Lattitude members...anyone heard of this?

veggie59

We got our cards back in 2006, so perhaps they aren't sending them out anymore? Anybody get one since 2006? But like someone said in an earlier post, the information is on your Sea Pass (room key), anyway!

Our first NCL cruise was Aug 2008 (Jewel) - we got sent Latitude cards after that. On the Jade in May 2009 we got Latitude ship pins as well as 10% off in the Duty-free. (We do not indulge in the over-priced gift shop stuff).

Okay....hubby and I were out Friday night having a few cocktails. Someone we knew came over and we were telling them about our upcoming cruise on the Spirit. They said that they had been to Bermuda on the Majesty many times...as well as a few other NCL cruise. We asked if they had any do's or dont's and they told us a few things. The main thing they told us not to forget to do is....to find out which bar has the designated 15% lattitudes discount. They told us that evey NCL ship has one bar that is designated for lattitude members and that there is a 15% discount. I told them that I had never heard of that perk. Has anyone else?

TIA

This has been answered already. The Majesty has the Rendevous Lounge/bar and this was the place that Lattitudes members did get discounts on their drinks. We have been on the Majesty twice and it was offered in 2004 and 2005. My parents have been on the Majesty about 15 times.

We were on the Spirit the week of 8-7. My Dad asked about this since he remembered it from his Majesty cruises. The deal is no longer around. My Dad would have known if there was a designated Lattitudes discount bar.

We had a 21 B2B cruise on the Jade in Jan/Feb 09. I believe there was a designated day on each cruise when the 10% was offered to Latitude members in the gift shop. However, I saved all the Dailies from that cruise and cannot find it mentioned in them, so there must have been a separate paper delivered to Latitude members that I did not keep. We had no room for much extra stuff in our luggage (26 day trip!) so did not take advantage of the sale, only some small souvenirs at port stops.

We did have the 10% discount on the Spirit in the Gift shop. I forgot to mention that earlier.

The Spirit offered a discount on select shore excursions as well. We had booked on-line and went to the Shore Excursion desk for something related to our excursion and when they noticed we were Lattitudes, they took the initiative to tell us about the discount and applied it to our on-board account. That is good customer service!

This has been answered already. The Majesty has the Rendevous Lounge/bar and this was the place that Lattitudes members did get discounts on their drinks. We have been on the Majesty twice and it was offered in 2004 and 2005. My parents have been on the Majesty about 15 times.

We were on the Spirit the week of 8-7. My Dad asked about this since he remembered it from his Majesty cruises. The deal is no longer around. My Dad would have known if there was a designated Lattitudes discount bar.

I see that Jim......but you quoted my original post. It has been answered since that post. :)

Thank you everyone that has answered. Too bad we wont be getting the discount at a designated bar. :(

I see that Jim......but you quoted my original post. It has been answered since that post. :)

Thank you everyone that has answered. Too bad we wont be getting the discount at a designated bar. :(

I am sure that you will still have a great time:D!

But it is across from the Atrium with Latin bands playing and cheap drinks.

The last time I saw it was in the welcome aboard latitudes letter with the ship pins attached a few years ago. They would list your perks and the 15% at a certain bar/lounge was one of them.

coka

Every ship seems to run as a separate business. Wifey and I find that some offer happyhour deals, early bird deals and some don't, go figure!

CNBC had a show which addressed the issue of making money at sea, and I recall a discussion on how closely they track their sales during the cruise, and how they run specials depending on how it is going in order to achieve their goals for that particular cruise.

I think the show is being rerun on September 8th at 9 pm, and again at 1 am. It can also be seen on the web by going to:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29139914

Archived