slacks liner?

LindaKE

I bought unlined wool blend slacks for our upcoming Canada / New England cruise. Unfortunately I have sensitive skin, and they are itchy. I have Cuddle Duds (50% cotton and 50% nylon) that I could wear underneath, but they fit tightly and seem like they would be hot on warm days or in warm places like the airport. Panty hose are tight and uncomfortable for long days traveling. In catalogs I found some cotton slacks liners and some nylon ones in either knee length and ankle length. But I can't tell how tightly they would fit. Does anyone have any experience with slacks liners? Any other suggestions? I would be looking for something to fit between me and the wool, yet not be too warm. If only we could have some cool weather to try out options before we go, but that won't happen on the Gulf Coast!

Thanks in advance.

Try this link. It's for JC Penney - Under Women - Slips & Liners.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=50475&CatID=51203&cmCatLevel=3&CmCatId=50475

My mom wears pant liners like the ones you posted. They work great, unless the pants have skinny legs.

Of course if that doesn't work for the OP then you could also take them to a dressmaker and have a lining sewn in. I guess it depends on how much you'll wear the pants and if they are an "investment". Good luck!

Why did you buy "itchy" pants????? If you're not comfortable in an item, they're not a bargain!

I've done it countless times ... you try on an article of clothing in the store & you don't sit in them or bend in them. I doubt there is a person out there who hasn't done the same thing. :p

Try this link. It's for JC Penney - Under Women - Slips & Liners.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=50475&CatID=51203&cmCatLevel=3&CmCatId=50475

This is one of the items I had found. I was just wanting to see if anyone had experience with them.

I thought the pants would be O.K when I tried them on. Now they have been hemmed, so I can't return them. I bought them originally because this board had recommended washable wool pants for a cool/cold fall cruise. These were the only washable ones I could find.

Thanks everyone!

I love cuddl-duds and wear them under most of my winter pants (even here in the south). They do not cause me to get overheated. I usually get the regular lightweight knit ones. They also make a knit blend with Cool-Max that might be worth a try.

Archived