Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We have a trip scheduled for June 2011, and are going to use VIP Shuttle to get from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale, and then back from Port Everglades to MIA. We have 20 passengers. While we haven't used them yet, I can tell you that they have been very responsive to my inquiries. I also checked references with the concierge at the Hyatt Miami, and one other hotel...and they said the company is very reliable. You can find them at vipshuttleservices dot com.

Sorry there were glitches. I got a reply very quickly from them, and then I sent a reply email with many questions. They were very responsive, and I also spoke with them several times via telephone. It's pretty late in FL now, but I'd say try again later or tomorrow. Good luck!

We are still struggling for our pre-cruise plan though time is tight. Family of 5, 2 adults, 3 children(15y,11y,5y) will have our first time cruise this Dec. Will arrive at FLL around noon time, and have 48 hours before cruise boarding time. Shopping is not our flavor with kids, wondering what are the must-do-see in Fort Lauderdale. Most Hotels suggested on this site, such as Hyatt Place, pier 66 etc. doesn't allow 5 persons in one room. Any suggestions about hotels and places we should go for a visit? Many many thanks.

C.MOOD

We are still struggling for our pre-cruise plan though time is tight. Family of 5, 2 adults, 3 children(15y,11y,5y) will have our first time cruise this Dec. Will arrive at FLL around noon time, and have 48 hours before cruise boarding time. Shopping is not our flavor with kids, wondering what are the must-do-see in Fort Lauderdale. Most Hotels suggested on this site, such as Hyatt Place, pier 66 etc. doesn't allow 5 persons in one room. Any suggestions about hotels and places we should go for a visit? Many many thanks.

C.MOOD

I'm not sure about the hotel but Boomers is lots of fun for kids. It is within a mile of the hotels on Stirling Road near I-95. Maybe a suite hotel in that area would work for you, like Homewood.

Thanks for trying to remember! I totally understand how everything gets fuzzy over time.:rolleyes: Larry's Limos has been reccomended on CC, and I've also gotten a quote from Quality Limos. Both about the same price you mentioned.

Anybody else with advice on Limo companies?

When we would have to fly to cruise (lived in Seattle) we always used Larry's Limo - they have never let us down and the price is reasonable. We have used them for large groups and just for the two of us; never disappointed

When we would have to fly to cruise (lived in Seattle) we always used Larry's Limo - they have never let us down and the price is reasonable. We have used them for large groups and just for the two of us; never disappointed

Thanks for the reccomendation! Lucky you to live in Florida now!:)

Thanks for the reccomendation! Lucky you to live in Florida now!:)

We have been here for almost three years and are so happy! We do miss the Mountains of Washington but nothing beats our weather :) Not to mention how close we are to all the ships!

We are staying at the Rodeway Inn the night before.

Is it a decent hotel and in an "ok" area of town?

check reviews on tripadvisor,com, there are great reviews & not great. some really made it sound onteresting. we booked hampton inn on stirling rd thru stay123. didn't want to take a chance. ad

We are still struggling for our pre-cruise plan though time is tight. Family of 5, 2 adults, 3 children(15y,11y,5y) will have our first time cruise this Dec. Will arrive at FLL around noon time, and have 48 hours before cruise boarding time. Shopping is not our flavor with kids, wondering what are the must-do-see in Fort Lauderdale. Most Hotels suggested on this site, such as Hyatt Place, pier 66 etc. doesn't allow 5 persons in one room. Any suggestions about hotels and places we should go for a visit?

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place and it will hold 5 ppl. You can get two beds and there is a sofa sleeper. The pool area isn't too large, but okay, not certain if you will be swimming in Dec. You can go down 17th to the Water Taxi and it is pretty interesting and an inexpensive way to get to Las Olas which has lots of things to do. I think around $12 pp for the day w on and off priviledges.

We are staying at Embassy Suites on 17th and it is our favorite and the pol area is great. It is near Hyatt Place so most of the same opportunities for things to do. At either of thee you could set up a tour of the Everglades on an airboat which was really fun for our kids. Just a few thoughts. I love family cruises!

I sent in a request for an estimate and got email back that they received my request and will be in touch. I figure it will be Monday, but that's fine. Thanks again!

Not sure if VIP ever got back to you or not. I called Larry's Limo today, as I've seen them mentioned on the board several times. For whatever it's worth, their quote was 46% higher than VIPs quote (amounting to $200). We have a group of 20, so I don't know if Larry would be more competitive with a smaller group to transport.

Not sure if VIP ever got back to you or not. I called Larry's Limo today, as I've seen them mentioned on the board several times. For whatever it's worth, their quote was 46% higher than VIPs quote (amounting to $200). We have a group of 20, so I don't know if Larry would be more competitive with a smaller group to transport.

No, they never got back to me. I'm going to try one more time tomorrow if I can remember:rolleyes:

I did get a quote from Larry's Limo for about $100 from Port Everglades to Port of Miami and also $100 from Port of Miami to airport. (But that's for two people in a sedan.) I'll probably go with them for Port to Port but not back to the airport. I think I'll call SAS for that. If I remember correctly, I think they will do that.

Thanks for your help! I'll call VIP soon if I don't hear from them.

Gallery One Doubletree vs Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Which hotel is the better choice? Or would you recommend something different? We are looking for a decent place to spensd a couple days after our cruise.

Definitely, the Hilton Marina, especially if your staying for a few days:

- a beautiful pool area

-right next to a water taxi stop

-restaurants and shopping a few blocks away

-the Hilton is a 4* hotel...Doubletree is not.

My cruise in Feb. 2011 leaves from Port of Miami. I have credit on Southwest so we will fly into Ft. Lauderdale, spend the night there, and take a shuttle to Miami around midday the day of the cruise.. Do you know of any shuttle companies that will pick up at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel that is not at the airport and take us to the Port of Miami? Return would be from POM to FLL airport.

Gallery One Doubletree vs Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Which hotel is the better choice? Or would you recommend something different? We are looking for a decent place to spensd a couple days after our cruise.

We have stayed at both and our choice would be the Gallery One. Walking distance to beach, next door to Galleria Mall, across street from CVS Drug Store, Water Taxi stops at back door. Rooms are suites and much nicer than the Hilton. Only plus for the Hilton in my opinion would be the pool, although the Gallery One does have a nice one.