Crooners Bar, Help!!

across the seas

:confused: Just back from Crown Princess and took the advice from fellow Martini lovers and went to the Crooners Bar. Wow... tried many different and delicious martinis. I also purchased the martini cards but alas my favourite martini wasn't there. Does anyone know how I can obtain the recipe for the Pomegranate Martini they made on board???

Thanks for any help you can give.

:confused: Just back from Crown Princess and took the advice from fellow Martini lovers and went to the Crooners Bar. Wow... tried many different and delicious martinis. I also purchased the martini cards but alas my favourite martini wasn't there. Does anyone know how I can obtain the recipe for the Pomegranate Martini they made on board???

What does the Martini card cost and how many drinks are included?

Not Princess' receipe, but:

2 oz citrus vodka

1/2 oz fresh lemon juice

1/4 oz fresh pomegranate juice

1 oz simple syrup

Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Add a dash of rose water if available. Garnish with flamed orange peel, and serve....:):):)

Bob

A secret – for the readers of this thread only. If you are in Crooners and ask for an olive tray, you will get a free olive tray with like 7 or 8 different types of olives (stuffed, sizes, types) and containing probably 12 to 16 free olives. Outstanding! Well,,,, Princess does expect you to have a few drinks too… so please don’t abuse the free’ness of the olives. Really nice, and it is not advertized. We have had this on 4 different Princess ships, so I assume it is one of those “for those in the know only” Princess things.

Enjoy!!!!!

A secret – for the readers of this thread only. If you are in Crooners and ask for an olive tray, you will get a free olive tray with like 7 or 8 different types of olives (stuffed, sizes, types) and containing probably 12 to 16 free olives. Outstanding! Well,,,, Princess does expect you to have a few drinks too… so please don’t abuse the free’ness of the olives. Really nice, and it is not advertized. We have had this on 4 different Princess ships, so I assume it is one of those “for those in the know only” Princess things.

Enjoy!!!!!

That is a secret and why we love Crooners. :D

Indeed Jeanne:

I thought so too. But, as a bar, there are so many things to like about Crooners on Princess. – my favorite. I see you have been on the Lane Victory too! My dad was Captain of the Central Victory (1st, in early 1945 when she was commissioned in San Fran), and some of his ships ‘stuff’ is on the Lane. Did you take the cruise on the Lane? Very cool….. I’ve been a couple times and stop on by whenever I’m in Southern Cal (!).

Dan

Crooners is a fabulous place for martini's. Love trying all the different types. When we have been on the Sapphire we also found it a great place to go and get specialy coffee drinks in the afternoon ( with a little alcohol thrown in!). We would come back from port and go there and relax a bit. Lovely!

I've never heard about a martini card, please tell me more!

Janette

Sorry Janette.....they don't have a martini card, rather a deck of playing cards that are supposed to have all their martini recipes on the back but I guess that some of their newer recipes are not there. They are $5.00 at Crooners.

Good fun.

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp?cat=GI&subcat=s1&subject=Request%20for%20Recipes%20and%20Bar/Wine%20Information

This page on the princess website is a form to request recipes for drinks or food! There you go!

Thank you Cruisin'Chris, I connected and sent my request.

Ann

2 oz citrus vodka

1/2 oz fresh lemon juice

1 oz simple syrup

Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Add a dash of rose water if available. Garnish with flamed orange peel, and serve....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob, I will try that one..:D

Indeed Jeanne:

I thought so too. But, as a bar, there are so many things to like about Crooners on Princess. – my favorite. I see you have been on the Lane Victory too! My dad was Captain of the Central Victory (1st, in early 1945 when she was commissioned in San Fran), and some of his ships ‘stuff’ is on the Lane. Did you take the cruise on the Lane? Very cool….. I’ve been a couple times and stop on by whenever I’m in Southern Cal (!).

Dan

Dan,

I understood what you were writing. Crooners is one of the nicest Princess bars. The staff is always fun, and watching them shake the martinis can be entertaining.

Lane Victory is docked right next to where Princess docks in Los Angeles so is an easy walk from ship to ship. Nice tour if you are needing to burn some time. We are members of the society and have done the day sail on her. Thank your father, that was one dangerous job.

2 oz citrus vodka

1/2 oz fresh lemon juice

1 oz simple syrup

Bob

You can also use Pomegrante vodka to make it even better!

I love Crooners for the great views of the Atrium while enjoying a cocktail or two. I am getting thirsty just thinking of it. Yes, they will give you olives and sometimes a nut/pretzel mix. The fabulous olives are also served in the Adagio bar.

Does anyone know if there is a Crooners bar on the Golden? If not, what bar on that ship is best for martinis? Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know if there is a Crooners Bar on the Star Princess?

The Crooner's equivalent on these two ships is the Promenade Lounge and Bar on deck 7 starboard side at the Atrium.

So do they have a list of the different martinis that they make, or is best to buy the Martini Cards for $5, sift through them and ask for the different kinds? I like to try different ones, but don't always know what to ask for!!

There is a drink menu in every lounge and at every bar.

The Drink menu in indoor bars is the regular cocktail menu (the International Cafe Bar has a coffee menu out in the daytime).

The regular cocktail menu has about 8 martinis on it (like the Pomegranate Martini, the Passionada Martini (yum!), and the Lemon Meringue Martini). These martinis are not on the special Crooners martini menu that starts being displayed around 5 pm, but are always availabe but don't appear on the Martini recipe playing cards.

The regular cocktail menu remains displayed in the other indoor bars and lounges after 5 pm since these bars are not promoted as martini bars.

The open-deck bars have a special menu of tropical and frozen drinks displayed (but they are also available everywhere else as well).

You shouild be able to get any drink at any bar (except for some 'exclusive' ones that are supposed to be served only at Adagio--e.g. Tiramisu Martini, Basilico Mojito). The bartenders rotate bars and are tested on various dirnk recipes each cruise so as long as they have the supplies they can make them.

Only Crooners (or Promendade Bar) and Adagio have the special stuffed olives available for those purchasing drinks.

Archived