Arriving in Tauranga NZ at 4am - what time will we disembark?

Does anyone have any experience in arriving at a port at such an early time? The ship then leaves at 4.45pm in the afternoon, so would love to get off early to make the most of the day. We are planning a provate tour, and if we can be off and away by 6am, we could see so much more than if we started at 8 or 9am.

Thanks for any advice!

Does anyone have any experience in arriving at a port at such an early time? The ship then leaves at 4.45pm in the afternoon, so would love to get off early to make the most of the day. We are planning a provate tour, and if we can be off and away by 6am, we could see so much more than if we started at 8 or 9am.

Thanks for any advice!

Wow.....why bother going to bed at all!! Or in my case, I would need several nanna naps to ready myself for such an early start. Our cruise gets there at 9.30am, which is late I think. One would assume you would not be allowed off until at least the sun rises.

Hope you have a great cruise....the Rhapsody is stunning.

Cheers,

Jen

I haven't seen it so early before. Another passenger was looking at arranging car rental early on to maximise their time though, and the tour operators do try to co-ordinate with ship times so if you are arranging a private tour they may well start reasonably early.

I'm not sure you can get breakfast before 6 a.m. though...?

we are cruising on the Diamond Princess and we arrive in Tauranga on the 10th Feb and the Rhapsody will be there on the same day, can you imagine nearly 5000 people running around that port

rkmw

can you imagine nearly 5000 people running around that port

rkmw

Now that will be a big day :eek:

Tauranga and Mount Maunganui will wonder whats hit them.

Sometimes at Fort Lauderdale and in the Caribbean they have over 10,000 passengers , or more , in port on one day.

I haven't seen it so early before. Another passenger was looking at arranging car rental early on to maximise their time though, and the tour operators do try to co-ordinate with ship times so if you are arranging a private tour they may well start reasonably early.

I'm not sure you can get breakfast before 6 a.m. though...?

I think that was me! :)

Our car hire company mentioned that the earliest they expect us to be allowed to disembark would be 6.00am or 6.30am, and they will be waiting for us as soon as we are cleared to disembark.

Thinking perhaps if the buffet isnt open this early, might try room service or perhaps the day before, we can get a few pieces of fruit / pastries / orange juice and keep this in our room for a quick breakfast the next day (if we have a fridge).

Archived