Hong Kong Disney?

cruisecruzer

My daughter wants to go to Disney in Hong Kong when she gets off the ship. Does anyone know what transportation she would take and how much it cost? She doesn't want to do the tourist bit in HK ...only Disney. Lol.

Any info is much appreciated!

Annie

She can catch a train very easily and it stops at the disneyland station. I can remember that it had disneyland characters painted throughout the train.

You will have no trouble finding information when you get to Hong Kong. Alternatively if you googled Hong Kong Disneyland I am sure it will tell you about transport to get there.

We found the train system in Hong Kong very easy to use.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/products_index.html

You can use the MTR Tourist Day Pass ($55) and Child Tourist Day Pass ($25) to reach Disneyland.

From Ocean Terminal, either walk north to Austin Station or east to Tsim Sha Tsui East station, then take the west rail to Nam Cheong station and change to Tung Chung Line. Get off at Sunny Bay Station and change to Disney Line for Disneyland.

If you take MTR from Tsim Sha Tsui, then you will have to go to Lai King to change to Tung Chung Line.

My daughter wants to go to Disney in Hong Kong when she gets off the ship. Does anyone know what transportation she would take and how much it cost? She doesn't want to do the tourist bit in HK ...only Disney. Lol.

Any info is much appreciated!

Annie

I do not know if you have seen the following link on Hong Kong Disney Land so I will post it you you to check out:

http://www.hongkongextras.com/_hong_kong_disneyland.html

I was on the Diamond Princess last October when we stopped in Hong Kong and had an overnight stay. I was sending out daily cruise newsletter and I will copy and paste my comment about our visit to Disney Land. We took a taxi both ways and I think we paid around $25 each time.

Our second day in Hong Kong was spent in Disney Land. For those of you who know Jim, you know that he is a huge fan of Disney, so this was a perfect opportunity to visit his first Disney Park outside of the US. It was a very good choice and we both had a good time. I had planned on taking the MTR subway but, we both overslept and got a late start. We ended up getting a tender to shore at 9:15 AM which put us on land at 10 AM. Since the park opened at 10 AM we hopped in a taxi which took 20 minutes to drive and cost 280 Hong Kong dollars. The layout of the park is similar to all the other parks but it had far less rides. We rode Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain in Tomorrow Land…twice. Both times, we had our picture taken on the ride and in both pictures; Jim’s head was cut off. He explained to me that the ride is built for small Asians, not 6’4” Americans. In Adventure Land we rode the Jungle Cruise which had a few things that the Disney World version does not have. At the end of the Jungle Cruise they had a lot of fire and a volcano going off, which was cool. We saw several families from our cruise ship in the park, so we were not the only people to have the same idea. I wanted to take the MTR back to the pier but since we would have to change trains Jim insisted we take a taxi back. From the time we arrived at the pier it took us an hour to get back on the ship. All in all we had a very good day and I held up good with all the walking that we did.

I would like to take a minute and relive some past memories…I think it was in June 1973, just a year after Walt Disney World in Orlando opened, and I took my little 5 year old Jimmy for the first time. We flew to the states from Germany and met up with my sister, Rosalie and other family members. At the time, Rosalie had a motor home and all of us piled in and went to Walt Disney World. I can remember one of the first rides we went on was “It’s a Small World” and I had to help my little Jimmy get on and off of the ride. Now 35 years later my big Jim had to help his old Dad to get on and off the rides. Regardless how old I am, when ever we go to Disney World, I have to ride “It’s a Small World” and I think back to the time when I saw my son’s face light up for the first time when we went on the ride.

For all of you that would like to read up on Hong Kong, I will post the link where I found the information about Disney Land. It is found at:

http://www.hongkongextras.com/index.html

I do not know if you have seen the following link on Hong Kong Disney Land so I will post it you you to check out:

http://www.hongkongextras.com/_hong_kong_disneyland.html

I was on the Diamond Princess last October when we stopped in Hong Kong and had an overnight stay. I was sending out daily cruise newsletter and I will copy and paste my comment about our visit to Disney Land. We took a taxi both ways and I think we paid around $25 each time.

Our second day in Hong Kong was spent in Disney Land. For those of you who know Jim, you know that he is a huge fan of Disney, so this was a perfect opportunity to visit his first Disney Park outside of the US. It was a very good choice and we both had a good time. I had planned on taking the MTR subway but, we both overslept and got a late start. We ended up getting a tender to shore at 9:15 AM which put us on land at 10 AM. Since the park opened at 10 AM we hopped in a taxi which took 20 minutes to drive and cost 280 Hong Kong dollars. The layout of the park is similar to all the other parks but it had far less rides. We rode Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain in Tomorrow Land…twice. Both times, we had our picture taken on the ride and in both pictures; Jim’s head was cut off. He explained to me that the ride is built for small Asians, not 6’4” Americans. In Adventure Land we rode the Jungle Cruise which had a few things that the Disney World version does not have. At the end of the Jungle Cruise they had a lot of fire and a volcano going off, which was cool. We saw several families from our cruise ship in the park, so we were not the only people to have the same idea. I wanted to take the MTR back to the pier but since we would have to change trains Jim insisted we take a taxi back. From the time we arrived at the pier it took us an hour to get back on the ship. All in all we had a very good day and I held up good with all the walking that we did.

I would like to take a minute and relive some past memories…I think it was in June 1973, just a year after Walt Disney World in Orlando opened, and I took my little 5 year old Jimmy for the first time. We flew to the states from Germany and met up with my sister, Rosalie and other family members. At the time, Rosalie had a motor home and all of us piled in and went to Walt Disney World. I can remember one of the first rides we went on was “It’s a Small World” and I had to help my little Jimmy get on and off of the ride. Now 35 years later my big Jim had to help his old Dad to get on and off the rides. Regardless how old I am, when ever we go to Disney World, I have to ride “It’s a Small World” and I think back to the time when I saw my son’s face light up for the first time when we went on the ride.

For all of you that would like to read up on Hong Kong, I will post the link where I found the information about Disney Land. It is found at:

http://www.hongkongextras.com/index.html

Thanks for the information! My daughter is also a huge disney fan and really wants to go to hong kong disney to check it out. I know that it'll be smaller compared to disneyland and walt disney world.

Hong Kong is one of the easiest cities in the world to get around. You should have no trouble getting around as the "subway" system is clean, simple and efficient. The entire transportation system is english friendly.

Archived