Eating all meals in dining room?

JackieH

Does anybody eat all their meals in the dining room? We have been on 3 cruises, and another coming up in Aug 2010 :)

I actually prefer to eat the meals in the dining room. Now on the first two cruises, we did a lot of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Then, one day we did breakfast and I loved it, and then lunch..loved it as well.

Last yr when we were on RCCL..we did all meals in dining room, except the welcome aboard buffet and one breakfast. The buffet areas always seem too crowded. The dining room experience is nice, leisurely and doesnt feel rushed or crowded. Many times when we ate at the buffet on Carnival as well as RCCL..sometimes we walked in circles trying to find a table for our party of 7.

Anybody else enjoy the dining room experience for all meals?

Does anybody eat all their meals in the dining room? We have been on 3 cruises, and another coming up in Aug 2010 :)

I actually prefer to eat the meals in the dining room. Now on the first two cruises, we did a lot of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Then, one day we did breakfast and I loved it, and then lunch..loved it as well.

Last yr when we were on RCCL..we did all meals in dining room, except the welcome aboard buffet and one breakfast. The buffet areas always seem too crowded. The dining room experience is nice, leisurely and doesnt feel rushed or crowded. Many times when we ate at the buffet on Carnival as well as RCCL..sometimes we walked in circles trying to find a table for our party of 7.

We also enjoy eating our meals in the dining room :D

We eat the buffet on embarkation day, since that's the only option. Other than that, it's dining room for breakfast (if we have an early excursion we may get room service), and lunch during sea days. We don't like the wandering with a full tray looking for a table routine either. I'm on vacation, let someone else wait on me!

We ate in the dining room one night on the last cruise which was 5 days. I dont like the idea of getting dressed up to go sit down and wait to be served. If it was casual, we would likely go more often. The buffet is better for us. We get more choices and go when were ready.

We always have dinner in the dining room except when we go to the supper club. We have breakfast in the dining room occasionally and have done lunch that way once.

I don't like to take time away from being outdoors so breakfast and lunch don't work that well for me. I wouldn't miss dinner though.:)

I've been on 4 cruises and love eating meals in the dining room. I love the idea of being waited on, not waiting in line, and not having to carry my food or looking for a table. And getting to sit at different tables and meeting different people is fun too.

Jane

we eat breakfast and dinner in the MDR. what was nice this time my kids 21 and 22 also joined us and they also perfered the dinning room to the chow line.

lunch ... never been went.. we always in swim suits so its the dli /pizza or fish and chips ( realy like the calamari and boulibase ( sp ) )

love to eat in the dining room for breakfast but usually dont eat lunch there and always eat dinner there. enjoy sitting down and having food brought to me rather than going thru line getting it and hunting a table.

i know we should try main dining for our breakfast and lunch s..but, we just stick to the buffet..

next time out i ll make a point of visiting main dining atleast to give it

a try..

dinners are usually at main dining..cept those wear you out excursion s..then we ll just eat when were ready in the buffet..

supper club is a good option..but, we ve found the food so good in main dining than we just as well eat there..:)

I love eating as many meals as possible in the dining room. I feel like the buffet is just too crowded but it does serve it's purpose when we are in a hurry or just want a little something while laying out by the pool. I wish Carnival's dining rooms were open on embarktion day. We have had lunch twice on embarktion day with Princess and it's a nice relaxed way to start your vacation.

I so love these boards, I have been on only one cruise and we loved the D/Room for dinner, I did not know you could eat all meals there! WOW at the things I am learning from these boards.

I set sail in 40 days on the Conquest and I shall try breakfast and lunch for a change. Thanks

We love supper in the dining room. We try to get there at least once for breakfast and lunch as well, but find that we need to hit the buffet otherwise to manage all our plans and excursions. I do prefer the food in the dining room and especially the fact that it has come straight from the kitchen to my table without alot of people walking by it or handling it, or maybe even sneezing or coughing on it!!

We eat most of our breakfasts and dinners in the main dining room. The good thing about the breakfasts is you meet a lot more people and if your on a cruise by yourselves is good to recognize some familiar faces.:)

Love breakfast in the dining room when we can make it - only problem is I am a bit 'quiet' and not that 'chatty' in the morning - and find it a bit challenging to be friendly and talkative (I know I know hard to believe but it's true! :D:D)

On port days I tend to order room service breakfast as I am getting ready to go! Otherwise it's the buffet - not my preferred choice but works. I find people tend to eat more at a buffet and are generally more wasteful. By ordering in MDR or room service it is easier to control portions.

Also have lunch once or twice if possible in MDR - i agree it's nice to be served - and to take a break from the hot sun. Dinners always in the MDR - except for our one night at the supper club!

We always eat breakfast and lunch in the DR and on days it's open for lunch we usually eat lunch in it, too. I just prefer to be able to sit down at a nice table, be served, and have better, hot food. I don't like buffets anyway because of all the people who come in contact with them. I'm a germaphobe.

We eat the buffet on embarkation day, since that's the only option. Other than that, it's dining room for breakfast (if we have an early excursion we may get room service), and lunch during sea days. We don't like the wandering with a full tray looking for a table routine either. I'm on vacation, let someone else wait on me!

Wait, so the dining room is not open for dinner on embarkation day?

I don't eat breakfast since I am too busy sleeping. If I'm up for an early excursion I eat at the buffet. Same for lunch.

Dinner is the only meal I eat in the dining room. Waste too much time doing sit down lunches. Grab a nice indigestion inducing chili dog and I'm good to go.

Bill

Due to the easy spread of germs at the buffet, we try to eat all our meals in the dining room. However, I have recently found the omelet station at the buffet and LOVE those made-to-order omelets for breakfast! I still prefer the dining room for lunch, and we always go to the dining room for dinner. One of my very favorite meals is served at lunch in the dining room.....either chicken or veal parmigiana. :) (usually only once per cruise)

Archived