? for the Dam experts

AllenF

Sorry -- they can not check in with you.

But after you all have checked into your respective lines, then you can meet and board together -- using their number. In other words -- you will be given a priority embarkation suite card. They will be given a number. You can wait with them and you all can board together when their number is called.

Actually, if you arrive at the pier at the same time - Yes you may check in together in the suite line. It is not at all uncommon for families and groups of friends to travel together with one suite plus a/some lesser accomodations and wish to check in and get photographed together.

People in the "S" suites pay extra for all those amenities and if each couple boarding brought along their family and friends, the 'priority boarding' becomes a lot less so. IMO

By all means, feel free to get in your friends' line if they are not booked in a "S" or "PS" cabin. :) No reason an "S" class guest cannot get in another line.

I have actually seen check in people ask those who are not in the correct line to please go to one of the other lines. I also have seen HAL reps ask to see peoples docs as they enter the terminal and direct them to which line they belong. They don't permit them to get in the wrong line.

What's the point of my paying for perks if other people on my cruise who didn't pay for them get them as well? I agree with Sail. Unfortunately, due to entitlement mentality, this is a never-ending situation for all cruise lines. You should read what the NCL villa people versus non-villa people say (or scream) about this.

As the price differential gets bigger and bigger between what suite guests and some other categories pay, there are going to be these issues. While many folks are getting wonderful bargains on their fares, those who purchase Suites have not seen drop in prices (for the most part - of course, a few exceptions.)

We make the choice to pay those prices based on what we feel we are getting for the money. If those who are not paying for it, diminish our benefit, we are going to speak up, of course,

Many times -- especially in Ft Lauderdale -- they ask to see your documents to check for cabin category and direct you to the correct check-in line.

And we have also seen people who were traveling together but one couple was in a Delux Suite and the other coupe was not and they were told that they could not check in at the Delux suite line by a HAL rep.

And we have also seen people who were traveling together but one couple was in a Delux Suite and the other coupe was not and they were told that they could not check in at the Delux suite line by a HAL rep.

On my last Alaska Cruise, I asked if my friends who were traveling w/ us on their first cruise in an adjacent stateroom could check in w/ us in the Suite line - There was no issue.

Last Summer in Europe I informed the agent that my parents (again, in a adjacent stateroom) were traveling w/ me - Again, not an issue.

Then again, I never get to the pier before Noon...

Your mileage may vary.

On my last Alaska Cruise, I asked if my friends who were traveling w/ us on their first cruise in an adjacent stateroom could check in w/ us in the Suite line - There was no issue.

Last Summer in Europe I informed the agent that my parents (again, in a adjacent stateroom) were traveling w/ me - Again, not an issue.

Your mileage may vary.

I was just agreeing with sail7seas - so why not quote both of us??

so why not quote both of us??

Because I was in bed using my iPhone to do this while recovering from a couple days in Hospital - and you were the last to post, Thank You Very Much.

Sorry you found it so very, very offensive.

Your mileage may vary.

And who knows, Brian.....it could be because you're such a nice, personable guy... the agents realized that....so let you all check in together! My mother always told me, "you can get more bees with honey than vinegar!" Perhaps someone with an "attitude" wouldn't get to Square One.

Sorry....I didn't realize you were in the hospital. :( Hope everything's OK.

Because I was in bed using my iPhone to do this while recovering from a couple days in Hospital - and you were the last to post, Thank You Very Much.

Sure hope you are ok and can get home soon bepsf!!!

your answer is perfect...someone needs a cruise! get well soon!;)

Archived