I Love, love, love Carnival and will cruise them forever

G'ma

that kind of reminds me of something that happened on the Miracle. We kept trying to throw something in the trash and the steward kept putting it back on the counter. I think they thought it was not suppose to be trashed..

Turned out she was just sick. She also wasnt changing out towels and I was going to her cart and getting t.p. and klenex when we ran out or a wash cloth. Worked for me and no I wasnt upset. I felt bad for the little girl who couldnt work when she felt like throwing up.

Im just saying nothing is always perfect. I guess Im a realistic. (not a Carnival hater).

How about giving us the name of those 5 star Formal dress places in Hawaii that you stated in a posting a few weeks back?:confused:

I'm sorry, but I don't have a CLUE about this reference????:o

And, it couldn't be me.....I've been gone for 6 weeks........

I must be unlucky. I sure can't say that Iv always had excellent service and my cabins have always been clean. Had trouble last time on Conquest, turned out he had us late dinner and we changed, but I talked to him 4 times before he fixed the problem and cleaned before 10:30 pm, very slow and not very bright.

Iv also had trouble with cabin stewards on every other line, so luckily its not a deal breaker. 2 times ago on RCL it was the girls 2nd week and turned out she was seasick the whole week. After 4 days of not emptying trash I asked her if she knew that was trash, in case she thought we were using the trash cans for storage ... thats when she told me she had been seasick all week.

Not a big deal ..... but saying everything on 66 cruises has always been perfect to me seems like nothing but BS.

That's 66 on CARNIVAL.

Over 250 in my lifetime.........Could report just about the same on everyone.

I regret you find it BS..... I'm sure there are many other veterans of Carnival out here who could say the same thing........

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again"' date=' I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.

On 66 cruises, I've always received every OBC, every upgrade has been a real upgrade to a better cabin.

I've never, ever received a bad meal....and I LOVE the new Flatiron steak on the menu.....medium rare, thanks.

Chocolate melting cake has never disappointed me.

On Early Saver, I've always received the lower price when the price on my cabin, in my category has gone down.

Anytime a port has been missed, it's been for a valid reason...usually weather or sea conditions.....and I've always received 20.00 (used to be 25.00) credit on my shipboard account for port fees.

I've always received excellent service from Guest Services onboard; found them friendly and helpful.

My cabin has always been spit-spot clean....and kept that way by an attentive and friendly steward.

On the phone or by email, I've always received a prompt response, answers to my questions and friendly conversation.

The dining room waitstaff has always been awsome.....and I love the table dancers.... I especially love "Mr. V, the Maitre'd" on Triumph who actually dances with them....and is a pretty good table dancer himself.

Feel free to add your own...........[/quote']

Being able to sail on 66 cruises sounds perfect to me.

Like trying to get here to answer a simple question from a statement she made.She just passed over it again.Why?Because its all made up.:rolleyes:

Steve

Sorry Steveaaaa, again, what are you talking about?????

I'd be glad to respond to whatever is causing your saddle sores.

While I really hate to agree with you, and this will be the first time I believe, you have a point. We too have always had a great experience, got OBC, great service etc. One thing we have never gotten is a free cruise. Have you?

Free?

I wish.

Seems like you are the one with the attitude not me. I said it wasnt a deal breaker, just pointing out that saying in 66 cruises nothing has ever gone wrong sounds like BS to me. If you are really that gullible, so be it. I would get a good laugh so maybe better not to sit with me.

Obviously if I have 7 cruises this year alone, I enjoy cruising ... just that I dont go around saying everything is always perfect. Sometimes you have to make lemonaide out of lemons and go with it.

Did I say "nothing ever went wrong"??????

There is no such thing as "perfect" anywhere...especially when it comes to travel. Any minor incident that might have occured was attended to quickly and efficiently whether it was on the phone, during the reservation process or on the ship/.

That's 66 on CARNIVAL.

Over 250 in my lifetime.........Could report just about the same on everyone.

I regret you find it BS..... I'm sure there are many other veterans of Carnival out here who could say the same thing........

Thats a lot of cruising! Lucky G'ma. But not always perfect, what is?

Being able to sail on 66 cruises sounds perfect to me.

Well, I'm older than dirt.....and have been cruising with Carnival since they had one itty-bitty ship, the Mardi Gras back in the 70's........was a fan then and still a fan.

I've been on many other ships and have never had a bad experience (except one notable mess - on a ship that only sailed 6 weeks before going belly up).....

Nothing is perfect and ship can happen.. The mettle of a ship or a cruise company is how quick they "fix" the problem and how it's all handled....

Did I say "nothing ever went wrong"??????

There is no such thing as "perfect" anywhere...especially when it comes to travel. Any minor incident that might have occured was attended to quickly and efficiently whether it was on the phone' date=' during the reservation process or on the ship/.[/quote']

It sounded like that to me. Im glad to find out you had fun, but at least admit things werent perfect. We like to cruise too and even like just staying in the hotel the night before. We like it all. ...

because they poped my cruising cherry! Just like everyone else you always remember the one you lost your vriginity too...

