Carnival Fantasy - Suite vs. Penthouse Suite

denmonty5

I am trying to decide between a Suite with a balcony ( Cateogory 11 ) vs. a Penthouse Suite ( Category 12 ). I know that the Suites are on a higher deck but don`t know if the verandas have furniture, chairs etc. We are mainly interested in sitting out on the veranda, reading and watching the Ocean.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Take the Penthouse Cat 12. The mini-suites on Veranda are basically the same as balcony rooms in the new ships. The balconies are TINY. You can get a teeny table and two chairs on them but you really can't stretch out unless you turn sidewise. Also the first three or four balconies on either side are very visible from the forward veranda observation deck and the last three or four are obstructed. They are also under the Gym which can cause noise issues in some of them.

The Category 12 Suites are much bigger. They have a dressing area as well as a full bath. The balconies are big enough to move around on.

I have stayed in both types and if you want the balcony/suite and can swing the Cat 12 I wouldn't hesitate to go for the Cat 12.

I am trying to decide between a Suite with a balcony ( Cateogory 11 ) vs. a Penthouse Suite ( Category 12 ). I know that the Suites are on a higher deck but don`t know if the verandas have furniture, chairs etc. We are mainly interested in sitting out on the veranda, reading and watching the Ocean.

Thanks

For the small differance in price, The Cat 12 is the only way to go.. I have had two in the past 18 months and they are great ! My friend had a Cat 11 #V-15 and while it was nice, The 12 is SO MUCH nicer and the Balcony as well as the cabin is so much more roomy..

Thanks

I have stayed in both on Fantasy class ships (which includes Fantasy). The "penthouse" suite - cat12 - is larger, has a nice balcony and you will be able to sit out on it. The cat11 is smaller and the balcony is a good bit smaller... it is good to stand on and you can sit out on it but it is cramped.

Having said all that for a couple I would opt for the cat11 every time. The Verandah deck is nice to be on, a lot less cabins, very quite and one deck up from the Lido deck... nice to walk down, grab food/beer/etc. and be right back in the room.

We had our first suite (cat. 12) on Fantasy a few weeks ago. There were 4 of us in the suite (dh, myself, dd21, dd18) and there was more than enough room for all of us! We even had a rollaway in the suite, as we didn't want our daughters sleeping together- (restless legs!) and there was still plenty of room. Loved the larger balcony, the tub in the room. It will be hard going back to a regular balcony cabin when the 4 of us sail again. If you can swing it, grab the Penthouse Suite. (we had cabin U97 - great cabin and location)

For those of you who have been in the Penthouse Suite on the Fantasy lately, do they have dvd players? I asked 1 person at carnival and she said yes, but then when I asked the lady who did our booking she couldn't find anywhere where it said it did. Oh and do they have hairdryers?

Thanks

Cat 11 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868&highlight=category

Cat 12 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332945&highlight=fantasy+suites

Archived