bloody Marys in the morning...

Then more buckets of beer in the afternoon because the servers and bartenders on deck will be bored......

Then predinner I'll be forced to have three Vodka Gibsons instead of one because the martini bar will be empty.....grrrr

Then at dinner they will hold me down and force feed me extra wine and after I will have to drink more beers in the piano bar and disco.....

These people not doing Carn-evil ever again are costing me a fortune to make up the revenue Carn-evil is losing.......LMAO.....:p:p:p

When did they start serving alcohol? Must be another one of those Carnival secrets they don't like to share. :D

As a serious student of SUPPLY & DEMAND, I've always thought it was a good thing for someone to do their "Swan Song" thread, vowing to never ever cruise Carnival again. The more they could convince others to go with them the better. :D

Smaller DEMAND . . . larger the SUPPLY of available cabins. The more likely a cabin will go unsold, the more likely the PRICE WILL DROP.:)

But, NO ! ! Some idiots keep begging these clowns to "give Carnival another try", etc. Pisses me off ! ! :rolleyes:

LOL...BTW, you have officially been booted from the Carnival "Cheerleader" Team. :(

It is the end of the busy summer season where many people have to squeeze in their vacation time, so expectations are high. You have a lot of first timers who may have the wrong impression on certain things. There are also the 4-5 timers who say things have gone downhill since the old days (i.e.5 or 6 years). Then add in the people who have sailed multiple times on cruiseline X then try carnival and say never again because Y was different as opposed to my normal cruiseline.

Having been cruising since 1981, on Carnival, RCCL, Disney, HAL, and Princess, I take all of these complaints with a grain of salt. Sure I have had issues with certain aspects of certain cruises (none limited to just one of the cruise lines mentioned). But I would sail on any of the above cruise lines again.

Exactly, I cruise as many lines as I can. Why would I want them all to be the same? One line does X the other line does Y. If I had to have Y [and I don't] why did I pay to go on the line that doesn't do it. How smart is that?

It is the stupid complaints that bug me. Where clearly people did not read or understand what THEY were CONTRACTING for. They are a complete and total waste of time, yet we foolishly get sucked into them. Some of the complainers are trolls, no doubt, but most are just fools. Actual bonifide, no contest, real complaints are as rare as chicken lips.

Chicken lips? Pucker up! I know that I must have missed the original complaint. How can any cruise be bad unless the ship sinks and you're locked in the head? Hummm??? Unless you think you paid too much for all the food you can eat, the best beds to sleep on, the pools, the bars, the well, try doing it on land...you'll have a heck of a shock!

Leaves more room on the ship for ME!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :cool:

I am one of those people who will never sail carnival again, I was so unhappy on my first carnival cruise on the Paradise in May. Just listen to had bad it was.

they made me get off the ship after 4 days.

we skipped Mexico because of the swine flu, and they still had the gall to charge me $99.00 PP for a OV cabin.

the service in the MDR was very bad, we had open seating and on most nights I took them about 45 seconds to get us a table.

Our cabin was at the front of the ship and one day it was rocking because of waves on the ocean. I complained but they refused to stop the waves and the cabin continued to rock.

I looked all over the ship and I did not see one woman sunbathing topless, this alone was enough to ruin my cruise.

On lobster night they did not bring me a third lobster tail. ( I did not ask for a third but they should have known)

They had to stop the ship out side of San Diego so a rescue boat could remove a passenger who needed emergency surgery. How rude they did not even ask me if it was alright to do this.

Like I said this was my last carnival cruise, I really don't know what to do because I do have another Carnival cruise booked on the legend this November. I can't cancel it because I booked on ES, and I already have the week off work. I guess I will just have to go anyway, but I know that the service will be bad and I will not have a good time.

I am one of those people who will never sail carnival again, I was so unhappy on my first carnival cruise on the Paradise in May. Just listen to had bad it was.

we skipped Mexico because of the swine flu, and they still had the gall to charge me $99.00 PP for a OV cabin.

the service in the MDR was very bad, we had open seating and on most nights I took them about 45 seconds to get us a table.

Our cabin was at the front of the ship and one day it was rocking because of waves on the ocean. I complained but they refused to stop the waves and the cabin continued to rock.

I looked all over the ship and I did not see one woman sunbathing topless, this alone was enough to ruin my cruise.

On lobster night they did not bring me a third lobster tail. ( I did not ask for a third but they should have known)

They had to stop the ship out side of San Diego so a rescue boat could remove a passenger who needed emergency surgery. How rude they did not even ask me if it was alright to do this.

Like I said this was my last carnival cruise, I really don't know what to do because I do have another Carnival cruise booked on the legend this November. I can't cancel it because I booked on ES, and I already have the week off work. I guess I will just have to go anyway, but I know that the service will be bad and I will not have a good time.

TahoeBob I am still laughing at this one...I use the same kind of sarcasm on my grandkids when they tell me "it's not fair". Thanks for the laugh!!!:D

Tootsie

I agree......I have had it with Carn-evil. I am not sure what to do with the two more I have booked.......:confused: They'll probably make me go to supper club and eat too much. Drink to much. Book shore excursions and spend all that extra money to do this. Did I mention they force me to pay for drinks....The nerve of them. And the thing that really ticks me off is they expect me to tip for great service...I just have had it.....

Guess I'll just go and have a good time as usual on the new "Dream's" first cruise out of Port Canaveral and then force myself to go on the "Victory" in the spring out of San Juan.....Hope they straighten out all these silly problems......:D

I agree......I have had it with Carn-evil. I am not sure what to do with the two more I have booked.......:confused: They'll probably make me go to supper club and eat too much. Drink to much. Book shore excursions and spend all that extra money to do this. Did I mention they force me to pay for drinks....The nerve of them. And the thing that really ticks me off is they expect me to tip for great service...I just have had it.....

Guess I'll just go and have a good time as usual on the new "Dream's" first cruise out of Port Canaveral and then force myself to go on the "Victory" in the spring out of San Juan.....Hope they straighten out all these silly problems......:D

On top of all this---they had the nerve to make up my cabin---twice daily! Never again----after I get back from my 9/13 sailing on the Legend--never again!

poor Bob! How did you make it thru such a horrific week???!!

They OWE you a FreeCruise! Sue them!

See? there they go again Nickeling and Diming us to Death!

Yeah, My LAST CRUISE (was fun)

I will Never sail again either --- (oh yeah, except for This coming Monday on the Ecstasy then in Oct then in March and NOT UNTIL August on the Spirit..and if I can talk FedExLady into any more inbetween those, I will not sail until then either!!)

And Thats Final!

Leaves more room on the ship for ME!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :cool:

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO parrotthead: It also leaves more room for me to stretch out when I go to the theatre, more room for me at the craps table, more room for me in the hot tubs, and more food to eat at the resturants. Only one Carnival cruise I didn't enjoy as much as the others I've taken, however, it is still better than the NCL cruise and RCCL cruise I've been on.

Here's why I'll NEVER cruise Carnival again.

After extensive research on the topic of the clothing optional deck (whale tail deck), I went up there myself to have a look see. Well, I never. There was actually a 30 something blonde up there sans top.

When I went back up there later for more reconnaissance so I could report this outlandish display to security, I found a 70 something, wrinkled, gray haired little old lady up there.

That image has been seared into my retinas so severely that I now must wear reading glasses and even sun glasses while outside.

Carnival, how could you? I'll never cruise you again...'til this February anyway.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I put a card out for breakfast room service at 7:00 AM. They had the nerve to show up on time, knocking on my door at such an early hour with delicious bagels and lox. I will never sail Carnival again!!!!!

Archived