RCI website - trying to 'modify room'

dpomes

I booked our cruise online through RCI's website. When I click on the option to 'modify' the room, I get this white 'screen of death'. This option used to work fine. I have tried from work and home, and using different web browsers - still the same outcome.

I called the useless website help number and was basically told to not use the online reservation system because it was 'too complicated'. :confused: I said, no it's not that complicated, and I'm not stupid. If I can modify passengers, transportation, etc, I should be able to change my room! He had no answers.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I also sent an email to RCI, but the last thing they said was that they were looking into it. That was months ago. :rolleyes:

I booked our cruise online through RCI's website. When I click on the option to 'modify' the room, I get this white 'screen of death'. This option used to work fine. I have tried from work and home, and using different web browsers - still the same outcome.

I called the useless website help number and was basically told to not use the online reservation system because it was 'too complicated'. :confused: I said, no it's not that complicated, and I'm not stupid. If I can modify passengers, transportation, etc, I should be able to change my room! He had no answers.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I also sent an email to RCI, but the last thing they said was that they were looking into it. That was months ago. :rolleyes:

Yes, I've had the same problem since the spring... I used to be able to switch cabins online, now I have to call to change anything... I get the same error if I try to add a passenger to our cabin as well.

Same with me in regards to the white screen.

At one point, I was logged in under "My Cruises" and I did a search for the same cruise that I was booked on to check for a price drop. The website gave me an option THEN to change cabins. But now I think I must have been seeing things, because I can't get it to do that again for the life of me.

One more option :D Clear out your cookies and temporary files and history.

###

Thanks for the advice. I did try that and also clearing my cache but no luck.:rolleyes:

Why not just call them and do it on the phone?

Mainly because it was just easier to check online than sitting on the phone. It used to work, and now it doesn't.

I'm wondering how recently anyone has done this... I know they used to offer you the option to change cabins online, but then they were having problems with people inadvertantly making changes that affected their fares and I *thought* they disabled that ability... that was at least a year ago... maybe more...

I'm wondering how recently anyone has done this... I know they used to offer you the option to change cabins online, but then they were having problems with people inadvertantly making changes that affected their fares and I *thought* they disabled that ability... that was at least a year ago... maybe more...

I emailed rci about this issue, and they responded twice saying they were looking into it. That was probably a month ago. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this problem, and I see now I'm not the only one. Hopefully it gets resolved eventually. :rolleyes:

Give it a try this morning!!! I just got in and could add a person... well sort of! It let me add, but the price of the cabin had changed, so I cancelled the change. But I didn't get the nasty white screen today!

Archived