How is the "Enterprise Car Rental" at San Pedro Port?

fuc847

We have booked with Enterprise - picking up the car at Burbank Airport on Friday and dropping off at San Pedro on Sunday. $25 dropoff fee. I have no beef with that. Thanks for the info on the shuttle situation - that's exactly what I was looking for here. We'll plan on that and have some tip money ready.

I just called the enterprise number... (I'll need to look back on the actual number I called- ).... and I didn't ask for the fee to be waived. I basically told them I see a 3 day car rental from LAX for [the current price when I checked] and I want to drop off at San Pedro. I kept checking the site as it got closer and actually was able to upgrade car from economy to mid-size and for LESS. I then just requested an email confirmation with all the info in case they wanted to charge me.

When we turned in the car, no one charged us... and they guided us to the driveway for the FREE transfer, no questions asked.

We were prepared in case they'd charge for different drop off since the sites all stated it but I had my EMAIL confirmation to possible argue it.

And was also prepared to pay for a cab to terminal.. but they guided us to the transfer bus area. Again, no extra charge!!! AND I had my email confirmation.

Do not ask if there is a charge. Tell them you'd like to pick up at LAX and drop off at San Pedro. Tell them the price you saw it for (do a www.kayak.com search maybe for car rentals maybe and see what Enterprise is charging through their site). If you do no like the Enterprise person's answer, call back the next day- get another 'sales person'. You can cancel up to 24 hours prior, too, so be vigilant about checking prices!

ALSO>>> I did the same with my airfare and even though I did not get $$ refunded, I now have $45.00 worth of credit for the NEXT time I use my favoritr airline choice, Jet Blue. Most other airlines tell you "Awww. Sorry!"

Oh yeah.. My trip was Sept 30, 2009 through Oct. 10, 2009- We JUST went!!!

PLEASE post if you had luck. I am very curious!!

I actually found out the name of the Customer Service Manager at LAX - Vyetta - and she said that they waive the drop-off fee Randomly - when they have too many cars at their location. So it seems like just luck and timing.

-Mike :)

• 2 months later...

Archived