OBC....Can it be used for anything onboard?

wesail4fun

Can OBC of $200.00 given to us by carnival with our booking be used for anything onboard?

Such as tips, spa, soda card, liquor, excursions, gift shops, duty free etc...

Yep, anything, enjoy. BTW, $200.00 does not go very far today :eek:

Just wondering....read another blog awhile back that said you couldn't use OBC towards your $140.00 tips???? And something else just can't remember what it was.

It might say that it cant be used to gamble or for tips, but in actuality it can. ... any OBC Iv had, no matter what the source, tips always came out of it.... always, never a problem despite what Carnival states.

Just wondering....read another blog awhile back that said you couldn't use OBC towards your $140.00 tips????

Funship dollar certificates have restrictions, in that you can't use the actual certificate for certain things (tips, etc). You can, however, apply the certificate toward your Sail & Sign account as OBC. Then, you can use it for whatever you want.

We had a 75$ obc our last cruise, and thanks to paying our tips in advance, we were able to get our soda cards for that.

This time, i have a gift awaiting me, and I am still debating on what to use it for. I am thinking the drink coupons. I don't drink that many in the week anyway, and 5 free drinks would be great.

Also, if you have the funship dollars can't you apply them at the Purser's desk instead of mailing them?

At the discretion of the main purser.

I believe the directions say that you MUST mail in.

I have heard of most pursers accepting them, but have heard stories of people being refused.

At the discretion of the main purser.

I believe the directions say that you MUST mail in.

I have heard of most pursers accepting them, but have heard stories of people being refused.

I have NEVER heard of anyone being refused. I always have funship dollars. You must mail them in if you are using them to pay for your cruise but if you are using them for OBC you can get them applied at the purser's desk. Last cruise I had $700 in funship dollars and no one lifted an eyebrow.

Ours will probably be taken up by the fuel supplement- Oil just hit $71, 5 days before the cruise-- figures, right?:eek:

huh??? #1 I doubt fuel would go on your S&S account #2, oil has been over $73 last June and Carnival said they werent going to implement a fuel surcharge at this time. .... not sure what your point is to do with this thread? Carnival isnt going to implement it that last minute, they will need some lead time and collect it before you go.

Archived