Do all cruiselines charge for children/babies?

High Cs

or do children under age two cruise free, for instance? I'm wondering about Disney or Nickelodeon cruises especially.

Not free. On Disney, the third guest sails at a reduced rate, but they aren't free. Look at the sailing you are interested in and do a dummy booking, and you can pull up the price.

Nickelodeon cruise are run by RCI, there were only a couple of them this summer, and they were priced by family size.

http://www.nick.com/minisites/familycruise/freedom_pricing.jhtml

Sometimes there are promotions and you just keep looking or a travel agent will know if something came across their desk that a line was promoting otherwise they charge. It is usually discounted for 3rd and 4th passenger and some lines are cheaper than others for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

I just looked into this - 3rd passenger was most expensive on Princess, then RCI, then Carnival, then Celebrity and cheapest on NCL (was only $199 for the 7 night cruise I was looking at)

You didn't look into MSC and Costa which are the ones I know where kids sail free. I think just paying taxes.

I just looked into this - 3rd passenger was most expensive on Princess, then RCI, then Carnival, then Celebrity and cheapest on NCL (was only $199 for the 7 night cruise I was looking at)

For Princess at least, it is VERY dependent on which ship/itinerary/cruise it is. Don't just assume one line will be higher than another based on our posts - price out any line that has the general itinerary you want. On some of our Princess cruises, my 3rd passenger has sailed for $199 or $299 (and not as part of any sale - that was just the rate for that cruise at that time). On our Princess cruise to Hawaii though, the 3rd passenger rate was almost the same as the 1st/2nd passenger.

Best,

Mia

Archived