NFL Games on the Crown?

MarinaDCA

I hope this isn't a stupid question.

But....as we're cruising in the middle of football season I wondered if there would be places on the ship (bars...) that might be showing the games?

If they have them (and that's a big IF), you'd probably see them in the one of the bars and possibly on your stateroom TV. If it's a big game, it'd probably be in the Explorer's Lounge or on the MUTS.

Perhaps an snippet from the official Princess statement about cabin TV might help:

TV Programming*

Getting away from it all doesn't mean being out of touch. Every stateroom on Princess ships has its own TV set featuring our multi-channel Princess Overseas Television programming.* We offer live satellite reception of CNN, ESPN International, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and Boomerang where satellite coverage permits. Along with a movie channel featuring a wide selection of first-run movies, we also provide the latest sitcoms and dramas, an onboard version of the Discovery Channel, and a wide selection of special programming, including the Academy Awards® . Plus, for sports fans, we offer several major sporting events such as the Super Bowl® , BCS college bowl games, NBA Finals and the NCAA basketball tournament. Closed captioning is available on most Princess ships; please check with the Passenger Services Desk for information.

* Ship television programming is not guaranteed at all times due to the nature of satellite communications, which are subject to itinerary and possible disruption from weather patterns and various obstructions. Also, Internet access via satellite is significantly slower than high-speed connections on shore.

On the cruises I have been on during football season, they do show games in the bars and your stateroom TV. Also, on Thanksgiving Day they showed the NFL games on MUTS - which was way cool. We have also watched the NCAA basketball Championship game in Club Fusion, so I believe you will find several opportunites to watch.

Mike

But....as we're cruising in the middle of football season I wondered if there would be places on the ship (bars...) that might be showing the games?

We have been on several October curises where they showed many of the college and pro football games. DW wasn't really crazy about it:mad:, but I LOVED IT.:cool:

Also saw several other sporting events...I think it really depends on who picks the programs. HMMM, I wonder if we could find out who that was, and buy them a really nice gift...;)

Have fun and hope you get to see the games you want to while on board.

Thanks for all the answers!!

We were really hoping to be able to watch the Pats get and get the highlights (for our fantasy teams of course) and it seems it may be possible :)

I'd love to watch a game while watching the ocean go by :)

My experience is there is always sports on in the cigar lounge. Some have multiple screens

Ditto to that. It is really cool to sit in the lounge and watch the ocean go by as the commercials play. Best of both worlds FOR SURE!!!:)

Sometimes the international ESPN channel in the cabins picks up network sports events from CBS, FOX, NBC and ABC.

Archived