They were the 1st cruise I ever went on, even though I lived in Miami I never thought about cruising. It took one cruise and I was hooked. If my next cruise on the Valor is as good as I remember my cruise on the Imagination, then I will definitely be back.

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again"' date=' I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.[/quote']

G'ma, best post I've seen in a long time. I've only been on four cruises so far, all Carnival and all wonderful. Perfect? Of course not. But still an awesome experience. Do I like everything on the menu? No, but if not I just try to remember what it was so I don't order it again. Some room stewards and some waiters have been better than others but none terrible. Over all, it just adds up to a wonderful time and I always hate for it to end.

Thank you for starting this.

I only have seven cruises under my belt, #8 is booked, and #9 will be soon enough for summer 2010. All have been on Carnival.

I am not averse to cruise another line, but because I've enjoyed all my Carnival experiences, and the pricing, and the upgrades my PVP gets me,

I keep booking with Carnival.

I know people have issues; some have been resolved to their satisfaction, some have not. I have yet to have a single issue on Carnival, and if I have, apparently it was so minor I don't remember it! :rolleyes:

I've probably caused CCL more issues than they have me: the time I demagnetized 3 S&S cards in two days on Victory (foolishly kept it in my pocket with credit card before realizing it was ALL MY FAULT) and the time on Valor when I dropped a bottle of Halston Z-14 in the bathroom... That's pretty strong stuff.... Housekeeping was fantastic about it, and they did an amazing job of cleaning it up. They couldn't completely remove the fragrance, (OV stateroom, so no opening of balcony doors for ventilation) but they came darn close; by the end of the cruise the scent was gone.

So while I may cruise other lines in the future, Carnival will always get plenty of business from me.

My husband is in the military and we just don't have much money. It took him going to Iraq for us to afford our first cruise.

*There was a confusion about our table because we didn't have a server. People were getting food and nobody even asked if we wanted a drink. A lady stepped up and took care of us the rest of the trip. She wasn't the fastest but it also wasn't her job to serve us.

*Got towel animals less than 1/2 the nights

*Our drain didn't work and every shower turned into a flooded bathroom. (We thought it was normal! haha)

*I didn't always love what I ordered for dinner, but I was trying new things

*Room steward didn't always do a good job

*We were charged for something we didn't buy (got it removed)

There were other minor issues on our cruise. But that's just it, it's all minor. Nothing that I wrote about was a big deal. We were still so excited about our cruise that we pinched pennies so our poor selves could cruise again 9 months later. It will be our last cruise for many years, but we had so much fun and enjoyed ourselves so much that we did whatever it took to make sure we got to do it one last time (for a long time that is). We leave in a week and we are beyond excited.

Too many people have outrageous expectations. You will never be happy that way, it's just not possible! We expected to have fun, and we did. We expected to be fed, and oh we were fed! We expected to see different countries and we did. All of our expectations were met and then some, and we were able to have an amazing time.

I love carnival! They treat me like a KING! :) RCCL DID not care about me ever! DIAMOND MEMBER TOO BAD HURRY UP & WAIT! too many people on the big ships!!! Carnival has cared enough to call me offer me whatever to come back & made me feel special all the time! I LOVE CARNIVAL THE FUN SHIPS! :cool:

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again"' date=' I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.

On 66 cruises, I've always received every OBC, every upgrade has been a real upgrade to a better cabin.

I've never, ever received a bad meal....and I LOVE the new Flatiron steak on the menu.....medium rare, thanks.

On Early Saver, I've always received the lower price when the price on my cabin, in my category has gone down.

Anytime a port has been missed, it's been for a valid reason...usually weather or sea conditions.....and I've always received 20.00 (used to be 25.00) credit on my shipboard account for port fees.

I've always received excellent service from Guest Services onboard; found them friendly and helpful.

My cabin has always been spit-spot clean....and kept that way by an attentive and friendly steward.

On the phone or by email, I've always received a prompt response, answers to my questions and friendly conversation.

The dining room waitstaff has always been awsome.....and I love the table dancers.... I especially love "Mr. V, the Maitre'd" on Triumph who actually dances with them....and is a pretty good table dancer himself.

Nice post, but you do realize you just jinxed yourself on your next cruise. :) haha. You better knock on some wood or something. :)

I love the Carnival Cheerleaders 'cause they are so...um objective, yeah thats the word. Rah, rah, rah, GO CARNIVAL!!! ;)

This has been a paid endorsement just as the highlighted post was.

How about giving us the name of those 5 star Formal dress places in Hawaii that you stated in a posting a few weeks back?:confused:

I don't know of the thread to which you refer but I can give you two

The Formal Dining Room in Lanai City, Hi, requires a coat and tie for dinner

La Mer located in Halekulani Hotel states a long sleeved collared shirt or jacket are required.

From both websites they look pretty upscale and formal for me.

I agree -

We have done 5 CCL and last year we tried RCCL. We are heading back to Carnival.

We are a Military family and CCL is the only cruise line that shows respect for my husband's service and 6 deployments since 9/11. For that we feel that we will return the respect and be loyal to CCL.

There has been ships and staff that we feel we had better service, but in general everyone has always been happy to comply w/ our needs or wishes.

Which cruise line, which ship, what destination......all personal preference.

Archived